Dodo

Respectfully disagreeing with Leo about Crypto

357 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

49 minutes ago, FourCrossedWands said:

Also, there will be flying cars 😂

Last decade gold vs bitcoin.

chart.jpg

It's sort of like you're looking at the graph of Kodak film vs digital cameras in 1999.

If Bitcoin already had a massive graph vs gold, then it would already be too late to invest. The whole point of investing is to get in early, before it becomes obvious.

Edited by Leo Gura

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

3 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

It's sort of like you're looking at the graph of Kodak film vs digital cameras in 1999.

If Bitcoin already had a massive graph vs gold, then it would already be too late to invest. The whole point of investing is to get in early, before it becomes obvious.

The graph was supposed to show how statements like "Bitcoin is replacing gold" are delusional.

Posted (edited)

1 hour ago, FourCrossedWands said:

The graph was supposed to show how statements like "Bitcoin is replacing gold" are delusional.

The statement is that Bitcoin will replace gold over time. Your graph does nothing to contradict that.

Edited by Leo Gura

Posted (edited)

9 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

That statement is that Bitcoin will replace gold over time. Your graph does nothing to contradict that.

I am not sure about that, because every year, more money went into gold than into Bitcoin and there is no reason why it should change in the future. In the last year, about 2 tril went into gold and 1 into Bitcoin. I don't think we will live long enough to see crypto overtake precious metals.

Edited by FourCrossedWands

Posted (edited)

5 minutes ago, FourCrossedWands said:

In the last year, about 2 tril went into gold and 1 into Bitcoin.

The last year saw an epic crypto bubble crash, market crash, and record high inflation. It's no surprise that gold was popular.

In 10 years the situation can change radically. So I wouldn't worry about not living long enough. There will be huge shifts happening in the next 10 years within tech.

Edited by Leo Gura

6 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

That is beyond my expertise.

Nobody is in control of these vast systems. So my general policy is to not worry about the economic system as a whole. Worry rather about your own finances (which is what you can control).

Seems like yes. Lots have tried to supplant Bitcoin and none have come close. If anything, the last crypto crash shows how full of shit all the other coins are and how solid Bitcoin is. If Bitcoin was BS, it should have died in the last crash. The fact that Bitcoin has rebounded to an all time high after such a bad crash is a very good sign for Bitcoin maximalists.

I think there is a very good chance that Bitcoin will replace gold. Which is why I invested in it. Admittedly, this is speculative and risky, but it's not a crazy bet.

Agreed. Bitcoin is a beast

12 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Could happen, but Bitcoin could just as likely replace gold long term. Despite all the shitcoins out there, Bitcoin is still quite unique. What needs to happen is all the shitcoins need to die, leaving only Bitcoin.

Just like different vehicles, we need the altcoins for different purposes. You cant just have a family car, you need racing cars, you need trucks that can carry a large load, you need all sort of different type of vehicles for it to best serve humanity. 

There is no universe in which altcoins die and bitcoin remains. 

🌟

🌟  Star ☀ Power 🌟

🌟

5 minutes ago, Dodo said:

There is no universe in which altcoins die and bitcoin remains. 

There will be a few altcoins for specialized purposes, but not as the main store of value.

7 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

There will be a few altcoins for specialized purposes, but not as the main store of value.

You should check out creator of Ethereum, people put their money on anything he touches. 

The guy tweeted that solana is a good project and singlehandedly revived it from 8$ it is now 150$.

Altcoins will rise and fall more than bitcoin, creating bigger volatility, but they will keep trending with btc. In the bull markets they will be better than btc, in bear markets they will be worse. Everyone can decide for themselves

🌟

🌟  Star ☀ Power 🌟

🌟

Posted (edited)

24 minutes ago, Dodo said:

You should check out creator of Ethereum, people put their money on anything he touches.

I could not care less about these crypto bros or anything they say.

Edited by Leo Gura

16 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

eh but even with this viewpoint sure you would not have 100x your investment 

but would still have easily 2x 3x or even 4x since 2022

@Dodo what do you think about which altcoins will make it too? 

Posted (edited)

6 hours ago, OBEler said:

@Dodo what do you think about which altcoins will make it too? 

well the ones im currently buying, XRP (big fud around it, giving me chance to enter) ETC - the OG ethereum and Gala which is a low cap gaming coin 

Below is chart of xrp current price vs BTC and its at all time lows. Thats where i place my chips. 

ZumGDXaW.png

Edited by Dodo

🌟

🌟  Star ☀ Power 🌟

🌟

23 hours ago, FourCrossedWands said:

Email does not replace mail, it has different purpose.

i can show you the graph of gold against btc price, but you probably dont want to see it. Hint, gold is losing and looks like an exit scam on that chart, trending down down down. I get it has a huge marketcap, exactly why im buying crypto not gold. 

🌟

🌟  Star ☀ Power 🌟

🌟

26 minutes ago, Dodo said:

Email does not replace mail, it has different purpose.

i can show you the graph of gold against btc price, but you probably dont want to see it. Hint, gold is losing and looks like an exit scam on that chart, trending down down down. I get it has a huge marketcap, exactly why im buying crypto not gold. 

In which reality gold is going down? Certainly not in mine because I own gold and it has been a good safe investment so far. Better than dividend stocks or saving accounts.

19 hours ago, FourCrossedWands said:

In which reality gold is going down? Certainly not in mine because I own gold and it has been a good safe investment so far. Better than dividend stocks or saving accounts.

In the current reality, Price of Gold vs price of BTC is on a downtrend as seen in this chart, ever since BTC inception. I cant even show the top there because the current price action will not be seen and its gearing up for another leg down, ready to collapse to 0. 

asfasfsdgsdgsdgsdgsdgsdg.PNG

🌟

🌟  Star ☀ Power 🌟

🌟

Posted (edited)

6 hours ago, Dodo said:

In the current reality, Price of Gold vs price of BTC is on a downtrend as seen in this chart, ever since BTC inception. I cant even show the top there because the current price action will not be seen and its gearing up for another leg down, ready to collapse to 0. 

asfasfsdgsdgsdgsdgsdgsdg.PNG

Collapse to zero? You guys are very funny 😊 It's like saying food is going to collapse to zero.

Gold is gods money and a very useful commodity. It has been here since the beginning of times and will be long after we are all dead.

No man-made gimmick can simply replace it.

Humankind will always come back to gold because it has been the only constant during wars and depressions.

Edited by FourCrossedWands

Posted (edited)

18 hours ago, FourCrossedWands said:

Collapse to zero? You guys are very funny 😊 It's like saying food is going to collapse to zero.

Gold is gods money and a very useful commodity. It has been here since the beginning of times and will be long after we are all dead.

No man-made gimmick can simply replace it.

Humankind will always come back to gold because it has been the only constant during wars and depressions.

im talking about gold price being 0.000x btc, it still might be bullish, but bitcoin can rise massively in comparison. The reward is worth the risk in my view. 

Edited by Dodo

🌟

🌟  Star ☀ Power 🌟

🌟

Gold is better than dividends? 

Love is the λόγος' of humanity. The very important thing is to Love all flora and fauna of all kinds of species that inhabit the environment. Whether you call it Mother Earth or Gaia etc." To love all beings in the world and Universe with unconditionally Love and unbiased. Humanity doesn't mean only love it includes compassion peace and being kind generous to one another and non-judgmental and having more respect for others, especially your elders. Trying to always see the best in people. Being more authentic and more genuine and having moral integrity and values. Try to think for yourselves somewhere along the way humans have lost the ability to independent thought. Forgive all, especially yourselves, and always speak well of everyone because you never know what they're going through or have been through. Always be there for your family and friends and above all just be you and recognize and embrace your individuality, your own unique beautiful self. Try and love yourself a bit more every day and never stop dreaming or using your wonderful human Imagination.❤♾❤?