LSD-Rumi

Why is the West so lenient towards Israel?

60 posts in this topic

I mean killing more than 10000 people in the span of a month would grant a lot of economical sanctions for any other country if it engaged in such things. Why is it different in the case of Israel?

15 minutes ago, LSD-Rumi said:

I mean killing more than 10000 people in the span of a month would grant a lot of economical sanctions for any other country if it engaged in such things. Why is it different in the case of Israel?

Saudi arabia etc got leniency too

but imo for example germany is very “lenient” to israel because of the holocaust

the u.s. because of close ties in army, weapons, tech and intelligence 

many jews live in the u.s. many if them probably support israel.

many evangelicals etc also support israel

australia, uk, canada are with u.s

also many of the citizens of israel  came from the “west”

etc

Edited by PurpleTree

The West is hypocritical in its nature

Everything it actually does it projects outwards on others and everything it says it will do it does the opposite 

Since the beginning of The West 

The West are the terrorists. All you need to do is pop out of its insulated bubble and its obvious 

With the whole Israel thing. It's just one of the many chess moves that The West makes to expand their empires 

Edited by Twentyfirst

Just now, Twentyfirst said:

The West is hypocritical in its nature

Everything it actually does it projects outwards on others and everything it says it will do it does the opposite 

Since the beginning of The West 

The West are the terrorists. All you need to do is pop out of its insulated bubble and its obvious 

Which place or country outside the west isn’t hypocritical?

2 minutes ago, PurpleTree said:

Which place or country outside the west isn’t hypocritical?

Which person isn't hypocritical? Everything has a hint of hypocrisy but The West is notorious around the globe for extreme versions of it

This number is very likely a mixture of hamas people and civilians together:

Also the west is not all stupid and knows hamas assimilates itself among civilians as deep as possible and as manipulative as possible because that its #1 survival strategy and what it does all day long, as he knows IDF is much stronger.

Edited by Nivsch

🌻 Stage Yellow emerges when Green starts to have tolerance and respect to the variety of views within HIMSELF. Israelis here? Let me know!

@Nivsch

11 minutes ago, Nivsch said:

This number is very likely a mixture of hamas people and civilians together.

Also the west is not all stupid and knows hamas assimilates itself among civilians as deep as possible and as manipulative as possible because that its #1 survival strategy and what it does all day long, as it must do to survive given its inferiority to IDF.

When you keep bombarding people for a month nonstop, such numbers are not that fantastical.

Eliminating Hammas doesn't mean you can kill thousands of children without regard to Human life. Basically, Israel wants to minimize its losses, so they are very happy to keep bombarding children to death.

27 minutes ago, Nivsch said:

This number is very likely a mixture of hamas people and civilians together:

Also the west is not all stupid and knows hamas assimilates itself among civilians as deep as possible and as manipulative as possible because that its #1 survival strategy and what it does all day long, as he knows IDF is much stronger.

Interesting and likely but only up to an extent. We can see enough with our own eyes from social media and no it’s not all Pallywood.  Even if all the men who die are ‘combatants’ it still leaves over 7’000 women and children civilians. 

1 hour ago, LSD-Rumi said:

Basically, Israel wants to minimize its losses, so they are very happy to keep bombarding children to death

This quote proves you don't know Israel's strategy and way of thinking.

When you keep bombarding people for a month nonstop, such numbers are not that fantastical.

*Buildings which are mostly empty from civilians (who were asked to leave) and uses as hamas fortifications against IDF.

Fairly yes there are civilian casualties because of hamas #1 strategy to assimilate among them very manipulatively. But the numbers are very likely highly manipulated too, which doesn't mean Israel has at all no room to improve its accuracy, but the world has to understand we are dealing with a clever virus and not just a stupid suicidal animal.

🌻 Stage Yellow emerges when Green starts to have tolerance and respect to the variety of views within HIMSELF. Israelis here? Let me know!

Imagine being bombed by missiles for 15 years from south and threatened also by another proxy military in Lebanon, leading by A regime in Iran who develop nuclear power and also declare it wants to destruct you. Also from east you have thousands of hamas terrorists not recognizing at all you country's right to exist.

And when you try to deffend yourself, they mix themselves in civilians to prevent you from doing that and the world believe them.

Would you feel this is right and does justness with you?

Don't hurry to judge a survival situation of a society you have not experienced.

Edited by Nivsch

2 minutes ago, Nivsch said:

From where are you @LSD-Rumi ?

We are neighbors. Here form Jordan. Don't use the bias card, I am not biased.

We are neighbors. Here form Jordan. Don't use the bias card, I am not biased.

Nice to hear that and even more intersting now to hear what you think seriously. When you have time relate please also to what I wrote above and add of course what you want.

Edited by Nivsch

@LSD-Rumi

2 hours ago, LSD-Rumi said:

The reason why is due to similarities in developmental factors like Spiral Dynamics stages of development, cognitive and moral development, personality types and traits, ego development, other lines of development especially societal, and ideological beliefs indoctrinated via family upbringing, culture, newspapers, radio, tv programs, social media, and other information intake points in the information ecology.

One major factor I think is that because Israel is more developed, and has similar ideologies that are somewhat democratic, egalitarian, feminist, and generally left leaning in appearance and on paper. There may be business and capitalist ideological incentives for the USA to show political support for Israel. I think it's that, especially if you see the surrounding areas like Lebanon, Syria, Egypt, parts of Iran, even Turkey feeling they want to get involved, it's understandable they'd side with Israel, especially in USA's history of taking over the Americas and taking lands from the Native tribes there like the Apache and Comanche, they both have a shared ego collective historical pattern of conquering lands.

33 minutes ago, Nivsch said:

Imagine being bombed by missiles for 15 years from south and threatened also by another proxy military in Lebanon, leading by A regime in Iran who develop nuclear power and also declare it wants to destruct you. Also from east you have thousands of hamas terrorists not recognizing at all you country's right to exist.

And when you try to deffend yourself, they mix themselves in civilians to prevent you from doing that and the world believe them.

Would you feel this is right and does justness with you?

Don't hurry to judge a survival situation of a society you have not experienced.

These points are valid but one must develop a wholistic point of view not to be biased. It is very important to see stuff from the point of view of Hamas. 

Imagine someone who invaded your country and kicked out your people overnight. Of course, this happened a long time ago and current Israel doesn't hold responsibility for the actions of the founding fathers, but at least they must acknowledge that the establishment of Israel in that manner was a big mistake. Israelis are not able to put themselves in the shoes of Palestinians and keep insisting on the silly point, that this was their land 2000 years ago. The land belongs to the last people they had it before A peaceful world was a thing. Today If Jews invaded Palestine in the manner they did in 48, virtually nobody would support them and their claims would be very silly.

Israel did everything not to make amends and work things out with Palestinians. Ironically, they kept taking people's lands and making more settlements, which led to more anger and hate among Arabs. 

now moving on to Hammas, I don't support them for many reasons. First of all, justifying the use of terrorist tactics and killing civilians, secondly and most importantly, they don't hold realistic expectations. Their ultimate goal is to destroy Israel, which is a thing that would never happen and shouldn't happen. I believe in a resistance group that put the establishment of an independent state as their main goal, and preventing Israel from making more settlements in its land along with asking Israel for a big financial compensation for all the harm done by them over the years.

Imagine someone who invaded your country and kicked out your people overnight. Of course, this happened a long time ago and current Israel doesn't hold responsibility for the actions of the founding fathers, but at least they must acknowledge that the establishment of Israel in that manner was a big mistake. Israelis are not able to put themselves in the shoes of Palestinians and keep insisting on the silly point, that this was their land 2000 years ago. The land belongs to the last people they had it before A peaceful world was a thing. Today If Jews invaded Palestine in the manner they did in 48, virtually nobody would support them and their claims would be very silly.

I understand, but many or most of the "kicking out" was only after the arabs started resisting violently the Jews who came here during the British Mandatory and especially after the war the arab initiated in respone the the UN Partition Plan.

Thats what I understand but if you have another data please add because I am not an expert and maybe I dont see the whole picture.

Israel did everything not to make amends and work things out with Palestinians. Ironically, they kept taking people's lands and making more settlements, which led to more anger and hate among Arabs. 

About the settlements I agree with you, but in the other hand the opposite is also true because Israel has offered the palestinians endless times to establish a state for them with eastern Jerusalem as their capital and most of the west bank area, and they have always rejected every proposal including when we offered them that we will retreat back to 67' lines (with areas exchanges).

Let alone the evacuation of Israel from Gaza in 2005 letting them a decent independence to live their life however they want.

Edited by Nivsch

15 minutes ago, Nivsch said:

About the settlements I agree with you, but in the other hand the opposite is also true because Israel has offered the palestinians endless times to establish a state for them with eastern Jerusalem as their capital and most of the west bank area, and they have always rejected every proposal including when we offered them that we will retreat back to 67' lines (with areas exchanges).

Let alone the evacuation of Israel from Gaza in 2005 letting them a decent independence to live their life however they want.

Yeah, I don't like the Arab all or nothing "free Palestine" position. But I don't think Israel made any real deals regarding the establishment of an independent Palestinian state with the evidence that to this day, a lot of peaceful palestanian organisations still demand that with no use. Also, Israel kept expanding further triggering Arabs which culminated in a war in 73. If they were really into peace, they shouldn't have kept expandong further, and they still do to this day.

To be honest, I am not that informed regarding the conflict so I am may have some wrong assumptions or I may lack some details but this is my take.