Bazooka Jesus

Is Jordan Peterson losing it?

37 posts in this topic

I've never found his thoughts and reasonings to be necessarily true or logical. I find other people are more educational. He has an agenda, and I am not here to be swept away in people's agendas. 

I'm sure I could watch his videos and find interesting thoughts, but I prefer others. 

On 14.11.2023 at 10:22 AM, OBEler said:

Connor murphy went at least gradual more crazy and with a good story behind. 

Update: ok I read the comments, it seems like they like it. So jordan peterson seems to know what he is doing

Well, from what I've heard Dr. Peterson has undergone a couple of therapeutically assisted high dose mushroom trip sessions a while back, and he has gradually ramped up the crazy-meter ever since... and of course, Connor Murphy also had his fair share of fanboys who were gleefully cheering him on all along the way. All some people care about is their regular supply of online panem et circenses, real life consequences be damned. So yeah, I would say that there are quite a few parallels between Connor and Jordan.

And to the smug "sanity shmanity bruh" crowd on here I will say this: You all take your (relative) mental stability way too much for granted. It's easy to act all glib and relativistic as long as your rational faculties are still more or less intact; but I can assure you that a full blown psychotic break with reality is no joke. I have experienced such states during high dose acid trips, and being perpetually stuck in these kinds of torturous mental hell realms is something that I would not wish on my worst enemy. It is literally hell on earth. So you better show some appreciation for whatever sanity you (still) have left, dipshits.

Why so serious?

@Bazooka Jesus

On 13/11/2023 at 11:53 PM, Bazooka Jesus said:

I just watched Jordan Peterson's latest music video. WOW. I mean, the good doctor's behaviour has been strange for quite a while now, but damn... this takes the cake.

Quite honestly, this reminds me of the sort of stuff that Connor Murphy used to put out on Youtube during his manic/psychotic episodes. And some of the comments that I read mentioned vague rumors of a schizophrenia diagnosis that Dr. Peterson and his daughter are allegedly trying to keep under wraps. Now, all of this is of course just half-baked hearsay, so don't quote me on any of it... but man, this incredibly bizarre video does make me wonder about old Jordan's mental state.

I hope he has people who take care of him.

Based on many  developmental factors, I don't think Jordan Peterson has lost his mind.

Also I quoted you. Sorry I'm not sorry.

Just seems like a fun artistic project he decided to do. Why do you interpret so seriously lol?

On 15. 11. 2023. at 1:14 PM, not-a-faerie said:

I've never found his thoughts and reasonings to be necessarily true or logical.

Explain/demonstrate. I did find them quite impressively logical and true; concerning real world. 

On 15. 11. 2023. at 1:14 PM, not-a-faerie said:

He has an agenda, and I am not here to be swept away in people's agendas. 

Can you describe the agenda?

11 hours ago, SeaMonster said:

When you come to a thread and Razard is the voice of reason...:o

Can you post a link to that thread you are talking about? I'd sure like to see it.

Why so serious?

@SeaMonster

14 hours ago, SeaMonster said:

When you come to a thread and Razard is the voice of reason...:o

Sorry, that man is not the voice of reason, he's the voice of discord.

On 11/16/2023 at 0:08 PM, petar8p said:

Explain/demonstrate. I did find them quite impressively logical and true; concerning real world. 

It's like he doesn't understand the perspectives of others and just forces his assumptions on others. that is not logic.

10 hours ago, not-a-faerie said:

It's like he doesn't understand the perspectives of others and just forces his assumptions on others. that is not logic.

He's clinically helping people with addictions and terrible lives. I fairly doubt he doesn't understand the perspective of others, but ok; it's your conclusion..

I think it's kind of refreshing to see an Intellectual Superhero let his idiot flag fly. 

Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily ... 

On 11/16/2023 at 0:35 PM, Bazooka Jesus said:

Can you post a link to that thread you are talking about? I'd sure like to see it.

This one.

On 11/16/2023 at 3:33 PM, Danioover9000 said:

Sorry, that man is not the voice of reason, he's the voice of discord.

On this thread he is, and Bazooka Jesus is surprisingly the voice of stupid.  It's like a reversal of traditional forum roles.

Edited by SeaMonster

On 16.11.2023 at 6:35 PM, Bazooka Jesus said:

34 minutes ago, SeaMonster said:

This one.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sarcasm

34 minutes ago, SeaMonster said:

On this thread he is, and Bazooka Jesus is surprisingly the voice of stupid.  It's like a reversal of traditional forum roles.

Lol, thanks for the compliment.

Anyway... if you don't sense that there is something off about that video, then I don't know what to tell you, brother.

Why so serious?

Man realises he can't change people's perspectives. Man demonizes them for demonizing others. Also because they wouldn't convert to his perspective on mass they are bad, and wrong, and just bad people.

Conservative tries liberal art piece and it goes backwards. If he wants to do conservative art, he'd be better doing subtle and minimalist not expressive and creative. The video comes off like the cartoon creativity of a 5-year-old, because it's not his specialty, and he's going against the very things that make him who he is  to create it.

Eh. People have to learn though, and many only learn by doing. It'd be like me trying to be an engineer, and the bridge collapsing in the first five days because I tried to be creative with the supports. If he's got money just let AI do an average job at a video message for him.

Edited by BlueOak

Why do we think that Jordan  Peterson is 'losing it' is a good or bad thing? That he is being more phobic as a bad thing?

Hypothetical, transphobia is considered a bad phobia, but phobia of a sexual assault or murderer is a good thing, why is one phobua considered bad, but another fear good to feel?

On 11/19/2023 at 0:46 PM, petar8p said:

He's clinically helping people with addictions and terrible lives. I fairly doubt he doesn't understand the perspective of others, but ok; it's your conclusion..

I'm talking about the views he preaches on. He just assumes he knows all people, but it is clear he is out of touch with a lot of people's perspectives. just because he's good at supporting people with addiction doesn't mean he's good at other things.

@martins name

On 2023-11-27 at 2:24 PM, martins name said:

yes

I don't think he's going insane though. He's still able to rationalize and communicate, so he's not going crazy. So much straw manning and stereotyping and bad faith tactics to Jordan Peterson.