Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
r0ckyreed

Insight Into Our Greatest Fear

10 posts in this topic

I just had an insight into what I think is the universal deepest fear and that is Eternity. I got this idea from watching Sartre’s No Exit play and the Good Place. Eternity robs life of all meaning. Death in a way is our salvation and escape from eternal boredom. I think there comes a point when our soul reaches the “I’m done” moment and wants to experience reality from a different perspective. Imagine that if your consciousness was locked into the human form forever, you as God would get tired of that. God cannot be omniscient if it blocks itself off from experiencing everything that isn’t human. This is why I think reincarnation might be true. Reincarnation is like beating one video game to play another. But eternity goes deeper than boredom. One of the reasons why people kill themselves is because they believe their depression will last forever, which of course is a self-deception. You born and die in self-deception.

What do you think? Do you think eternity is our greatest fear? Of course a counter argument is that we wouldn’t fear everlasting, eternal happiness. But I would argue that even happiness would lose meaning without the experience of other contrasting emotions.

All Teachers and Teachings are delusion. You have all the answers within you. The first step on the journey to Enlightenment is questioning all the beliefs and teachings you have ever received. Teachers/Teachings are a distraction/maya at the highest level. There comes a point where you need to trust in your own innate knowledge and derive your own insights into the nature of reality. Teachers make a living and lifestyle of selling you water by the river. You don’t need them. All you need is an insatiable desire for truth and then seriously contemplate reality and uncover all that is false. 

I remember that when I was a little kid, I was absolutely flabbergasted when I learned that there are people who would give anything to be able to live forever. Even back then, the prospect of having to spend all of eternity in this present form seemed to me like the most horrific fate imaginable - bar none!

Luckily, God is smarted than that. HALLELUJAH. ^_^

1 hour ago, r0ckyreed said:

But I would argue that even happiness would lose meaning without the experience of other contrasting emotions.

Exactly. Can't experience something without its opposite. ☯️

Hallelujah again!

Why so serious?

thats what life is for you were scared of eternity and now you aren't. You cured yourself. Now doing all the cool things you already did sounds awesome

Edited by Hojo

5 hours ago, r0ckyreed said:

I just had an insight into what I think is the universal deepest fear and that is Eternity. I got this idea from watching Sartre’s No Exit play and the Good Place. Eternity robs life of all meaning. Death in a way is our salvation and escape from eternal boredom. I think there comes a point when our soul reaches the “I’m done” moment and wants to experience reality from a different perspective. Imagine that if your consciousness was locked into the human form forever, you as God would get tired of that. God cannot be omniscient if it blocks itself off from experiencing everything that isn’t human. This is why I think reincarnation might be true. Reincarnation is like beating one video game to play another. But eternity goes deeper than boredom. One of the reasons why people kill themselves is because they believe their depression will last forever, which of course is a self-deception. You born and die in self-deception.

What do you think? Do you think eternity is our greatest fear? Of course a counter argument is that we wouldn’t fear everlasting, eternal happiness. But I would argue that even happiness would lose meaning without the experience of other contrasting emotions.

I don't disagree with anything here, I'll also say we don't like being the same is in alignment with this. Ever part of God aims to be unique, because it is unique. So its design, its functionality, points to what it WILLS ITSELF TO BE. So God loves difference. Too bad difference is the cause of all conflict. Its a catch 22. But since God loves conflict and drama, its no problem LOL.

Can't have a compelling story without drama.

You are a selfless LACK OF APPEARANCE, that CONSTRUCTS AN APPEARANCE. But that appearance can disappear and reappear and we call that change, we call it time, we call it space, we call it distance, we call distinctness, we call it other. But notice...this appearance, is a SELF. A SELF IS A CONSTRUCTION!!! 

So if you want to know the TRUTH OF THE CONSTRUCTION. Just deconstruct the construction!!!! No point in playing these mind games!!! No point in creating needless complexity!!! The truth of what you are is a BLANK!!!! A selfless awareness....then that means there is NO OTHER, and everything you have ever perceived was JUST AN APPEARANCE, A MIRAGE, AN ILLUSION, IMAGINARY. 

Everything that appears....appears out of a lack of appearance/void/no-thing, non-sense (can't be sensed because there is nothing to sense). That is what you are, and what arises...is made of that. So nonexistence, arises/creates existence. And thus everything is solved.

41 minutes ago, Razard86 said:

I don't disagree with anything here, I'll also say we don't like being the same is in alignment with this. Ever part of God aims to be unique, because it is unique. So its design, its functionality, points to what it WILLS ITSELF TO BE. So God loves difference. Too bad difference is the cause of all conflict. Its a catch 22. But since God loves conflict and drama, its no problem LOL.

Can't have a compelling story without drama.

God also loves lack of difference and god loves lack of conflict and drama, Saying god loves something is kinda pointless because god loves everything. There are realities where everyone is Razard86, literally the same body.

Edited by strangelooper

1 hour ago, strangelooper said:

God also loves lack of difference and god loves lack of conflict and drama, Saying god loves something is kinda pointless because god loves everything. There are realities where everyone is Razard86, literally the same body.

Yeah....its called DEATH. Hello ME!!

Edited by Razard86

You are a selfless LACK OF APPEARANCE, that CONSTRUCTS AN APPEARANCE. But that appearance can disappear and reappear and we call that change, we call it time, we call it space, we call it distance, we call distinctness, we call it other. But notice...this appearance, is a SELF. A SELF IS A CONSTRUCTION!!! 

So if you want to know the TRUTH OF THE CONSTRUCTION. Just deconstruct the construction!!!! No point in playing these mind games!!! No point in creating needless complexity!!! The truth of what you are is a BLANK!!!! A selfless awareness....then that means there is NO OTHER, and everything you have ever perceived was JUST AN APPEARANCE, A MIRAGE, AN ILLUSION, IMAGINARY. 

Everything that appears....appears out of a lack of appearance/void/no-thing, non-sense (can't be sensed because there is nothing to sense). That is what you are, and what arises...is made of that. So nonexistence, arises/creates existence. And thus everything is solved.

So I guess it seems like I made a genuine insight into the nature of our ultimate fear. Nobody seems to disagree, so I take that as my assessment of eternity being our ultimate as being 100% accurate.

All Teachers and Teachings are delusion. You have all the answers within you. The first step on the journey to Enlightenment is questioning all the beliefs and teachings you have ever received. Teachers/Teachings are a distraction/maya at the highest level. There comes a point where you need to trust in your own innate knowledge and derive your own insights into the nature of reality. Teachers make a living and lifestyle of selling you water by the river. You don’t need them. All you need is an insatiable desire for truth and then seriously contemplate reality and uncover all that is false. 

2 hours ago, r0ckyreed said:

So I guess it seems like I made a genuine insight into the nature of our ultimate fear. Nobody seems to disagree, so I take that as my assessment of eternity being our ultimate as being 100% accurate.

Well I wouldn't call it fear, because literally God is invulnerable. Does a game designer fear how he constructs his game? Only if he forgets its a game. So I wouldn't call it a fear unless you are talking from the character point of view. Also Death is the destruction of all meaning because Death is ONENESS. 

Notice that Enlightenment also is the realization of ONENESS which also destroys all meaning. So yeah in one sense death creates meaning because life is limited. But the only reason eternity destroys all meaning is because eternity IS DEATH. If you are eternal and cannot be killed, then technically you are already dead. You can't kill what is already dead. God is unkillable because God is death itself. We call form life, we call limitation life, so if God ever created an unlimited form that cannot be killed God would be the walking dead. LOL.

Edited by Razard86

On 12/11/2023 at 8:32 PM, r0ckyreed said:

Eternity of the soul is the best thing ever! But eternity of memories isn't that great though.

there is no price-tag too high for the ego to garner one more day on this planet

go to a hospice and talk to folks

or ask any billionaire on their death bed

ego's programming is to be here tomorrow not today

how matters not, now matters not