jdc7733

Can I just have some sort of relationship that doesn’t involve bad things?

8 posts in this topic

What on earth would you want to get someone? They could do literally anything to you. It would be reasonable to ask for someone who does not give you pain and I don’t even know what kind of positive things you’d want from them, after all they’re supposed to put you through and then you’re somehow feel bad when they’ve died and like… Is that supposed to worth it? Can I just have the best relationship imaginable? You don’t ask to be born then you ask for a bunch of things that turn out bad and people say the whole point of life is to enjoy yourself.

34 minutes ago, jdc7733 said:

What on earth would you want to get someone? They could do literally anything to you.

That's true, but what do you want to do about it? 

Every time you hit the road, a truck can hit you and destroy your life. Everything is like that I think 👁

It would be reasonable to ask for someone who does not give you pain and I don’t even know what kind of positive things you’d want from them,

A little jam on the toast 👁

after all they’re supposed to put you through and then you’re somehow feel bad when they’ve died and like… Is that supposed to worth it?

You don’t ask to be born then you ask for a bunch of things that turn out bad and people say the whole point of life is to enjoy yourself.

Yeah, everything is polarized. But then again what can you do? 👁

Can I just have the best relationship imaginable?

Do you even know what it is? 👁

If you dont understand, you're not twisted enough.

I wish you find what you want, you're cool.

If you dont understand, you're not twisted enough.

On 11/9/2023 at 2:06 PM, jdc7733 said:

Can I just have the best relationship imaginable?

Sure, but that requires you to step out of your comfort zone. That’s going to initially seem bad at first, but stick with it and you can reframe it as a good sort of bad.

“Why was the math book always alone? Because it had too many problems to solve on its own!“ -Claude 3 Opus

Stop expecting only good things to happen in your relationships. That will not grow you. That’s like going into a psychedelic trip with the intention of only good things to happen. 

Be open to allowing shit to hit the fan, there is a lot you can learn from difficult experiences.

On 11/9/2023 at 2:06 PM, jdc7733 said:

They could do literally anything to you.

Not if you learn how to set appropriate boundaries.

“Why was the math book always alone? Because it had too many problems to solve on its own!“ -Claude 3 Opus

All relationships require management.

Even if you want free sex, free $, free house, you still have to ask for them.

And yes bad things will still happen. Either they or you die first. Choose one.

Edited by hyruga