Husseinisdoingfine

Could someone please explain to me what is Narendra Modi doing in this photograph.

9 posts in this topic

I log onto twitter and I see this:

https://www.businesstoday.in/latest/in-focus/story/who-is-acharya-vidyasagar-maharaj-the-jain-seer-pm-modi-met-in-chhattisgarh-404633-2023-11-05

I had to look up, who is 'Acharya Shri', so I searched on google. And what do I see? A naked guy.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Acharya_Vidyasagar

*sigh*

أشهد أن لا إله إلا الله وأشهد أن ليو رسول الله

The 'nakedness' that you see is a symbol of asceticism/monkhood. In India, people who want to dedicate their lives to the pursuit of God leave civilization, go to the forest and spend all day every day meditating, without caring about where they'll get food, water or shelter. They say that synchronicities happen for their needs to get met. 

In Hindu religion, when you touch someone's feet/bow down the way Modi is doing, you are showing them your reverence for them. And, it is customary in the religion to show reverence to monks/ascetics. 

No different than Biden going to meet the Pope.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

On 06/11/2023 at 9:16 PM, Husseinisdoingfine said:

I log onto twitter and I see this:

https://www.businesstoday.in/latest/in-focus/story/who-is-acharya-vidyasagar-maharaj-the-jain-seer-pm-modi-met-in-chhattisgarh-404633-2023-11-05

I had to look up, who is 'Acharya Shri', so I searched on google. And what do I see? A naked guy.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Acharya_Vidyasagar

*sigh*

Jain monks dont wear dress! 

I will be waiting here, For your silence to break, For your soul to shake,              For your love to wake! Rumi

Osho made a very good point, that when Bodhidharma said that an awakened person drops their clothes, he did not LITERALLY mean to drop their clothes. Clothes was a metaphor for the egoic false self.

أشهد أن لا إله إلا الله وأشهد أن ليو رسول الله

18 hours ago, Husseinisdoingfine said:

Osho made a very good point, that when Bodhidharma said that an awakened person drops their clothes, he did not LITERALLY mean to drop their clothes. Clothes was a metaphor for the egoic false self.

Those monks might have never heard of Osho. As per my research, Jain monks don't wear clothes simply to show that they don't possess anything other than their body, including clothes.

22 hours ago, Husseinisdoingfine said:

Alexander failed infront of a naked monk they say!

I will be waiting here, For your silence to break, For your soul to shake,              For your love to wake! Rumi

How you respond to things, define you. And if you respond to things with judgment or irritated feelings, you have defined yourself to be something other than truth. In other words something made you uncomfortable. And it is only ego that can ever feel this way and then try to cope with it by using judgment. Which is but a desire to kill, what you believe has no right to exist. 

Edited by Salvijus

Those you do not forgive you fear. 

On 07/11/2023 at 3:21 PM, Husseinisdoingfine said:

What is so shocking about nudity? Everyone is naked inside their clothes.