Ramanujan

How do i move out to canada

19 posts in this topic

i am in 3rd world country. how do i move to canada and get a good living ? does anyone know how to do it ?

I would look up the rights you have there and how easily you can get your employment status.. 

What are some skills you can offer in the workspace?  Have you worked anywhere so far? 

Do you have some money at your disposal? 

No one can really answer you, it depends on your situation bro..

@petar8p i am college dropout with no experience. i am looking for finishing my degree i droped out .

Are you comfortable enough to fly away to Canada and "figure it out"?

You want to finish your degree in Canada? That’s gonna be expensive. 

You’re gonna need to google. There’s a bunch of Indians all over the place here. I’m sure someone knows what to do.

But, also know many of them are struggling to pay rent, buy food and pay for school.

Edited by Thought Art

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

@Ramanujan research it

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

18 hours ago, Ramanujan said:

@Thought Art @Thought Art    if i develope some software skills ,does a lot of opertunities open to me ?

I don't know where you live. But, I'd suggest focusing on the strengths of your culture and exporting that to the West. That'll give you opportunities. 

For example, there are New-Age women who love ethnic jewelry. This is something that's made very easily in Delhi. There are people who make good money exporting ethnic jewelry to the West. You could hone in on the right market in the West, you could take business-trips to that country and eventually settle down there if you want. 

@mr_engineer i  am from India too. My plan is to get good in programming job and then use that skill to migrate

20 minutes ago, Ramanujan said:

@mr_engineer i  am from India too. My plan is to get good in programming job and then use that skill to migrate

Which college did you drop out from? 

@Ramanujan

Get an internship. I recommend applying to a company that at least values the mental health of its workers.

Build your CV. Create a profile on LinkedIn and start searching for whatever positions you are comfortable with.

I am from Mexico and moved to Canada in 2019. There is a huge housing crisis and food pricing is going crazy high as well. Maybe not the best time to come but if you want to i'd recommend two options.

There is a Rural Program (RNIP) where you get to live in a small community (cities between 10-150k people) and they give you permanent residence right away. Its kind of crazy. It is pretty competitive these days but the only thing you need is a job offer from somewhere within the community.

The other program is to do either a college program or a masters in University. Those are the most affordable ones, and after graduation by default you can apply for a post graduate work permit. It allows you to work anywhere openly. 

A college program as an international student is between 15-20k per year and it is reasonable. You can ask for a loan and pay it relatively quick if you know how to move your money. I recommend going to a smaller town because prices are not as high as in toronto or vancouver.

If you have work experience that is the best for you. Id recommend to finish your degree and save money and then apply for a program here. You can work 20h a week a s a full time student.

@Ramanujan What do you mean?  If that is what you want of course you are able to survive. Winters are rough for sure. they are soo cold and barely any sun. Nothing like your beautiful warm country for sure.  

To get the job offer you will have to  network and position yourself as someone better than anyone else in the community. maybe even come first before moving for sure. Its not as glamorous as you think. What country are you in??

On 04/12/2023 at 10:54 PM, lizz_luna said:

@Ramanujan . What country are you in??

India

Need to get out. There is overpopulation and this raises the competition. For every 1 guy who get fired , 100 are in line for his job because of over population

Edited by Ramanujan