TheWind

What is liberation?

28 posts in this topic

I’ve found a-lot of motivation in the pursuit of a intuitive notion of spiritual freedom without ever having a full grasp or full understanding of it. It has acted as a beacon towards deeper and deeper insights towards reality. And as I purse it I do feel more free. But I wonder am I moving towards a particular ‘experience’   ? Or am I just moving towards an unending direction that  is just more free? What is the truth?

25 minutes ago, TheWind said:

But I wonder am I moving towards a particular ‘experience’   ? Or am I just moving towards an unending direction that  is just more free? What is the truth?

First of all ..reality is infinite ..therefore you are never "done" . There is always more degrees of freedom you can achieve. 

Also..."liberation " is not an "experience "..that's antithetical to liberation. To chase exotic experiences in the future is a never ending   pursuit and your material desires will never be exhausted . What you should do is detach yourself as much as you can from pleasing yourself.  Become a stoic . Avoid soft comfort zone activities. Start embracing suffering more. .

Edited by Someone here

"life is not a problem to be solved ..its a mystery to be lived "

-Osho

liberation is the key to spiritual work. We must completely free ourselves from the energetic barriers that trap us. To do this you have to be able to see them, and once seen, want to break them.

Open yourself to the now completely, without reservation. then you expand to infinity. this is a reality, not a mental story. You, now, expand to infinity. There is nothing like it, any mental understanding is a joke, this is the real thing. 

Liberation is just you releasing yourself from layers and layers of ignorance that create psychological suffering in your life. Pursue that which is true for its own sake and for no other reason and you will get what you desire.

You are a selfless LACK OF APPEARANCE, that CONSTRUCTS AN APPEARANCE. But that appearance can disappear and reappear and we call that change, we call it time, we call it space, we call it distance, we call distinctness, we call it other. But notice...this appearance, is a SELF. A SELF IS A CONSTRUCTION!!! 

So if you want to know the TRUTH OF THE CONSTRUCTION. Just deconstruct the construction!!!! No point in playing these mind games!!! No point in creating needless complexity!!! The truth of what you are is a BLANK!!!! A selfless awareness....then that means there is NO OTHER, and everything you have ever perceived was JUST AN APPEARANCE, A MIRAGE, AN ILLUSION, IMAGINARY. 

Everything that appears....appears out of a lack of appearance/void/no-thing, non-sense (can't be sensed because there is nothing to sense). That is what you are, and what arises...is made of that. So nonexistence, arises/creates existence. And thus everything is solved.

28 minutes ago, Breakingthewall said:

energetic barriers

What's that ?

-Osho

4 minutes ago, Breakingthewall said:

Fear

OK. Yeah we should overcome fear . But to be honest it's difficult .

For me personally I'm soooooo fucking afraid of death . Life doesn't scare me .I could spend all day working a wage slave job and not eat more than a sandwich of Tuna and be fine with that . I have surrendered my life to God.  But fear of death is fucking me in the ass .

Any insights on how to overcome fear of death? 

-Osho

3 minutes ago, Someone here said:

OK. Yeah we should overcome fear . But to be honest it's difficult .

For me personally I'm soooooo fucking afraid of death . Life doesn't scare me .I could spend all day working a wage slave job and not eat more than a sandwich of Tuna and be fine with that . I have surrendered my life to God.  But fear of death is fucking me in the ass .

Any insights on how to overcome fear of death? 

Fear is the inherent fear of being a human, it is what keeps you now in a mental capsule, grasping everything with your mind creating an illusion of security and control. Now you are floating in infinity, and you know nothing, there is nothing to hold on to. This, now, is eternity. You can open yourself to it right now, it is the total glory of existence, the unfathomable depth. You just have to let your mind fall into nothingness. It is not stopping thinking, it is letting down the one who wants to stop thinking.

7 minutes ago, Breakingthewall said:

Fear is the inherent fear of being a human, it is what keeps you now in a mental capsule, grasping everything with your mind creating an illusion of security and control. Now you are floating in infinity, and you know nothing, there is nothing to hold on to. This, now, is eternity. You can open yourself to it right now, it is the total glory of existence, the unfathomable depth. You just have to let your mind fall into nothingness. It is not stopping thinking, it is letting down the one who wants to stop thinking.

but its not a one night deal .you go through a tough process to accepting it .you have to  face your fear of death. Your fear of insanity. And basically every other fear you have.  Most people are not ready to accept this degree of wakefulness. That 's why leo says everyone is not awake. 

-Osho

10 minutes ago, Someone here said:

but its not a one night deal .you go through a tough process to accepting it .you have to  face your fear of death. Your fear of insanity. And basically every other fear you have.  Most people are not ready to accept this degree of wakefulness. That 's why leo says everyone is not awake. 

You have to, for a moment, really, without the slightest reservation, say: I'm not afraid of anything, I leave all the control.  Then the reality opens. 

But of course, after reality closes again, because soon you start to fear again, to need to control the reality.

12 minutes ago, Breakingthewall said:

You have to, for a moment, really, without the slightest reservation, say: I'm not afraid of anything, I leave all the control.  Then the reality opens. 

Have you done that (not picking on you. Just innatelycurious) ?

13 minutes ago, Breakingthewall said:

But of course, after reality closes again, because soon you start to fear again, to need to control the reality.

Exactly.  So we can't "lock " the high states of consciousness and fearlessness forever. You need to have fear to survive as a human.  You need to look at the cars passing by the highway before you cross otherwise you gonna die.  And again..dying is the biggest fear I could think of.  Idk why but I'm afraid of ending up in a hell realm.

-Osho

8 minutes ago, Someone here said:

Have you done that (not picking on you. Just innatelycurious) ?

Yes many times, it doesn't mean that you are not afraid of suffering or dying of hunger, is that at a given moment, right now, you are not afraid of anything, you are able to look your fear in the face and let it go. is to look at reality directly, without the filter of the self 

2 hours ago, TheWind said:

But I wonder am I moving towards a particular ‘experience’   ? Or am I just moving towards an unending direction that  is just more free? What is the truth?

A particular realization (which is stable/permanent.)  

20 minutes ago, Breakingthewall said:

Yes many times, it doesn't mean that you are not afraid of suffering or dying of hunger, is that at a given moment, right now, you are not afraid of anything, you are able to look your fear in the face and let it go. is to look at reality directly, without the filter of the self 

Yeah thats easy .that's not what I'm talking about.  Right now there is literally nothing to be afraid of ..because I'm sitting comfortably in my house safely. But what about the inevitable death ? That's what I'm asking how to overcome fear of.

Edited by Someone here

-Osho

11 minutes ago, Someone here said:

Yeah thats easy .that's not what I'm talking about.  Right now there is literally nothing to be afraid of ..because I'm sitting comfortably in my house safely. But what about the inevitable death ? That's what I'm asking how to overcome fear of.

You're not afraid of death; you're afraid of what comes after. You believe you'll end up in an eternal hell. Get over that and you'll be fine.

There is no beginning, there is no end. There is just Simply This. 

3 minutes ago, Princess Arabia said:

Get over that and you'll be fine.

Easier said than done .

The kicker is you got not the first clue what happens after death ..so exactly are you gonna make peace with this fact? 

Also death itself is painful as fuck .

-Osho

Just now, Someone here said:

Easier said than done .

The kicker is you got not the first clue what happens after death ..so exactly are you gonna make peace with this fact? 

Also death itself is painful as fuck .

Really, how do you know death is painful. Have you ever experienced death. There are lots of NDE's, and almost all have said nothing but good things. There is nothing but life, anyway. Death is death. If it is dead its dead. Can't be alive, then dead. What is, is. What's real can't be changed. 

6 minutes ago, Princess Arabia said:

Really, how do you know death is painful.

If we are talking about the death of someone you love and care deeply about, the pain comes from realizing how selfish you’ve been towards them while they were still in your presence. You can only start to truly appreciate how selfish you’ve been when they’re long gone.

“I once tried to explain existential dread to my toaster, but it just popped up and said, "Same."“ -Gemini AI

Just now, Yimpa said:

If we are talking about the death of someone you love and care deeply about, the pain comes from realizing how selfish you’ve been towards them while they were still in your presence. You can only start to truly appreciate how selfish you’ve been when they’re long gone.

He's talking about his own death, I believe.

Just now, Princess Arabia said:

He's talking about his own death, I believe.

Yes, and to put it bluntly, you are mourning the death of yourself. Because they are you.

“I once tried to explain existential dread to my toaster, but it just popped up and said, "Same."“ -Gemini AI