bodplov

Is the Bible a good tool for self development or realisation of God and it’s aspects?

13 posts in this topic

Is the Bible or any other religious text is good for self development? Can quantum mechanics be used as a bible or a religious teaching? I’m confused, now I with my family have to meet with religious people and read Bible with them, they are added me to the group and gave me an assignment to search the Bible for the word “pride” and find everything about it. 

It's training wheels. All religion is training wheels. 

You are a selfless LACK OF APPEARANCE, that CONSTRUCTS AN APPEARANCE. But that appearance can disappear and reappear and we call that change, we call it time, we call it space, we call it distance, we call distinctness, we call it other. But notice...this appearance, is a SELF. A SELF IS A CONSTRUCTION!!! 

So if you want to know the TRUTH OF THE CONSTRUCTION. Just deconstruct the construction!!!! No point in playing these mind games!!! No point in creating needless complexity!!! The truth of what you are is a BLANK!!!! A selfless awareness....then that means there is NO OTHER, and everything you have ever perceived was JUST AN APPEARANCE, A MIRAGE, AN ILLUSION, IMAGINARY. 

Everything that appears....appears out of a lack of appearance/void/no-thing, non-sense (can't be sensed because there is nothing to sense). That is what you are, and what arises...is made of that. So nonexistence, arises/creates existence. And thus everything is solved.

On 11/4/2023 at 4:44 PM, Razard86 said:

It's training wheels. All religion is training wheels. 

What's better?

Leo's videos are all you need. The Bible has basic spiritual truths but has so much nonsense it is a waste of your time. 

3 hours ago, PenguinPablo said:

What's better?

Well the first question is where are you developmentally? And the second question is how much do you value truth? Do you value truth over money, food, and sex? Until that question is yes...go pursue that. Religion is good at teaching core principles about how to embody love and unraveling some aspects of what God is. 

The problem with religion is it is full of symbolism that is taken too literally, and various other inconsistencies, and also corrupted by egoic beliefs. But without religion a person can miss the value of being honest and loving and fall into the trap of valuing results over integrity. This is the trap most men fall into, what is called the facts over feelings trap. The truth is both matter, facts and feelings. If you separate between either you are deluded.

Anyway...what is better is cultivating an individual spiritual practice, and learning to remove all biases. In this process the first target should be your avatar/human persona. But personally you should not even engage in this process in my opinion until around your 30's. Before that go get some education, learn some job skills, and have relationships and then after you have built all that up then you can start doing Spirituality seriously.

An underdeveloped ego will not respond well from Spirituality. There need to be proper grounding/understanding/healthy mentality/ before one can really go deep. So while a deep individual spiritual practice is paramount, proper developmental milestones need to be reached.

You are a selfless LACK OF APPEARANCE, that CONSTRUCTS AN APPEARANCE. But that appearance can disappear and reappear and we call that change, we call it time, we call it space, we call it distance, we call distinctness, we call it other. But notice...this appearance, is a SELF. A SELF IS A CONSTRUCTION!!! 

So if you want to know the TRUTH OF THE CONSTRUCTION. Just deconstruct the construction!!!! No point in playing these mind games!!! No point in creating needless complexity!!! The truth of what you are is a BLANK!!!! A selfless awareness....then that means there is NO OTHER, and everything you have ever perceived was JUST AN APPEARANCE, A MIRAGE, AN ILLUSION, IMAGINARY. 

Everything that appears....appears out of a lack of appearance/void/no-thing, non-sense (can't be sensed because there is nothing to sense). That is what you are, and what arises...is made of that. So nonexistence, arises/creates existence. And thus everything is solved.

If you're ready, you can even listen to a barking dog and wake up. Otherwise it'll just annoy you. You know, it depends on who you are and where you are, and your proclivities, and so on. 

Edited by Vibroverse

19 minutes ago, Vibroverse said:

If you're ready, you can even listen to a barking dog and wake up. Otherwise it'll just annoy you. You know, it depends on who you are and where you are, and your proclivities, and so on. 

^^^Tis True for everything. All our lives are purely subjective.

14 minutes ago, Razard86 said:

^^^Tis True for everything. All our lives are purely subjective.

Yeah, we are the subjective lenses through which the one is looking at itself, in a sense. 

Texts of that nature are not needed at all when it comes to self-transformation, depends on how you use them though. With enlightenment, no, because it is you and direct, best you can do is contemplate.

Edited by UnbornTao

Yeah, you can do some personal and spiritual development with the bible. 

Sort of depends on you.

Quantum mechanics, not in my opinion is it enough to base ones life on...

Personally think there is most growth when you are willing to learn from many schools...

Edited by Thought Art

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

There are infinite books out there. The Bible is just one of them.

Notice how clinging onto the Bible as the only one truthful book is attachment. Your entire identity gets wrapped up in it. So you’re limiting yourself to only what the Bible tells you is true. 

Obviously, this example doesn’t just apply to the Bible. It can also be this forum.

“I once tried to explain existential dread to my toaster, but it just popped up and said, "Same."“ -Gemini AI

On 11/5/2023 at 7:07 PM, itsadistraction said:

Leo's videos are all you need. The Bible has basic spiritual truths but has so much nonsense it is a waste of your time. 

No. Attaching yourself to the bald Russian man is also a trap.

“I once tried to explain existential dread to my toaster, but it just popped up and said, "Same."“ -Gemini AI