HMD

If I do not exist, then who’s breathing?

75 posts in this topic

The breath can go on on its own, it’s an occurrence. But when I control it, who’s controlling it? If there is no I then why must breath keep happening? If there is no I then there need not be breath. Why have breath as a necessity, mandatorily, without I? 

Edited by HMD

"The wise seek wisdom, a fool has found it."

Ya dude, nothing makes sense and nothing is ultimately logical. If I gave you a "cause" then you would ask what is the "cause" of the cause. It's turtles all the way down.

Your signature even says only a fool thinks he found wisdom (aka answers).

47 minutes ago, HMD said:

The breath can go on on its own, it’s an occurrence. But when I control it, who’s controlling it? If there is no I then why must breath keep happening? If there is no I then there need not be breath. Why have breath as a necessity, mandatorily, without I? 

breath is the vibration of the absolute that you as a body mind rides

breath control is impossible ... we try to tweak it but better to watch it and see that is does its own thing

to consciously ride along with breath, become one with it, is the best we can do, and is a lofty spiritual practice

breath is the gateway to beyond

Of course, @itsadistraction. The questions are supposed to be rhetorical.

I have noticed myself becoming too absolutist at times, and this line of questioning helps me keep the relative realm in mind. 

7 minutes ago, gettoefl said:

100%. Breath seems to me like a portal between the relative and absolute  realm (which are ultimately just one realm). For me, it is the quickest way to switch between these two. 

But you can actually control your breath, you can even pass out from holding your breath for too long. 

Edited by HMD

1 minute ago, HMD said:

100%. But you can actually control your breath, you can even pass out from holding your breath for too long. 

yea one always thinks that way, i say the number of breaths allocated is set in stone so don't be god through heroic breathing rather instead by breathing  who you are

2 minutes ago, gettoefl said:

so don't be god through heroic breathing rather instead by breathing  who you are

I fail to understand this, please elaborate. 

16 minutes ago, HMD said:

I fail to understand this, please elaborate. 

there is no need for straining yourself with convoluted elaborate pranayama feats, you are it already

6 minutes ago, gettoefl said:

convoluted elaborate pranayama feats

Damn son you got words! 

10 minutes ago, HMD said:

Damn son you got words! 

beware the sorcery of source :P

14 minutes ago, gettoefl said:

sorcery of source

Hahah love it

Edited by HMD

The "I" is God. The breath is Source. HMD is a construction that can fall apart and will. There is no you breathing. Breath is happening. 

There is no beginning, there is no end. There is just Simply This. 

23 minutes ago, gettoefl said:

beware the sorcery of source :P

Sourcery is the highest sorcery. 

Who are you?

Start contemplating that afresh, that is, without presuming anything. You might as well be a pencil or a banana, so hey, stay open.

Then you can say who you are and move on to inquiring "What am I?"

It's okay that you don't know, don't assume we're less ignorant here than the average folk.

1 hour ago, gettoefl said:

breath is the vibration of the absolute that you as a body mind rides

breath control is impossible ... we try to tweak it but better to watch it and see that is does its own thing

to consciously ride along with breath, become one with it, is the best we can do, and is a lofty spiritual practice

Yes Ive heard others say to follow the breath etc

So what does this look like? While I'm at work talking with a patient do I also watch my breath at the same time?

10 minutes ago, itsadistraction said:

Yes Ive heard others say to follow the breath etc

So what does this look like? While I'm at work talking with a patient do I also watch my breath at the same time?

indeed you do ... you have to work up to it from meditation to outside walking to noting it while reading and writing to monitoring while interacting

breath is ever communicating its message, for example you can easily switch on the sympathetic / parasympathetic nervous system by making the outbreath longer / shorter than the inbreath

i strongly recommend the book Breath by James Nestor if you like this kind of thing, he goes a 10-year odyssey to get to the bottom of breath and another outstanding  book while i am at it is The Presence Process that is predicated on conscious breathing

2 hours ago, HMD said:

Alligators and/or crocs are conscious breathers, they cant breathe automatically, only when they decide to. Otherwise they would breath in water by mistake. (fun fact)

I do not think it is actually an important question. ("if I do not exist then who is breathing"). The more important question is do you breathe correctly. Do you use your human superpower called Deep Diaphragmatic Breathing? Forget about not existing. Don't think. Many are overthinking all this shit! 

Edited by Dodo

🌟

🌟  Star ☀ Power 🌟

🌟

1 hour ago, Vibroverse said:

Sourcery is the highest sorcery. 

Sourcery is the new sorcery. 

43 minutes ago, Dodo said:

Forget about not existing. Don't think

The query would still remain. People will still shout “there is no you!”. I would still have this question, “if there is no I, then why breath? For whom” 

@Princess Arabia There is supposed to be no “I”  

@UnbornTao I arrive at I don't know, every time. 

7 minutes ago, HMD said:

The query would still remain. People will still shout “there is no you!”. I would still have this question, “if there is no I, then why breath? For whom” 

@Princess Arabia There is supposed to be no “I”  

@UnbornTao I arrive at I don't know, every time. 

I AM is God. There is no you, God is being everything. When you say I, you're speaking of God as God.

There is no beginning, there is no end. There is just Simply This.