SQAAD

Does LSD Put Strain On Your Body??

14 posts in this topic

Hello everyone. I've recently found a very good source of LSD and had some profound awakenings that i did not even think were possible.

I am really excited about this tool and i want to use it carefully. I've tripped three times thus far. All of my trips except one were not problematic at all , which means that i did not feel physically bad in any way.

But my last trip kinda put a strain on my body. Let me explain.. First of all.. i was not well rested at all. And when i tripped, there was a moment where i felt really really terrible in my body.. Thankfully this sensation did not last much beside a few minutes.

It was like there were two opposite forces.. one was trying to put me to sleep and the other one was trying to keep me awake. I believe is because if i wasn't tripping at that time ,i would be falling asleep.

I did not expect this to be a problem though... Because with coffee for example, you can be sleep deprived, and not have a problem if you drink it..

I don't understand why its different with psychedelics..

Also i noticed that this time i went too deep in the trip, and the Love became so much that i began noticing a mild strain in my heart. This made me stop going any further.

I believe that if you take LSD while well-rested then there are no problems. 

Edited by SQAAD

Think you’ve kind of answered your own question, lsd lasts a long time and can be draining, if you do it when your already tired then your going to have an even more uncomfortable body load.

also coffee is a complete stimulant, psychedelics have stimulating effects but are not a true stimulant.

psychedelics can relax your body in ways that hard to achieve when sober, but they also keep you wide awake. If you fight the relaxation of your body with your mind then it can cause extreme tension, you just have to let the body do what it wants to do, don’t try to fight it.

you’ll find that if you let the body work through the energy and let it flow wherever it wants to go then the body load will often dissipate into extreme bliss.

Edited by Francis777

@Francis777

On 1/11/2023 at 4:54 PM, Francis777 said:

Think you’ve kind of answered your own question, lsd lasts a long time and can be draining, if you do it when your already tired then your going to have an even more uncomfortable body load.

also coffee is a complete stimulant, psychedelics have stimulating effects but are not a true stimulant.

psychedelics can relax your body in ways that hard to achieve when sober, but they also keep you wide awake. If you fight the relaxation of your body with your mind then it can cause extreme tension, you just have to let the body do what it wants to do, don’t try to fight it.

you’ll find that if you let the body work through the energy and let it flow wherever it wants to go then the body load will often dissipate into extreme bliss.

Great advice. Thank you!

What do you mean when you say that LSD can be draining? You mean psychologically?

I have used substances such as coffee, modafinil & weed while sleep-deprived and never once did i have an issue....

But with psychedelics.. it's different. Two times i have tripped while  sleep-deprived and i felt terrible for a few moments. I don't understand why it's different with psychedelics and i have never heard anyone else talking about this before.

This experience has kinda scared me & i won't repeat the same mistake again.

All the other times i've taken psychedelics (while well-rested), i never experienced anything bad physically..

Only thing i've noticed, is that i sleep a lot after a deep trip with LSD. Maybe it's because the trip exhausts your energy.

Edited by SQAAD

11 hours ago, SQAAD said:

@Francis777

Great advice. Thank you!

What do you mean when you say that LSD can be draining? You mean psychologically?

I have used substances such as coffee, modafinil & weed while sleep-deprived and never once did i have an issue....

But with psychedelics.. it's different. Two times i have tripped while  sleep-deprived and i felt terrible for a few moments. I don't understand why it's different with psychedelics and i have never heard anyone else talking about this before.

All the other times i've taken psychedelics (while well-rested), i never experienced anything bad physically..

Only thing i've noticed, is that i sleep a lot after a deep trip with LSD. Maybe it's because the trip exhausts your energy.

Well then, I think that narrows it down, If your fine when well rested then its just the lack of energy from not sleeping. 

Think about if you haven't slept all night then try to go about your day, it can be hard to even stand up for long periods of time as your body is so heavy and achy, your body doesn't utilise oxygen as efficiently and everything, Sleep is such a pinnacle factor in just normal day top day functioning, if you try to trip when your in that state, when all your body wants to do is crash out and go offline, there's going to be a massive internal conflict.

Also, typical stimulants like coffee, weed and modafinil work on the dopamine receptors, which is the survival circuit so it makes sense that they give you a genuine boost in energy.

Psychedelics primarily work on the serotonin receptors so they are not going to flood your system with transmitters that are action oriented and therefore wont give you a "rush" like stimulants do. But your going to to be 10x more awake than if you just had a coffee. Can you see the problem?

And yes I just meant psychologically draining, but that of course can also translate into physical fatigue as your brain is more likely to release cortisol which is the stress hormone when your mentally drained, which is taxing on the body. I believe they're called disruptors, they inhibit proper function.

haha all this to say, get your Zzz's in if you wanna trip.

Just now, Francis777 said:

the mind is also more susceptible to fear when tired, increased probability of paranoia, don't worry about it. From what you've explained nothing seems to be "going wrong".

@Francis777

On 3/11/2023 at 7:50 PM, Francis777 said:

Well then, I think that narrows it down, If your fine when well rested then its just the lack of energy from not sleeping. 

Think about if you haven't slept all night then try to go about your day, it can be hard to even stand up for long periods of time as your body is so heavy and achy, your body doesn't utilise oxygen as efficiently and everything, Sleep is such a pinnacle factor in just normal day top day functioning, if you try to trip when your in that state, when all your body wants to do is crash out and go offline, there's going to be a massive internal conflict.

Also, typical stimulants like coffee, weed and modafinil work on the dopamine receptors, which is the survival circuit so it makes sense that they give you a genuine boost in energy.

Psychedelics primarily work on the serotonin receptors so they are not going to flood your system with transmitters that are action oriented and therefore wont give you a "rush" like stimulants do. But your going to to be 10x more awake than if you just had a coffee. Can you see the problem?

And yes I just meant psychologically draining, but that of course can also translate into physical fatigue as your brain is more likely to release cortisol which is the stress hormone when your mentally drained, which is taxing on the body. I believe they're called disruptors, they inhibit proper function.

haha all this to say, get your Zzz's in if you wanna trip.

Thank you for the great advice brother. Much appreciated.

You said that psychedelics work on the serotonin receptors and they make you 10x more awake than coffee.. This seems super counter-intuitive..

Can you explain why this is the case? 

On 11/1/2023 at 2:34 AM, SQAAD said:

Hello everyone. I've recently found a very good source of LSD and had some profound awakenings that i did not even think were possible.

I am really excited about this tool and i want to use it carefully. I've tripped three times thus far. All of my trips except one were not problematic at all , which means that i did not feel physically bad in any way.

But my last trip kinda put a strain on my body. Let me explain.. First of all.. i was not well rested at all. And when i tripped, there was a moment where i felt really really terrible in my body.. Thankfully this sensation did not last much beside a few minutes.

It was like there were two opposite forces.. one was trying to put me to sleep and the other one was trying to keep me awake. I believe is because if i wasn't tripping at that time ,i would be falling asleep.

I did not expect this to be a problem though... Because with coffee for example, you can be sleep deprived, and not have a problem if you drink it..

I don't understand why its different with psychedelics..

Also i noticed that this time i went too deep in the trip, and the Love became so much that i began noticing a mild strain in my heart. This made me stop going any further.

I believe that if you take LSD while well-rested then there are no problems. 

....ummmm the problem is you compared coffee to psychedelics. 

You are a selfless LACK OF APPEARANCE, that CONSTRUCTS AN APPEARANCE. But that appearance can disappear and reappear and we call that change, we call it time, we call it space, we call it distance, we call distinctness, we call it other. But notice...this appearance, is a SELF. A SELF IS A CONSTRUCTION!!! 

So if you want to know the TRUTH OF THE CONSTRUCTION. Just deconstruct the construction!!!! No point in playing these mind games!!! No point in creating needless complexity!!! The truth of what you are is a BLANK!!!! A selfless awareness....then that means there is NO OTHER, and everything you have ever perceived was JUST AN APPEARANCE, A MIRAGE, AN ILLUSION, IMAGINARY. 

Everything that appears....appears out of a lack of appearance/void/no-thing, non-sense (can't be sensed because there is nothing to sense). That is what you are, and what arises...is made of that. So nonexistence, arises/creates existence. And thus everything is solved.

LSD makes me feel like I've pissed myself, gives me very unpleasant tooth sensitivity, and various problems related to vasoconstriction (feeling like I've snorted a rail of steel powder, 12-year-old's banana ...)

If you dont understand, you're not twisted enough.

@Razard86

17 hours ago, Razard86 said:

....ummmm the problem is you compared coffee to psychedelics. 

I have watched this video multiple times. Noone has talked about this issue. It's something i've discovered for myself.

And still i have not a fullfilling explanation.

Edited by SQAAD

@Schizophonia

On 6/11/2023 at 1:53 PM, Schizophonia said:

LSD makes me feel like I've pissed myself, gives me very unpleasant tooth sensitivity, and various problems related to vasoconstriction (feeling like I've snorted a rail of steel powder, 12-year-old's banana ...)

I don't experience this.

All of my LSD trips thus far (besides one) have been very positive & i was feeling great.

What do you mean when you say "feeling like I've snorted a rail of steel powder"? Also i've masturbated a ton on LSD and never i did have an issue...

Edited by SQAAD

I got so closed to falling asleep on San Pedro and just before falling asleep I had an enormous release from the body with shaking and kryias. 

@integration journey What about other psychedelics?

“I once tried to explain existential dread to my toaster, but it just popped up and said, "Same."“ -Gemini AI

@Yimpa other psychedelics are fine like 5-MEO-DMT and 5-MEO-MALT. But for LSD and mushrooms, I need to force myself to go to sleep at the end of the night because they are too stimulating for my system I guess