Inliytened1

Solipsism undebunked - for the 500th time

122 posts in this topic

9 minutes ago, HMD said:

@Dodo Consider the idea that everyone shares the same consciousness, that it's essentially one unified consciousness. In this view, EVERY individual, including the avatars representing them, can be seen as unique expressions or forms of this singular consciousness. Therefore, it leads us to the notion that the self is the only thing that can be known to exist or may be the only true reality.

If you're the same consciousness as me, come pay my rent and I will begin to believe you.

🌟

🌟  The  🌟 Logos 🌟

🌟

@Dodo I mentioned “unique expressions or forms of this singular consciousness”. Unique expression with unique problems and unique solutions. Ultimately it’s the expression of the same consciousness/Self, so in that respect, the Self is the only thing that can be known. 

"The wise seek wisdom, a fool has found it."

Solipsism is a phase, you'll get over it eventually.

Whatever "you" is, can just be without attaching a story to it.

All stories and explanations are false.

4 hours ago, Inliytened1 said:

There's a time for humor and there's a time for enlightenment.

For me they go hand in hand. Once you start to realize what a fucking joke all of your mental labels and stories are, you can recognize reality for what it is.

Why so serious?

3 hours ago, Dodo said:

Hang on, if I am God I am God, what is this talk about becomming? 

If God played an elaborate trick on itself to forget its God, I trust God on that! There must be a good reason for that. 

My experience tells me I am at most one of many avatars in the dream of God. 

Solipsism is a joke, it says I am the only one that exists and everyone else is figment of my imagination, but as a matter of fact, if this really is a dream of God, even I am a figment of God's imagnation, so its Zeropsism not solipsism.

because right now you are not in a state of conscious that you are God.   Everything is mind.  So if you actually shifted into a state of consciousness that you were God, you would be God.  It's just that right now you are in a state of consciousness that you are a human. But If you did, you would realize that you are completely alone.

Edited by Inliytened1

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

1 hour ago, Bazooka Jesus said:

For me they go hand in hand. Once you start to realize what a fucking joke all of your mental labels and stories are, you can recognize reality for what it is.

that's all conceptual, sure.   And it's fun.  But you will not laugh your way into enlightenment.   That's about uncovering the illusion for what it is.

Edited by Inliytened1

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

4 hours ago, Breakingthewall said:

Don't get upset with razard, he just needs to feel superior than you, like a wise teacher who teach a stupid kid 😅. He knows the whole non-duality thing by memory, and he regurgitates it here like a professor,

It takes one to know one.

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

2 hours ago, LastThursday said:

Solipsism is a phase, you'll get over it eventually.

Whatever "you" is, can just be without attaching a story to it.

You are dreaming everything.   There is nothing outside of what you are directly experiencing.  (Or dreaming)  Your parents and what you think they are doing right now are figments of your imagination.   It's just that's it's too shocking to entertain.  If it were true it would break this entire reality. And you can't have that.  "You" can't have that.

Edited by Inliytened1

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

8 minutes ago, Inliytened1 said:

There is nothing outside of what you are directly experiencing

I agree wholeheartedly. But calling it a dream makes no difference to me, in the same way as calling it solipsism makes no difference - I've entertained both and nothing broke. Neither label will "enlighten" me any further. The only shocking thing about the dream of solipsism is falling for its allure.

37 minutes ago, Inliytened1 said:

because right now you are not in a state of conscious that you are God.   Everything is mind.  So if you actually shifted into a state of consciousness that you were God, you would be God.  It's just that right now you are in a state of consciousness that you are a human. But If you did, you would realize that you are completely alone.

So you basically mean "Placebo" if you believe you're God you're God if you believe you're not God you're not God. 

In that case, it is not true that I am God. Truth is true whether I believe it or not. 

🌟

🌟  The  🌟 Logos 🌟

🌟

6 minutes ago, Dodo said:

So you basically mean "Placebo" if you believe you're God you're God if you believe you're not God you're not God. 

In that case, it is not true that I am God. Truth is true whether I believe it or not. 

I'm not talking about belief silly.   You've been here long enough.  So stop playing coy.  I remember you, and welcome back.  We are talking about mysticism.  Have an open mind to the possibility that reality is mystical. 

Edited by Inliytened1

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

3 hours ago, HMD said:

@Dodo I mentioned “unique expressions or forms of this singular consciousness”. Unique expression with unique problems and unique solutions. Ultimately it’s the expression of the same consciousness/Self, so in that respect, the Self is the only thing that can be known. 

Nice dodge... How come I know my rent as well, if the Self is the only thing that can be known? You don't know my rent, you are not conscious of my rent! How can you be the same consciousness if you are not conscious of the things I am? Either means consciousness is not you, or we are separate consciousness. 

🌟

🌟  The  🌟 Logos 🌟

🌟

11 minutes ago, LastThursday said:

I agree wholeheartedly. But calling it a dream makes no difference to me, in the same way as calling it solipsism makes no difference - I've entertained both and nothing broke. Neither label will "enlighten" me any further. The only shocking thing about the dream of solipsism is falling for its allure.

I don't personally like or need the word either.  But it's true.  And you just agreed.  Whether it makes no difference to you or not has nothing to do with whether it's true or not.

Edited by Inliytened1

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

13 minutes ago, Inliytened1 said:

And you just agreed.

I agreed that there is nothing outside of (my) direct experience - mostly because "outside" is meaningless in this context. However, that isn't solipsism. Is my experience one monolithic thing or many different things? Actually, it's not so easy to answer that. And what does "my" mean anyway? Do I own this experience, or am I somehow responsible for it? The word "my" presuposes that there is an entity separate from the experience itself.

Taking on solipsism means believing that experience is monolithic, and that a separate entity is experiencing it. But without those two things, solipsism fails.

Edited by LastThursday

7 hours ago, Inliytened1 said:

I agreed that there is nothing outside of (my) direct experience - mostly because "outside" is meaningless in this context. However, that isn't solipsism. Is my experience one monolithic thing or many different things? Actually, it's not so easy to answer that. And what does "my" mean anyway? Do I own this experience, or am I somehow responsible for it? The word "my" presuposes that there is an entity separate from the experience itself.

Taking on solipsism means believing that experience is monolithic, and that a separate entity is experiencing it. But without those two things, solipsism fails.

@LastThursday Yes, 'my' experience only exists because there is a consciousness identifying with a body, thus the posibility of saying 'My perceptions' can happen.

I think inligtened means that the difference between 'my' experience and 'your' experience is not real. And that means solipsism because it means there is only One Consciousnes/One energy 'alone' with itself. 

Edited by Javfly33

8 minutes ago, LastThursday said:

I think where the term solipsism comes in handy is not in what it means but in what it destroys.  It destroys the illusion.  The illusion is that there is an external world.  That there is an objective reality.   But what of that was subjective?  What if that external world was something being dreamt by Consciousness.  Wouldn't you wanna know?  And who is that Consciousness? What is it?  It's there right?  My God. 

Edited by Inliytened1

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

Just now, Inliytened1 said:

I think where the term solipsism comes in handy is not in what it means but in what it destroys.  It destroys the illusion.  The illusion is that there is an external world.  That there is an objective reality.   But what of that was subjective?  My God. 

you could say solipsism means the external world becomes also the internal world 🌝

5 minutes ago, Javfly33 said:

you could say solipsism means the external world becomes also the internal world 🌝

Exactly  

Edited by Inliytened1

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.