Bazooka Jesus

Floating

33 posts in this topic

I wonder if anyone on here can relate to this.

Couple of years ago I picked up the following line somewhere: "Being spiritually enlightened is like the 'normal' state, with the only difference that you're floating two centimeters above the ground". Leaving aside the validity of this poetic bon mot, this is pretty much how I feel at the moment when walking around. It feels a bit like walking on cotton wool; it's like the energy in and around me is taking on a kind of cloudy, airy and wavy quality... everything just feels less dense than it used to. Sometimes it's almost like walking under water. And no, I am not taking any funky substances at the moment. xD

Anyone else?

Why so serious?

Wow. I was just speaking to ChatGPT about a relationship issue I’ve been going through. I jokingly said, “Help, I’m in love and I can’t get up!”. And this is what it said:

Haha, Being in love can feel like you’re floating and falling at the same time. It’s like gravity’s been rewritten just for you…

“I once tried to explain existential dread to my toaster, but it just popped up and said, "Same."“ -Gemini AI

It definitely feels lighter, like a weight being lifted off your head. There is actually a noticeable and measurable difference in how the body uses energy, it becomes more efficient. Sleep becomes different as well. Incessant thought-creation uses up a lot of energy and strains your perception.

I literally had an experience happen where it felt like my body was gonna start floating lol. Sometimes energy gets high like that.

Overall, I think it's a natural consequence of being zoomed into the present moment. 

Edited by Osaid

"God is not a conclusion, it is a sudden revelation. When you see a rose it is not that you go through a logical solipsism, "This is a rose, and roses are beautiful, so this must be beautiful." The moment you see it, the head stops spinning thoughts. On the contrary, your heart starts beating faster. It is something totally different from the idea of truth." -Osho

@Yimpa

"Floating and falling at the same time"... wow. That's good. You could also say that it is like rising and falling at the same time.

Ain't nothing better than falling in love with existence itself. :D

@Osaid

Oh, I still have a very active monkey mind. I just don't let it bother me anymore, heh.

Why so serious?

If you've been doing yoga that might be the reason. Yoga works in the body and energies in certain ways to let you separate your true self from the chains of the body. So body doesn't feel like a budern so much anymore, there is a certain distance from it and a "lightweight" feeling to it because of this.

Some yoguis even say that you can get to a point of only feeling your spine and completely lose sense of the rest sensations of the body. So "using" your body for whatever is needed doesn't become anymore a hassle but a joy and effortless tool to use.

I think the word "enlightened" is something else. something for example like one of those guys in India who is sitting staring into space, drooling, his entire being a total openness to the essence of reality, to the limitless wild glory that existence is. a guy without any resistance, practically transparent, with almost nothing human, indifferent to life and death, incapable of articulating a structured thought, who would die of hunger if he was not fed. What we try is to have a 1% openness to be able to function as humans without falling into the neurosis of attachment to mental structures.  

May be with meditation and psychedelics we achieve fleeting openings that leave us with a big smile and get us used to being able to face naked existence without terror. 

Edited by Breakingthewall

5 hours ago, Breakingthewall said:

I think the word "enlightened" is something else. something for example like one of those guys in India who is sitting staring into space, drooling, his entire being a total openness to the essence of reality, to the limitless wild glory that existence is. a guy without any resistance, practically transparent, with almost nothing human, indifferent to life and death, incapable of articulating a structured thought, who would die of hunger if he was not fed.

Well, if that's your definition of enlightenment then I sure as heck hope that I'll NEVER get there. xD

Why so serious?

56 minutes ago, Bazooka Jesus said:

Well, if that's your definition of enlightenment then I sure as heck hope that I'll NEVER get there. xD

Are you able to understand the total beauty, the unimaginable wonder, that would be in that person? If so, you would want to be him. Human history is shit, a job we have to do and that's it. This is not escapism, it is like that. The reality behind human history is glory. Absolute wonder. Perfection. 

3 minutes ago, Breakingthewall said:

Are you able to understand the total beauty, the unimaginable wonder, that would be in that person?

Are you able to understand the total beauty, the unimaginable wonder that is your ilfe right now, as it is?

Why so serious?

6 hours ago, Breakingthewall said:

face naked existence without terror.

A bit extreme don't ya think. Lol

There is no beginning, there is no end. There is just Simply This. 

2 minutes ago, Bazooka Jesus said:

Are you able to understand the total beauty, the unimaginable wonder that is your ilfe right now, as it is?

If You think that, you don't understand what awakening is. Sorry to sound as the beloved leader 😅. 

Behind the layer of virtual reality in which we live, this hologram, is the depth of existence. It is something impossible to articulate. your openness to that is directly proportional to the abandon of the human. The human is a veil, the door. With a little openness you begin to perceive the total glory of existence, a total openness would kill you. mysticism is opening to that. 

8 minutes ago, Princess Arabia said:

A bit extreme don't ya think. Lol

it's just the reality. Fear is that keep us close to the reality. 

1 minute ago, Breakingthewall said:

it's just the reality. Fear is that keep us close to the reality. 

Now you're explaining fear. Terror is different from normal fear that keeps us alive. Everyone goes through fear, but not everyone, terror. Then again, isn't that relative. What's terror for someone might not be terror for another. But I do get what you're saying, though.

6 minutes ago, Breakingthewall said:

If You think that, you don't understand what awakening is. Sorry to sound as the beloved leader 😅. 

Behind the layer of virtual reality in which we live, this hologram, is the depth of existence. It is something impossible to articulate. your openness to that is directly proportional to the abandon of the human. The human is a veil, the door. With a little openness you begin to perceive the total glory of existence, a total openness would kill you. mysticism is opening to that. 

Why do you sometimes seem to be denying the human form. Life as it is. The duality of life. Seems like you're trying to escape from something and trying to reach someplace that's already here. That's what I get from a lot of your "interesting-to-read posts. This is just as magical as the unseen.

13 minutes ago, Breakingthewall said:

Behind the layer of virtual reality in which we live, this hologram, is the depth of existence. It is something impossible to articulate.

The depth of existence is right here. THIS right here is impossible to articulate, but it's not hidden somewhere behind the scenes; it stares you directly in the face, right on the surface.

Are you open to that? Or are you so busy chasing after the goddamn holy grail that you're missing it?

@Princess Arabia

Exactly. 😘

Edited by Bazooka Jesus

Why so serious?

3 minutes ago, Bazooka Jesus said:

The depth of existence is right here. THIS right here is impossible to articulate, but it's not hidden somewhere behind the scenes; it stares you directly in the face, right on the surface.

Are you open to that? Or are you so busy chasing after the goddamn holy grail that you're missing it?

@Princess Arabia

Exactly. 😘

Yes, it's magical how someone can type an emoji that symbolizes a kiss and made someone feel loved by a stupid emoji. That's magical. Even if it was a "middle finger emoji", it would still be magical even if you felt hated by that stupid middle finger.  

41 minutes ago, Bazooka Jesus said:

@Princess Arabia

Exactly. 😘

2 hours ago, Bazooka Jesus said:

What does you mean that it is here? Yes, obviously, where is it going to be?  I am not referring to places, but to levels of openness of your being. Maybe you don't understand what I'm talking about.  

Do you understand why a drooling guy from India who doesn't distinct life from death is more open to the wonder of reality than you, or don't you understand? The guy from India is just an example, obviously. I am trying to explain what mysticism is, what the human experience is and how it is a veil to the source of reality, to glory. It is obvious to anyone who experiences real openness

Edited by Breakingthewall

29 minutes ago, Princess Arabia said:

The duality of life. Seems like you're trying to escape from something and trying to reach someplace

No, just that I experience what are called mystical states on a regular basis, so I know what mystical states are, and it's something I look for, to increase its depth . I understand how to look for them and what is an obstacle to doing so, so I clean the lens constantly. It is not the search for something imaginary, it is reality.

Just now, Breakingthewall said:

No, just that I experience what are called mystical states on a regular basis, so I know what mystical states are, and it's something I look for, to increase its depth . I understand how to look for them and what is an obstacle to doing so, so I clean the lens constantly. It is not the search for something imaginary, it is reality.

Ok, thanks for the clarification. Misunderstanding on my part.😇

Colors get brighter.
Energy feels less dense.
Things have less weight on you, in you.

These things I experience.

You sound like you are closer to stabilizing what some call the 'white light reality'. Which i've experienced but didn't stabilise in. If you want closer to that, go from being grateful, and living joyfully to infinite love. 

Edited by BlueOak