Ima Freeman

Reconciling chemical toxicity and the idealistic paradigm

12 posts in this topic

Hello,

I recently started to chelate heavy metals again, and oh how relentless the side effects are :S

The materialism of heavy metal chelation and the idealism of Leo's teachings bugged me for a while.
Leo's philosophy is idealistic, but the notion of heavy metal ions causing oxidativ stress in the body is a materialistic one.
He talks about both.

How do I explain symptoms of brain and gut inflammation, tinnitus, metallic taste and emotional disturbances from taking chelators (DMPS, ALA, cilantro juice), if  there are no material mechanisms like atoms, in this case heavy metal ions, behind life?

I seriously used the law of attraction for half a year to get to a point of great health - but it didn't work.

How do the more conscious of you explain heavy metals?

Thanks in advance for any answers.

6 hours ago, Ima Freeman said:

How do I explain symptoms of brain and gut inflammation, tinnitus, metallic taste and emotional disturbances from taking chelators (DMPS, ALA, cilantro juice), if  there are no material mechanisms like atoms, in this case heavy metal ions, behind life?

It’s not contradictory at all.

Life is what God imagines it to be. God (you) imagines a brain, chelators, heavy metals, symptoms, atoms, Leo’s advice, a forum, etc. And so it is.

14 hours ago, aurum said:

It’s not contradictory at all.

Life is what God imagines it to be. God (you) imagines a brain, chelators, heavy metals, symptoms, atoms, Leo’s advice, a forum, etc. And so it is.

What would be a more adequate way of framing toxicity if atomism is not real? 
Demons, bad energies, unconsciousness?

Edited by Ima Freeman

From an idealist perspective, the "physical world", including atoms, the body and the brain, are transpersonal mind states ("outside" the individual self) that seem to correlate with personal mind states ("inside" the individual self). 

For example, you can't read my thoughts right now, because they are my personal thoughts. But my thoughts seem to correlate with what is happening to my body, and other people can see my body, hence it's transpersonal.

And all of it; my personal mind, your personal mind, our bodies; occur within a transpersonal "Mind". Why? Because all of it is fundamentally experiential and fundamentally one thing; one big "Mind". What materialists believe is that experiential states arise from some invisible things outside the experiential realm (matter or physical entities) that themselves are not mind.

So to apply this to your chelation example: chemical toxicity is a transpersonal experiential phenomena that seems to affect your personal mind, making you think and feel a certain way, and all of it occurs within transpersonal Mind. From this perspective, "the physical world" (atoms, chemicals, etc.) is just a way to talk about some types of transpersonal mind states.

I recommend watching Bernardo Kastrup's videos if you have trouble reconciling science with idealism. He certainly helped me a lot, and I see myself in you.

Edited by Carl-Richard

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

6 hours ago, UnbornTao said:

How does an enlightened master make an omelette?

By putting eggs into a hot pan

Chelation therapies are dangerous, because all the products used (with the exception of emeramide) bind heavy metals reversibly.
So unless you do the therapy very carefully (including getting up several times during the night to take your ALA DMSA DMSO etc) you will have regular release of heavy metals into the bloodstream before they have time to be evacuated through the kidneys.

Lol, these therapies are useless unless you have mercury poisoning.
Vonderplanitz explains that some raw fats can do clean chelation, but I don't know if that's just quackery.

If you dont understand, you're not twisted enough.

6 hours ago, Schizophonia said:

Chelation therapies are dangerous, because all the products used (with the exception of emeramide) bind heavy metals reversibly.
So unless you do the therapy very carefully (including getting up several times during the night to take your ALA DMSA DMSO etc) you will have regular release of heavy metals into the bloodstream before they have time to be evacuated through the kidneys.

Lol, these therapies are useless unless you have mercury poisoning.
Vonderplanitz explains that some raw fats can do clean chelation, but I don't know if that's just quackery.

DMSO is not a chelator as far as I know. Did you mean DMPS?

Even with the Cutler protocol, using 5mg DMPS, I have strong side effects, but one has to use, what one has.

I might try emeramide in the future, but I want to use it in a frequent dosing ACC kind of way

3 minutes ago, Ima Freeman said:

DMSO is not a chelator as far as I know. 

It acted a bit like a chelator, not very significant but enough to have been a fashionable "detoxification" product.
If you're ready to smell strong lol.
I don't know how people consume it, because it's still a solvent...
Maybe a small amount diluted in water, I guess.

wouldn't pickup and all the other personal development stuff be materialist philosophy too, then?

include and transcend.

Edited by Oppositionless

9 hours ago, Oppositionless said:

wouldn't pickup and all the other personal development stuff be materialist philosophy too, then?

include and transcend.

Everyone doesn't have the patience to become monk and do meditation/yoga all day long.

I would become monk, but not now.