StarStruck

My insights after raising my income

13 posts in this topic

Last year I focused on increasing my income and I’m earning considerably more by not working more. And I discovered that my lifestyle didn’t change that much. I already have the car I wanted. I could already afford the foods and drinks, hobby’s and fun stuff I do. The only thing I still lack is a house but those have become very expensive and I could only buy with a mortgage. The only thing I do with the extra money is reinvest or spend more on dates. This made me thinking, all that time I was living with a poor man’s mindset (while I was not poor) and it was not only keeping my in an artificial place, it also took away from me enjoying the moment called life. The present moment doesn’t change if you become abundant or not. It is just that your perception of the moment changes. If you have the things you desire or not, one should enjoy the journey of life in the moment because on your death bed you will see the truth of the rat race and be disappointed about the derping (if you are lazy) and mindlessly executing (if you are a workaholic). 

@StarStruck

This is a great insight to have! Most of us get it backward where we think 'im going to make money and then do what I want', but they dont really think about what they actually want to do and what can be done right now. It could be everything you enjoy doing is well within your means but because we consume content on instagram we know really want to drop 5k on a holiday to Bali. Maybe just going for a walk at the local park every couple days is what you really enjoy and its practically free. 

@Consept with more money quality of life get's better but exponentially to a lesser degree. Greatest richness is youthfulness and time. 

8 hours ago, StarStruck said:

Last year I focused on increasing my income and I’m earning considerably more by not working more. And I discovered that my lifestyle didn’t change that much. I already have the car I wanted. I could already afford the foods and drinks, hobby’s and fun stuff I do. The only thing I still lack is a house but those have become very expensive and I could only buy with a mortgage. The only thing I do with the extra money is reinvest or spend more on dates. This made me thinking, all that time I was living with a poor man’s mindset (while I was not poor) and it was not only keeping my in an artificial place, it also took away from me enjoying the moment called life. The present moment doesn’t change if you become abundant or not. It is just that your perception of the moment changes. If you have the things you desire or not, one should enjoy the journey of life in the moment because on your death bed you will see the truth of the rat race and be disappointed about the derping (if you are lazy) and mindlessly executing (if you are a workaholic). 

Nice insight. 

6 hours ago, Consept said:

Maybe just going for a walk at the local park every couple days is what you really enjoy and its practically free. 

?

6 hours ago, StarStruck said:

@Consept with more money quality of life get's better but exponentially to a lesser degree. Greatest richness is youthfulness and time. 

Remember that study they did like a decade ago, NYU or the times or something like that, after like 70k the happiness to income ratio aren't in alignment anymore and one works more where happiness doesn't really increase much. 

God is giving us a chance to do nothing. No desire for ownership. Food taken care of shelter taken care of. Nothing to do but contemplate.

Spend time healing and doing nothing. Its what all striving is for, on earth. Survive so you can do nothing and awaken.

Edited by Hojo

6 hours ago, Hojo said:

God is giving us a chance to do nothing. No desire for ownership. Food taken care of shelter taken care of. Nothing to do but contemplate.

Spend time healing and doing nothing. Its what all striving is for, on earth. Survive so you can do nothing and awaken.

will one just be surviving or have a little more to do something fun or have a nice meal, eat good food? How does one have shelter and food taken care of if not working?

18 hours ago, StarStruck said:

Yes. I know youthfulness is the most precious thing ever. 

22 hours ago, StarStruck said:

True words. Instead of using the money to improve your lifestyle, you can use it to earn more time and find a work that fits your passion. If you are satisfied and passionate about the current job, you can focus spending money on more experiences. Most of the experiences are cheap ( good food, movies, games, online and offline social networks, books, interesting videos, local travelling,test driving new cars ( but not wanting to own them), exercise, meditation etc.) but if you have more money ( only when you have it, not when you desire it), you can spend more on experiences like world travel, buying vr devices, adventure activities etc. If you are open minded, there are limitless possibilities to experience life. The key thing is not to have fixed beliefs of what I like or don't like  without experiencing it firsthand.

@Fountainbleu you must work just spend all your free time contemplating god. Even while working remind yourself of god all day. Focus on the space between things when not having to focus. And awaken slowly. Nothing exists and you can find it and become it.

Edited by Hojo

19 hours ago, Hojo said:

@Fountainbleu you must work just spend all your free time contemplating god. Even while working remind yourself of god all day. Focus on the space between things when not having to focus. And awaken slowly. Nothing exists and you can find it and become it.

Thanks! You think I can do it while doing a online marketing (copywriting,...) job? :) 

On 10/9/2023 at 1:36 PM, Hojo said:

Also I just feel space now. The outside feels like the inside. "Contemplating god" seems dualistic. In this i state I describe i see no difference. So what's the difference with working and contemplating god. Just feel space all the time no matter what doing.