Leo Gura

New War In Israel / Gaza

7,527 posts in this topic

4 minutes ago, Nivsch said:

But this war's goal is to eliminate hamas completely. This will necessarily take so much more time than the oct 7th attack. Then of course the damage will be far higher.

A good analogy here is if I was hunting rats with dynamite. And my goal was to completely elimate all the rats in your city.

Edited by Leo Gura

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@Danioover9000 If you want to engage productively stop posturing and virtue signaling - literally no one cares. Everyone has emotions and feelings around this topic so I dont see how thats engage or contradicts anything that was said.

44 minutes ago, Danioover9000 said:

are facts that are subservient to biases and preferences and worldviews of any one ego.

So many new and novel things being said there, good job. "you are biased, therefore I won't directly engage with anything that was said" - a very intelligent and productive way to argue.

All of your points are stupid, because it can be used for both sides. I taught you werent in favour of relativising the morality of both sides.

Waiting for another of your schizo-rants.

Edited by zurew

On 2/12/2024 at 1:10 PM, Revolutionary Think said:

Same. He never even mentions October 7th and how Hamas's goal is world wide Jewish genocide. Isreal also doesn't deliberately target civilians but, Hamas definitely does. 

Tell that to Leo gura. All we know is what the media provides=propaganda

• Feminist 

5 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

A good analogy here is if I was hunting rats with dynamite. And my goal was to completely elimate all the rats in your city.

Please Provide a "theoretical" solution. Attacking the reaction/response doesn't help others understand from a higher perspective. 

• Feminist 

8 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Do you have a better way?

You can not bomb, but then your soldiers will fall like cards and in many thousands until the elimination of hamas will be completed (years).

Edited by Nivsch

🌻 Stage Yellow emerges when Green starts to have tolerance and respect to the variety of views within HIMSELF. Israelis here? Let me know!

@Thought Art Israelis dont want to live there except of 5% far right wingers.

We have built a fence in billions not in order to conquer Gaza after that. This doesnt make sense.

Edited by Nivsch

🌻 Stage Yellow emerges when Green starts to have tolerance and respect to the variety of views within HIMSELF. Israelis here? Let me know!

9 minutes ago, MAHAVATAR_-_BABAJI said:

Please Provide a "theoretical" solution.

There simply isn't a way to elimate every rat in a city. That objective fails to understand the nature of the beast.

Imagine if you made it your goal to kill every rat in your city? You would drive yourself and everyone insane. Rats must be managed, not eliminated.

Edited by Leo Gura

1 minute ago, Thought Art said:

@Nivsch I am not convinced it’s only a 5%, I think the numbers are larger. But, I’m only just figuring this out. I ask patience from you all. I am trying to see it unbiased and accurately which, I likely will fail at. 

Its ok 🙌 I appreciate your approach. All good. The talking about setteling in Gaza are really an extreme margins for all I can estimate as an Israeli citizen listening to our media and conversations.

30 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

If you compare the absolute numbers of civilians killed, the IDF numbers are insane next to Oct 7th. Not to mention the property damage.

23 minutes ago, Nivsch said:

But this war's goal is to eliminate hamas completely. This will necessarily take so much more time than the oct 7th attack. Then of course the damage will be far higher.

Bro is so focused on the goal that the collateral damage of a whole city and thousands of innocent lives don’t even matter, he just looks the other way. 

3 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

There simply isn't a way to elimate every rat in a city. That objective fails to understand the nature of the beast.

Imagine if you made it your goal to kill every rat in your city? You would drive yourself and everyone insane. Rats must be managed, not eliminated.

At least to eliminate enough of them to the level they can no longer dominate in the area and will agree to release our hostages I believe this is a real accelerating factor to all of this war's character.

13 minutes ago, Nivsch said:

Do you have a better way?

You can not bomb, but then your soldiers will fall like cards and in many thousands until the elimination of hamas will be completed (years).

If there’s isn’t a better way to to kill all the rats in the city, bomb the whole city, this is your logic?? Or the logic of your leaders?

Just now, Yousif said:

Bro is so focused on the goal that the collateral damage of a whole city and thousands of innocent lives don’t even matter, he just looks the other way. 

This is a goal that has tried to be avoided so many time during the last 2 decades and tried to be managed in every way possible.

this is a pure example of human selfishness and bias, as long as we are safe, fuck everyone else around us.

I don’t really know how I would be able to go on living knowing I ruthlessly selfish/ biased/ vicious, and inhumane, i guess that explains why people ignore the facts as if they don’t exist.

There is an ancient Chinese saying:

Don't use cannon to kill mosquito.

6 minutes ago, Yousif said:

this is a pure example of human selfishness and bias, as long as we are safe, fuck everyone else around us.

I don’t really know how I would be able to go on living knowing I ruthlessly selfish/ biased/ vicious, and inhumane, i guess that explains why people ignore the facts as if they don’t exist.

This is how it seems when you don't understand Israel's long accumulated traumas and the fact that the existential threat for Israel frpm Iran's proxies is real and we have to take the other side's intentions seriously.

Edited by Nivsch

3 minutes ago, Yousif said:

Fell free to suggest something different than eliminating Hamas

3 minutes ago, Nivsch said:

This is a goal that has tried to be avoided so many time during the last 2 decades and tried to be managed in every way possible.

You speak as if things are out of your hand, I understand that you can not control what your government do and how the people feel, but I’m speaking to you personally, do you support what your government is doing?? Do you really think this was is the right course of action and it couldn’t be avoided? I personally would feel ashamed if my country and my people choose to eradicate a whole country out of fear, I wouldn’t spend a minute of this forum trying to convince everyone that we’re the good guys and they’re the bad guys.

1 minute ago, Thought Art said:

@Yousif Maybe, but safety and health is the most valuable thing humans have. When a group like Hamas kills thousands, and then the leader of Palestine shows support of the actions… 

It’s not clear to me, what a proper response to that is. Humans lives are valuable on both ends. Hamas killed many innocent. Now, Israel is killing more innocent, to kill Hamas for killing the innocent. 

Why did Hamas kill innocent Israeli? What is the history here?

So you’re telling me when Justin Trudeau supports a Canadian terrorist group, it’s okay for the us to bomb you and your family??! 

I’m not defending hamas or the president of Palestine, I just want you to know before supporting any side that you’re supporting the killing of innocent people, the more you support the more innocent lives die because you wanna feel safe. 

7 minutes ago, Nivsch said:

This is how it seems when you don't understand Israel's long accumulated traumas and the fact the existential threat is real and we have to take the other side's intentions seriously.

When you’re traumatized, the best course of action is not to lash out, you’re supposed to be grounded, go have a therapy session or do some psychedelics, I heard they help with trauma, don’t take it out on people who had nothing to do with it, you will only make things worse that way.

@Yousif The sum damage could definitely be lower. But the casualities I think not.

I do not support the exaggerated material damage. 

But again you must see the equation from both sides what you refuses to do.