StarStruck

Do life problems disappear after awakening?

47 posts in this topic

10 hours ago, Breakingthewall said:

ucky Vikings, who died with the sword in their hands, and not with the tubes in their mouths

Atleast we don't have to remain half dead in the battlefield with pain for hours!

7 hours ago, StarStruck said:

He talks about that too. His spirituality is very practical and scientific. No need to waste time following other people who are circle jerking each other to infinity.. I always recommend him to newcomers to spirituality.

I can understand why you are impressed with him. He even helped me cure a disease, but what I am saying is that see his ideas with an open mind. I don't remember what he said in his book, but I felt he was using science excessively and sometimes illogically due to that, to strengthen his claims.

On 10/6/2023 at 4:02 PM, StarStruck said:

Or do problems always exist no matter what? From what I see even the most enlightened people have issues, and they are often worse than your regular Joe, having frequent manias and worse.

Well, enlightenment doesn't cure bipolar disorder, if that's what you're asking, but it may encourage the person to properly medicate.

Also, "problems" are in the mind of the beholder.  A lot of people have "fake" problems -- in other words, they stem from ego attachments/aversions and trying to control what's not under their control.  They refuse to let go of the egoic agenda.  This is the essence of "suffering."

What enlightenment does is give you the opportunity to decondition these attachments, which -- unlike some people think -- have nothing to do with "survival."  It's not like enlightenment completely obliterates the primitive brain and you simply no longer care whether you starve, or die of thirst, or whether you're attacked and murdered, etc.

That would be an idiotic kind of "rational" coping mechanism, not enlightenment (which integrates the higher and the primitive functions)

"Survival" doesn't mean you need a million followers on social media, or to become a multimillionaire or anything like that, and then if you don't get that you feel like you're dying.  A lot of people exaggerate what "survival" means.

So if you're asking "why bother?" it's because the stupid ego-created "problems" are an enormous drain on one's life.

The psychological part of problems will disapear .. but the physical problem will remain.. you still need to fix it somehow. 

1 minute ago, Fadl said:

The psychological part of problems will disapear .. but the physical problem will remain.. you still need to fix it somehow. 

Nah, the psychological problems still exist. You just learn to love the hell out of it

And thank you for the reminder. I do need to see a doctor soon for my physical. 

Edited by Yimpa

“I once tried to explain existential dread to my toaster, but it just popped up and said, "Same."“ -Gemini AI

23 hours ago, Yimpa said:

Nah, the psychological problems still exist. You just learn to love the hell out of it

Lol only you could turn a post about spirituality into a reminder to go see your Doctor!!! You are definitely a comedian. Love reading your posts.

You are a selfless LACK OF APPEARANCE, that CONSTRUCTS AN APPEARANCE. But that appearance can disappear and reappear and we call that change, we call it time, we call it space, we call it distance, we call distinctness, we call it other. But notice...this appearance, is a SELF. A SELF IS A CONSTRUCTION!!! 

So if you want to know the TRUTH OF THE CONSTRUCTION. Just deconstruct the construction!!!! No point in playing these mind games!!! No point in creating needless complexity!!! The truth of what you are is a BLANK!!!! A selfless awareness....then that means there is NO OTHER, and everything you have ever perceived was JUST AN APPEARANCE, A MIRAGE, AN ILLUSION, IMAGINARY. 

Everything that appears....appears out of a lack of appearance/void/no-thing, non-sense (can't be sensed because there is nothing to sense). That is what you are, and what arises...is made of that. So nonexistence, arises/creates existence. And thus everything is solved.

Enlightenment won't get you out of debt, cure cancer or prevent your wife from leaving you. It isn't an achievement. BUT, maybe your experience gets recontextualized, and you are able to detach yourself from them. As an analogy, you may recognize yourself as an actor in a play.

Edited by UnbornTao

On 11/10/2023 at 1:31 AM, Yimpa said:

Valid point.

Healing and enlightenment are different pursuits. They can complement each other but each has a different purpose.