Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Hardkill

Democratic pundits are bedwetting over Biden's chances of beating Trump again

12 posts in this topic

Several Democratic pundits have been sounding the alarm over the possibility of Biden losing to Trump in 2024. James Carville, even recently said that according to all of the polls he has looked at, Trump at this point is currently the betting the favorite because too many Americans still feel that Biden is too old. He said "“The voters don’t want this, and that’s in poll after poll after poll.”  “You can’t look at what you look at and not feel some apprehension here.” Carville is worried that there may be lack of voter enthusiasm for Biden if he runs for re-election, which could very well lead to low Democratic voter turnout next year, thereby causing not only Biden to lose to Trump, but leading to the Democrats losing the congressional elections in the 2024 general election. 

Bill Maher has said that Biden definitely will lose to Trump in 2024. Although, I usually take what Maher with a big grain of salt, especially after his extremely pessimistic prediction on the 2022 midterms turned out to be incorrect. 

https://www.nytimes.com/2023/09/17/us/politics/biden-democrats-voter-concerns.html

Cenk is still desperately trying to convince people that Biden will definitely lose to Trump in a landslide and therefore should drop out. He's urging Democrats to nominate a corporate Democrat in their prime with great appeal like Josh Shapiro, Andy Bashear, Gavin Newsom, or Gretchen Whitmer for president.

I get the worry about all of this and I am still very worried about the Trump and the Republicans possibly winning in 2024, but at the same time, it's crazy to think that Biden, who already beat Trump last time, would not be able to beat him again, especially after everything thing Trump did and the unbelievable amount of indictments he's already had. Not to mention, the fact that the Republican Party had already lost the 2018 midterms, lost the 2020 general election, lost the 2022 midterms overall. Moreover, what about the fact that the Republican party have still been losing an extraordinary amount of special elections since 2022 because of the massive backlash from voters who are still angry about the overturning of Roe vs. Wade and are still terrified of the Republican party's extreme right-wing authoritarian rhetoric and policies? Plus, How about the fact that Baby Boomers and members of the Silent Generation combined made up only about 44% of the electorate in 2020, which was below the 52% of the electorate they constituted in 2016 and 2018? They say that 2024 election will potentially be the very first time that younger voters will outnumber Baby Boomer voters. 

Of course, there is no guarantee that Biden and the Dems will win in 2024, but how can any Democrat say that Trump has a greater chance of beating Biden than vice versa? 

They shouldn't even be running Biden again, nor Kamala. Kamala is unelectable and Biden is senile. Surely they are intelligent enough to see this.  Personally I'm fine with that, because unlike most here I believe the leftists are the big threat in the 21st century, at least the faction of them that is in charge right now pushing unchecked immigration, unlimited money printing, not wanting to punish anyone for non violent crimes, along with pushing "equity" in the schools systems and society at large, giving unqualified individuals passing grades and jobs they shouldn't be doing.  Natural law dictates these policies are going to cause societal decay. Still, advice to democrats... don't run Biden or Kamala if you want to win.  Bottom line, society's problems are a human nature problem. No easy fix outside genetic engineering.

Edited by sholomar

It's a hairy situation. Get your popcorn ready.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Like Trump is done, well-done, so well steamed-cooked the meat comes off the bones by itself.

America is insane, but I don't think as insane as to vote him into the office again. 

Funny thing is, I think his chances are super low mainly not because of all the charges, but because he is a sore loser. People don't like voting for losers. Biden has the bonus of being a decent human and the winner of the last election.

Edited by Girzo

55 minutes ago, Girzo said:

America is insane, but I don't think as insane as to vote him into the office again. 

Hold our beer.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

I still don’t see how Trump can win when Biden has the incumbent advantage if he lost when he had the incumbent advantage.

Cenk says the incumbency is a disadvantage, but rarely does a President not get a second term. Also he says the incumbency is a disadvantage because they can attack you on your administration, but Trump also had an administration, he can be attacked based on it just as much.

Just because most of the country doesn’t think he’ll make it through the second term, doesn’t mean they won’t vote for him, they can still prefer a democrat in office.

His approval being low is only relevant to how it compares to Trump, and afaik Trump’s is even worse.

I also don’t know why Cenk is pushing Gavin Newsom, he would get destroyed, he is deeply hated outside of solid blue states.

I also think Cenk is overreacting about how a Trump second term would be. The President can’t just imprison people based on nothing, at least not for long. They don’t have such unilateral power unless they put in some sort of martial rule, but I doubt he would have the support to do that even if he wins.

Edited by Raze

President Biden is only 3 1/2 years older than Mr Trump, and when you factor in lifestyle, Biden may actually have more years ahead of him than Mr T.

Mr Trump has also shown signs of significant cognitive decline recently. He confused Jeb Bush with George W. Bush for example and there have been many others.

So, voting for Trump over Biden because of age has no logic if you ask me. Honestly, they should have both retired years ago, but I will admit that Biden has exceeded my expectations of him so far in his first term.

Trump is most likely going to end up in prison before elections. You can run for president from prison, but it's not going to work out and he is not going to win.

They should run Robert Kennedy, Jr.  But the primary system is rigged against anyone not approved by the party bosses.  It is not a democratic system and they deserve to lose.   With Nancy Pelosi voting until her death in her 90s, the US government is turning into a nursing home.  A sign of a decaying system controlled by big doners and not the people.  In a vigorous, healthy democracy you would have literally dozens or maybe hundreds of highly qualified candidates in their 40s.  

Vincit omnia Veritas.

56 minutes ago, Jodistrict said:

They should run Robert Kennedy, Jr.  But the primary system is rigged against anyone not approved by the party bosses.  It is not a democratic system and they deserve to lose.   With Nancy Pelosi voting until her death in her 90s, the US government is turning into a nursing home.  A sign of a decaying system controlled by big doners and not the people.  In a vigorous, healthy democracy you would have literally dozens or maybe hundreds of highly qualified candidates in their 40s.  

Can't agree more. This is why only time can solve our issues. A lot of old folks have to simply die so that they can take their bullshit belief systems with them. 

On 10/1/2023 at 6:42 AM, Leo Gura said:

It's a hairy situation. Get your popcorn ready.

Then do you think that it might be for Biden to step aside and allow a new young and strong candidate such as Gretchen Whitmer, Gavin Newsom, Josh Shapiro, or Wes Moore to run as the Democratic nominee for president to save our country instead of having the whole country on pin on needles?

(sigh).....what would Obama do?

Edited by Hardkill