Satish574

Question on breathing during 5 meo trip.

13 posts in this topic

35 years old. Will be doing my first 5 meo trip tomorrow, going to try 5mg plugged. I've been reading up on it for a year  now and have finally gathered courage to do it and my close buddy will be my trip sitter. Have had three very good mushroom trips before this and no other psychedelic experience.

I understand I need to let go and surrender. Having never experienced an ego death before, not sure how I am going to react but will try my best to surrender. My question is regarding breathing. When the heart rate starts increasing and when the breathing becomes difficult as many have pointed out,  should I just let go and not worry about breathing or should I ensure that I put effort on breathing ? 

Leave it up to God.

“I once tried to explain existential dread to my toaster, but it just popped up and said, "Same."“ -Gemini AI

As @Yimpa said in a poetic way, let the breath take care of it self. When tensions and resistances are provoked the body starts performing different automatic stuff in order to purify the system in a intelligent and wise way. Allow allow allow. Allow even resistance to be there ?

4 minutes ago, Giulio Bevilacqua said:

Allow allow allow. Allow even resistance to be there ?

Absolutely. There will be times to reach out for help, and other times when you can handle it all on your own. God shows you what you’re ready for and what you are not. 

There are valuable lessons to learn in any case.

“I once tried to explain existential dread to my toaster, but it just popped up and said, "Same."“ -Gemini AI

5-MeO does not increase heart rate or reduce breathing on me.

I think the issue is simply that people panic and overreact psychologically.

You can learn to trip on 5-MeO very calmly. The best thing to do is just to relax very deep and don't panic. It's key to learn to calm yourself down if the trip gets very intense. Most people would panic at that point.

Edited by Leo Gura

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@Leo Gura Mind is tricky-tricky. I thought I was panicking like a maniac, but trip sitter saw me as a still as a mummy.

I assumed my heart rate was through the roof, yet others told me it was within normal range.

As you mature, the inverse occurs ;)

Edited by Yimpa

I have had better mental game for psychedelics when I was doing them often than I have now.

It's a skill you kind of lose if you don't trip often.

Like tripping twice a year, you will never learn to properly direct your mind during the trip. You have to do a three months of tripping every two weeks at least to get skilled at controlling your trips and be well-accustomed to tripping.

1 hour ago, Girzo said:

I have had better mental game for psychedelics when I was doing them often than I have now.

It's a skill you kind of lose if you don't trip often.

Like tripping twice a year, you will never learn to properly direct your mind during the trip. You have to do a three months of tripping every two weeks at least to get skilled at controlling your trips and be well-accustomed to tripping.

i think the biggest part is just getting accustomed to mental states that are out of your control, we kind of know how to manipulate our sober mental states a bit but with psychedelics you just need more time getting used to that uncertainty.

3 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

It's key to learn to calm yourself down if the trip gets very intense.

@Leo Gura From your experiences, do you have any pointers on how to do that (other than conscious relaxation/focussing on the breath)?

18 minutes ago, cle103 said:

@Leo Gura From your experiences, do you have any pointers on how to do that (other than conscious relaxation/focussing on the breath)?

You gotta learn to talk yourself down and reassure yourself.

Positive vs negative thinking.

Edited by Leo Gura

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@Leo Gura Got it! Haven't been tripping in over a year and currently chickening around it... some of those experiences were a bit hairy. 

Two attempts of plugging didn't work. First attempt with 5mg and then 10mg. the 2nd time, maybe felt a slight headspace but not sure if it was because of hunger or the 5 meo. Will try unsufflating.

@Satish574 5-10 mg is a low dose for many people . Plugging could work if you raise the dose

And put in 3 cm in for best absorption 

Edited by OBEler