KatiesKarma

People who deny the Bible either did not read or understand it or both

106 posts in this topic

@Leo Gura Good job on transcending your consciousness Leo. That's one of my goals in life is to learn more about consciousness in life. I've learned a little bit about it, but definitely not to the extent that you have. You can definitely see that a lot of people don't know much about how consciousness works. Thank you for what you do man, I really appreciate it. 

"Reality is a Love Simulator"-Leo Gura

3 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Yes. I've considered it more than all of you have. Which is why I transcended into alien consciousness and none of you even knows what that is.

Alien Conscioussness...

Different question, are you happy and fulfilled?

6 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Which is why I transcended into alien consciousness and none of you even knows what that is.

flexing in spiritual community:

4 minutes ago, KatiesKarma said:

Different question, are you happy and fulfilled?

flirt in spiritual community:

No one told you to hate Jesus. Many of us love Jesus we just see that what he was saying is to NOT worship him. He specifically said do not worship me worship God. You worship Jesus you are putting him ahead of you thats not what Jesus wanted. That's not how you find God. He wanted you to put yourself ahead of him so you can be with God. Putting Jesus ahead of yourself is a trap you are blocking direct access to God by doing this. Jesus' words are true he was just an ascended master telling us how to find God. 

Edited by Hojo

Just now, Hojo said:

No one told you to hate Jesus. Many of us love Jesus we just see that what he was saying is to NOT worship him. He specifically said do not worship me worship God. You worship Jesus you are putting him ahead of you thats not what Jesus wanted. He wanted you to put yourself ahead of him so you can be with God. Putting Jesus ahead of yourself is a trap. 

John 10:30-38

"I and the Father are one.”

John 2

I do not write to you because you do not know the truth, but because you do know it and because no lie comes from the truth.

Who is the liar? It is the man who denies that Jesus is the Christ. Such a man is the antichrist--he denies the Father and the Son.

No one who denies the Son has the Father; whoever acknowledges the Son has the Father also.

See that what you have heard from the beginning remains in you. If it does, you also will remain in the Son and in the Father.

And this is what he promised us--even eternal life.

I would rather worship Jesus than myself...

2 minutes ago, KatiesKarma said:

"I and the Father are one.”

So basically Jesus was saying the same thing that Leo and other people here are saying "I am God".

That makes me think that ironically, they are closer to the core of what Jesus taught than christians are.

1 minute ago, Something Funny said:

So basically Jesus was saying the same thing that Leo and other people here are saying "I am God".

That makes me think that ironically, they are closer to the core of what Jesus taught than christians are.

No you are twisting scripture how you want it to be. Jesus just says that HE is one with God. Not you.

Full chapter:

30 I and the Father are one.”

31 Again his Jewish opponents picked up stones to stone him, 32 but Jesus said to them, “I have shown you many good works from the Father. For which of these do you stone me?”

33 “We are not stoning you for any good work,” they replied, “but for blasphemy, because you, a mere man, claim to be God.”

34 Jesus answered them, “Is it not written in your Law, ‘I have said you are “gods”’[a]? 35 If he called them ‘gods,’ to whom the word of God came—and Scripture cannot be set aside— 36 what about the one whom the Father set apart as his very own and sent into the world? Why then do you accuse me of blasphemy because I said, ‘I am God’s Son’? 37 Do not believe me unless I do the works of my Father. 38 But if I do them, even though you do not believe me, believe the works, that you may know and understand that the Father is in me, and I in the Father.”

Here is an explanation to it in case anyone cares after all

https://www.bibleref.com/John/10/John-10-38.html

@KatiesKarma hating Jesus is denying it says nothing about worshipping 

25 When Peter entered, Cornelius met him, fell at his feet, and worshiped him.
26 But Peter helped him up and said, “Stand up! I myself am also a man.” 

Revelation 19

10 Then I [John] fell at his feet to worship him, but he said to me, “Don’t do that! I am a fellow slave with you and your brothers who have the testimony about Jesus. Worship God, because the testimony about Jesus is the spirit of prophecy.” 

10 Then Jesus told him, “Go away, Satan! For it is written: Worship (proskyneō) the Lord your God, and serve only Him.” Matthew 

https://apologika.blogspot.com/2014/02/where-does-jesus-say-i-am-not-god-stop.html

You are going against Jesus teachings by worshipping as anything but a man

Edited by Hojo

17 minutes ago, KatiesKarma said:

No you are twisting scripture how you want it to be. Jesus just says that HE is one with God. Not you.

How do you know that ypu are not twisting the scripture the way you want it to be? 

How do you know that those bibleref guys are not twisting the scripture the way they want it to be?

How do you know that the original meaning of his words wasn't lost in translation over 2000 years?

How do you know that it was interpreted correctly when it was first heard? After all, if you believe the above paragraphs, he said it during the stoning. It must have been quite a public freakout with lots of people arguing and shouting.

Adding to the point above, how do you know that Jesus didn't believe that other people are also one with god? Maybe he just didn't mention it at the moment. "I am one with the God" and "you are one with the god" are not mutually exclusive statements.

Finally, how do you know that this John guy is trustworthy and isn't twisting Jesuses words the way he wants them to be? It doesn't say "Jesus 10:30", it says "John 10:30"

Edited by Something Funny

Whatever brings you to a place of well being just celebrate that it has.

In Christian teaching that place of well being is expressed as heaven which is not a place of judgement, it is a place of love, grace and forgiveness. Judgement is not in heaven, it's in hell.

The bible teaches that love is the greatest, so if you have judgement of others, then contemplate whether you have the kingdom of God within you.

Luke 17:20-21

Some of the Pharisees asked Jesus, “When will the kingdom of God come?”

Jesus answered, “God’s kingdom is coming, but not in a way that you will be able to see with your eyes. People will not say, ‘Look, here it is!’ or, ‘There it is!’ because God’s kingdom is within you.”

I don't claim to know what is in your heart, but this is just something to consider.

23 minutes ago, Hojo said:

@KatiesKarma hating Jesus is denying it says nothing about worshipping 

25 When Peter entered, Cornelius met him, fell at his feet, and worshiped him.
26 But Peter helped him up and said, “Stand up! I myself am also a man.” 

Revelation 19

10 Then I [John] fell at his feet to worship him, but he said to me, “Don’t do that! I am a fellow slave with you and your brothers who have the testimony about Jesus. Worship God, because the testimony about Jesus is the spirit of prophecy.” 

10 Then Jesus told him, “Go away, Satan! For it is written: Worship (proskyneō) the Lord your God, and serve only Him.” Matthew 

https://apologika.blogspot.com/2014/02/where-does-jesus-say-i-am-not-god-stop.html

You are going against Jesus teachings by worshipping as anything but a man

When quoting from the Bible, always give the name of the book and the entire context. If you just cherry pick phrases that you see fit you will be able to see literally anything in scripture.

See answering all of your doubts would take me a while, if you are truly interested talk to a priest about it.

How do you know that ypu are not twisting the scripture the way you want it to be? 

I ask God to reveal his intentions to me

How do you know that those bibleref guys are not twisting the scripture the way they want it to be?

Many do, that is why so many confessions exist. People twist the word. That is why one should read it and then talk to others, especially priests, about it.

How do you know that the original meaning of his words wasn't lost in translation over 2000 years?

God protected the word from being twisted

How do you know that it was interpreted correctly when it was first heard? After all, if you believe the above paragraphs, he said it during the stoning. It must have been quite a public freakout with lots of people arguing and shouting.

24 minutes ago, Something Funny said:

Adding to the point above, how do you know that Jesus didn't believe that other people are also one with god? Maybe he just didn't mention it at the moment. "I am one with the God" and "you are one with the god" are not mutually exclusive statements.

Finally, how do you know that this John guy is trustworthy and isn't twisting Jesuses words the way he wants them to be? It doesn't say "Jesus 10:30", it says "John 10:30"

1. By the power of the Holy Spirit it was interpreted according to God's Will
2. If this were true, Jesus would have mentioned it at least like 20 times word for word, i.e. "Not only am I one with God, but so are you"
3. see 1.

25 minutes ago, SOUL said:

Whatever brings you to a place of well being just celebrate that it has.

In Christian teaching that place of well being is expressed as heaven which is not a place of judgement, it is a place of love, grace and forgiveness. Judgement is not in heaven, it's in hell.

The bible teaches that love is the greatest, so if you have judgement of others, then contemplate whether you have the kingdom of God within you.

I don't claim to know what is in your heart, but this is just something to consider.

I know that the Kingdom of God is indeed within. Luke 17:21 Neither shall they say, Lo here! or, lo there! for, behold, the kingdom of God is within you.

I already feel like I am in Heaven. (well, a weak version of it maybe, but still paradise)

However, there is also a literal physical Heaven, the New Jerusalem, that will come down to Earth.

This golden city will be the size of Germany times 15. It's huge.

the father and I are one. That means God and I are one. That means you and God are 1. You are I

I am is the eye of god that witnesses the universe. Your awareness is the eye of god. you dont exist you are your awareness talking to itself and it makes up a character as a disassociation tactic.  you are literally the background of reality talking to itself. and so am I

Edited by Hojo

18 minutes ago, Hojo said:

the father and I are one. That means God and I are one. That means you and God are 1. You are I

I am is the eye of god that witnesses the universe. Your awareness is the eye of god. you dont exist you are your awareness talking to itself and it makes up a character as a disassociation tactic.  you are literally the background of reality talking to itself. and so am I

You took it out of context

Fine let's roll with it. You are now God, what do you do with this immense power and responsibility?

Edited by KatiesKarma

@KatiesKarma you are just supposed to be a good person as good as you can. people back then didnt know how to be good and jesus was just telling them how

Edited by Hojo

Just now, Hojo said:

@KatiesKarma you are just supposed to be a good person as good as you can

And that is what the Bible is all about brothers and sisters

5 hours ago, Water by the River said:

@KatiesKarma yea but dont worship jesus was the point. it stops you from living life. he died so you can do whatever you want. he come down as a get out hell free card

Edited by Hojo

8 minutes ago, Hojo said:

@KatiesKarma yea but dont worship jesus was the point. it stops you from living life. he died so you can do whatever you want. he come down as a get out hell free card

If you seriously think this, go and seriously study Christianity. I think Leo has blog posts on how to study something properly.

10 minutes ago, Hojo said:

@KatiesKarma you are just supposed to be a good person as good as you can

And that is what the Bible is all about brothers and sisters

@Leo Gura using this forum on the phone is terrible

5 hours ago, Water by the River said:

Edited by KatiesKarma