PurpleTree

Best way to have a “healing” experience with MDMA?

10 posts in this topic

Any success stories/ideas?

Are there any videos/meditations you like to listen to?

A special kind of inquiry?

or just take it and let it do its “thing”?

I know in they successfully use mdma therapy to treat trauma in soldiers.

Not sure how they do it though. Probably just take it and talk about the traumatic experiences with the therapist.

Just set your intentions to discover what exactly your trauma is then use the intensity of the self acceptance you feel on the MDMA to give you confidence in dissolving the boundary between these two parts of your self that are divided because of such trauma. Because that's all your doing when your healing, your rejoicing the parts of yourself that were whole prior to being broken by the trauma.

The first step is acknowledgment of exactly what the trauma is.

15 minutes ago, Francis777 said:

The first step is acknowledgment of exactly what the trauma is.

While on mdma or before?

i think some of my traumas are fear of being disliked, rejected, abandoned

fear or not being good enough etc

50 minutes ago, PurpleTree said:

While on mdma or before?

could do both. I think its better if you know what the problem is going into the experience, however if your not sure then go into with the intention to find out, when your in such an open state that mdma puts you in, some clear answers should come up from just being in that space.

Edited by Francis777

For marital strain, both partners would talk and cry together.

For PTSD and sex abuse, people can really explore the event and fear is surpressed. The traumatic event loses its power.

For inner child stuff maybe look at your childhood photos or explore past memories.

2 hours ago, Soul Flight said:

For marital strain, both partners would talk and cry together.

For PTSD and sex abuse, people can really explore the event and fear is surpressed. The traumatic event loses its power.

For inner child stuff maybe look at your childhood photos or explore past memories.

Solid advice.

13 hours ago, Francis777 said:

Because that's all your doing when your healing, your rejoicing the parts of yourself that were whole prior to being broken by the trauma.

Yes. Although that doesn't usually happen in one go. Putting parts back together is like zipping up a zipper, their division becomes more and more superficial the more you heal. In my experience at least.

13 hours ago, PurpleTree said:

While on mdma or before?

On mdma, it's quite easy to access answers like where these fears originated.

If you set an intention to find out where they came from, I think you'll have a good experience.

Some questions that can be helpful during the trip:

1. As I feel this, how old do I feel?
  2. When I was that age, what could have happened that made me feel this?

@PurpleTree have a good trip brother. Hope you let us know!

Learn to resolve trauma. Together.

Testimonials thread: www.actualized.org/forum/topic/82672-experience-collection-childhood-aware-life-purpose-coaching/

Relive in your mind what you fear and infuse it with love, rewiring your own memories by association and love. Your mind is fluid and if you call back in you fear, while in a loving fearless state (that's how mdma feels for me) then your own brain will be rewired by the state you are feeling, taking out the strong negative emotional association and diluting it with the emotional chemistry state you find yourself in. Like putting milk into your coffee. In some point you will break the sound speed needed and from there on you will be able to keep infusing love into it while on the sober state.

Self Love is the key. Feel and love, whatever it is, as it is, be with it, love it again and again, love it to death, stare it to death, push yourself, you really need to break the wall with your love and get beyond your limits, breaking free from your prison into and endless pool of self-love and acceptance for eternity.

This approach has worked for me. It's not a one session solution but is a root solution that really gets the job done. Inside and outside substance work is required but inside work will be truly remarkable and efficient.

Some vipassana understanding would also help to make it more holistic and relieve trauma from the body. Yet nothing is more powerful than love but it will give more insight tools to work with. Hope you the best and feel confident that you will make it work! Lots of love

Don't make it fancy in the beginning. Only thing you need to know is the letting go technique which is simple. If you are intellectual like me, you won't get to the core which is the body. Trauma is stored in the body, not the mind. You need to do is focus on the bodily sensations. I recommend you listen to the video during your trip.

Letting go tech in short:

Step 1: Feel the feeling and avoid the thoughts

Allow yourself to "have the feeling without resisting it, venting it, fearing it, condemning it, or moralizing about it." I used to think the goal was to be aware of the feeling and then do the work to "address" it. Whether it's telling myself I shouldn't be feeling that way, or trying to ignore it altogether, I would often miss this important first step to just feel the feeling. I now realize that resisting the feeling is what keeps it going. A nuanced, yet important element is to focus on the feeling itself, not the thoughts that the feelings generated.

For example, if I was feeling indignant about a comment made during a meeting, I should accept that I'm feeling indignant and focus on how that feels. Am I breathing in a more shallow way? Am I clenching my jaw? What I want to avoid ruminating about are the thoughts that easily follow my feelings, "What did she mean by that? I bet she is making me look bad, so she can get that promotion." Thoughts arise when you try to explain or rationalize your inner feelings. Just because your thoughts are believable, it doesn't make them true.

Summary: Accept that you're annoyed and focus on how annoyance shows up for you. Resist the urge to think about what's causing your annoyance and other people's intentions.

Step 2: Stay with the feeling and let it run its course without taking action

As you continue to feel the feeling, other emotions may arise about how the situation is going. Keep the same process and allow those feelings to arise. Don't dismiss the feeling or put it aside. Stay with it. Keep asking yourself what's happening in the present moment (reality) as opposed to what the other person's intentions were (blind speculation). The gamechanger for me was to realize that emotions are like balloons filled with air. If you keep letting the air out by feeling the feeling, it'll eventually run out of air. If you suppress the feeling, it's like blowing air into the balloon until it one day pops. Sometimes letting go of one feeling causes another one to arise. Repeat the process of letting go of subsequent negative feelings. For example, as the feeling of being indignant passes and my jaw unclenches, I begin to feel frustrated in the form of pressure in my sternum and shallow breathing. Continue to focus on the feeling as opposed to thinking about why you're frustrated ("I'm going to let this person get away with bad behavior.")

Feeling, thinking, and acting are different even though they are tightly related. Feeling leads to thinking and acting. Thinking can lead to feelings and actions. Actions can lead to feelings and thinking. To let a feeling run its course, feel without thinking or taking action. Just observe. You may want to be curious about what positive outcome the feeling is creating for you. For example, feeling indignant may garner sympathy for others or justify your unruly behavior.

Summary: Feel your annoyance without expressing your annoyance. If you have to think, figure out what benefit this feeling might be giving you.

Step 3: Express positive feelings and surrender negative ones

In most cases, you may not need to take action at all, but if you wanted to act in a situation where you're feeling a negative emotion, consider the opposing positive emotion and act in accordance with that emotion. For example, if I'm feeling indignant about the situation, my most likely behavior is to challenge the people or the ideas that are being brought up. Instead, if I allow the emotion to pass, I can consider the opposing positive emotion of indignant, which is content. If I were content, I might act to support what was being said, as opposed to undermining it. Not only have I let go of being indignant, but I have also let go of my resistance to being content. When we hold on to negative emotions, we don't realize that we're crowding out the positive ones that we want to fill our lives. Let the surrendering of a negative emotion remind you of the positive emotion you could be expressing.

To let go means allowing ourselves to experience the feeling without changing it even if the feeling is not a positive one. Don't deny what's there. When you accept that you have both positive and negative emotions, you began to accept not only your own humanness but those of others. Our willingness to face down our own jealousy knowing that it will pass helps us have compassion for those around us who may feel passing jealousy and are dealing with it at the moment. It's the feeling that we repress or suppress, that we "punish" others for. Not because they should be punished, but that's how we signal that we are holding down this emotion within us. Be curious about the feelings that you have trouble surrendering. What positive outcome does that feeling create for you?

https://www.embracepossibility.com/blog/how-to-actually-let-go/

Edited by StarStruck

Thx for your input guys i think it went mostly fine, i‘ll do it again in some weeks/months though and come back to this topic.

hope some other people can also get something out of this thread.

On 28.9.2023 at 2:51 PM, flowboy said:

@PurpleTree have a good trip brother. Hope you let us know!

Thx bruv