Caoimhin

financial independance before life purpose

7 posts in this topic

I'm desperate. I need a better income that will support the lifestyle I desire. I'm starting to give up on life purpose for now and just want to focus on building up my finances so at some point I can return to my passions. I currently work as a driver for Amazon; it is the worst job I've worked in my life, i'm exhausted all the time and barely get enough money to justify the time and energy sink. I'm getting more and more depressed. I can't work on life purpose to the extent that is needed. it's slave labor with zero benefits and worse is that my passion is dying. I'm 27 and live at my mom's. I have such low self esteem because of my situation that dating and relationships isn't even worth trying. I'm spiraling downward fast and though I try to resist it, suicidal thoughts are becoming more vivid and appealing. I'm really losing hope. My question is what industies have the least barriers to entry, the easiest/cheapest/fastest skill sets to aquire, the most remote and independant options, and provide most freedom? I don't just want money to be lazy, on the contrary, I want the freedom to invest back into my self and my growth so i can offer more to the world.

Get a job at a restaurant or any job that you're friends can get you. You're never going to find your life purpose when you're miserable so just get out of your current situation and then you can reassess. Don't be picky, just try something else out, anything that you can get your hands on. Visualize yourself leaving that job and then make it a reality. 

Any skilled trade is good. Not only will you learn a valuable skill and meet new people regularly.  But you'll eventually be able to start your own business. Also for both Amazon or trades, you should be able to listen to audible all day, or some kind of educational content on YouTube. Also see if you can prioritize what you desire,  maybe it's not as expensive as you think.

The regular stuff, waiter, security, working in a factory, store clerk, uber driver, customer support.

But why not go the other way? Learn a valuable skill that is aligned with your Life Purpose and start at the lowest position possible.

You might not have money but you'll acquire skills and also be happier because you are on your path.

On 27/09/2023 at 5:41 PM, Migue Lonas said:

Get a sales job, it will make you much more money and it will also improve your social skills massively.

This.

Sales is one of the paths where you can make a lot of money without education, and people will happily keep hiring you if you do it well, no matter your background.

But you have to educate yourself on it, read books on it and practice.

Get a gig where you earn a high bonus on a big ticket item, not some stupid street sales/fundraiser gig. Although those would even be better than driving around for Amazon, probably.

Edited by flowboy

Learn to resolve trauma. Together.

Testimonials thread: www.actualized.org/forum/topic/82672-experience-collection-childhood-aware-life-purpose-coaching/