Sabth

I wanna live in Egypt.

16 posts in this topic

That's my life purpose. For a few years. Or more. For the experience. I think that would be fun. I like to live in other country. And when I'm back, I can go back to my home. 

4 hours ago, integration journey said:

Isn’t there a dictator ruling Egypt currently  ?

Idk. 

3 hours ago, Phil King said:

You can probably find some answers by typing "How can I move to Egypt from (INSERT CURRENT COUNTRY OF RESIDENCE)" into google

I mean, like, how can I even work in Egypt? Do I have to find work there? In order to live there? Im not even a student/studying there..

I'll try that. 

Edited by Sabth

13 minutes ago, josemar said:

Where tf do you live if you see Egypt as an upgrade, Somalia?

It's not an upgrade but just for fun. I think it would be fun to explore Egypt for a while. It has also a sentimental value. Other than that, it has the four season. That's an upgrade!

Hi Sabth, i moved to Egypt 2 years ago so i can leave the hellish life of Syria, so i can offer some feedback, Am not sure where you are from, but of you are from the west i suggest you certain places to move to like 5th settlement in new Cairo zamalek "well am talking Cairo here" is filled with westerns too but its supper expensive (these places have tons of English speaking insiders and outsiders) also outside of Cairo, dahab is great, for work there is a lots of work opportunists here if you speak Arabic  sometime you only need English, and the best thing to do here to own a business since you wont make much money being an employee unless you have a niche skill that is in demand, working online is great idea too if you know what you are doing

Egypt has so much in it like its insanely big both extremes of wealth of poverty and many extremes, Egyptians are extremely nice people but every country have its scammers criminals etc so please stay safe do so much research on the places you wanna visit talk to many people from your own country that been there.

well your decision could be an amazing experience as there is a lots to see here but be-careful dont give your trust to people easily  this is the middle east

i spend a lots of time walking and talking to people in all of cairo almost every city of it
if i can help you with any other question you have feel free to let me know ill check this thread later

@Phil King   yeah but always asking real humans is much better xD

29 minutes ago, Nabd said:

Do not move to Egypt. It is clearly going to collapse in a couple of years and there will be a huge wave of millions of refugees, even now the country is experiencing electricity problems and crime rates and corruption are high.

How about living for a few months? Or even just one month? 

23 hours ago, Ash55 said:

Hi Sabth, i moved to Egypt 2 years ago so i can leave the hellish life of Syria, so i can offer some feedback, Am not sure where you are from, but of you are from the west i suggest you certain places to move to like 5th settlement in new Cairo zamalek "well am talking Cairo here" is filled with westerns too but its supper expensive (these places have tons of English speaking insiders and outsiders) also outside of Cairo, dahab is great, for work there is a lots of work opportunists here if you speak Arabic  sometime you only need English, and the best thing to do here to own a business since you wont make much money being an employee unless you have a niche skill that is in demand, working online is great idea too if you know what you are doing

Egypt has so much in it like its insanely big both extremes of wealth of poverty and many extremes, Egyptians are extremely nice people but every country have its scammers criminals etc so please stay safe do so much research on the places you wanna visit talk to many people from your own country that been there.

well your decision could be an amazing experience as there is a lots to see here but be-careful dont give your trust to people easily  this is the middle east

i spend a lots of time walking and talking to people in all of cairo almost every city of it
if i can help you with any other question you have feel free to let me know ill check this thread later

@Phil King   yeah but always asking real humans is much better xD

Where do you live in Egypt? What about Mansoura? 

Where is the best place in Egypt to be the turning point. A place where you return to after every other trip around Egypt? Like going to Aswan, Luxor, Alex , etc where should be the place where you can put your belongings? Is it Cairo? Or any other places

@Sabth Absolutely don't move there unless you are living in Iraq,, Egypt is going from bad to worse these days.

50 minutes ago, Sabth said:

I'm pretty bored with my country tbh. 

Where are you from?

1 hour ago, Sabth said:

I'm pretty bored with my country tbh. 

you can visit this country for a while like maybe 3 months, but indeed this country is not the most stable one and its getting worse here

4 hours ago, Sabth said:

How about living for a few months? Or even just one month? 

yeah it would be an amazing experience but you need a bit of money too.
not really a county where you have a future in it

4 hours ago, Sabth said:

Where do you live in Egypt? What about Mansoura? 

i dont know much about it but its probably a more conservative place
i live in 10th of Ramadan close to cairo

4 hours ago, Sabth said:

Where is the best place in Egypt to be the turning point. A place where you return to after every other trip around Egypt? Like going to Aswan, Luxor, Alex , etc where should be the place where you can put your belongings? Is it Cairo? Or any other places

lol you can put them in any of that cities but like if its cairo you can go to new cairo for ex
if its dahab well most of it Aswan, Luxor i wouldn't really stay there for long
you can get a hotel or airbnb too instead of rent
don't come here alone it not the best country for female solo travel really xD
and pick one city like dahab and stick to it since it gonna take you half a day to go from dahab to Cairo its pretty unrealistic to have your stuff  to have your belongings in one place and you are in another. also if you wanna have a short trip dont take too much stuff

Okay, not sure if you have travel experience before or not if you dont have, dont make Egypt your first adventure lol it could be tough for you
if you are not very good at finance learn more about it because gonna make huge difference, travel is really expensive so you need to minimize that expense a much as possible