Zedman

Russell Brand is being accused of rape

681 posts in this topic

6 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

@Jodistrict How do you explain Russell's own texts apologizing to the allegedly raped girl the next day?

I percieved it has him apologising for not wearing a condom (either due to him lying and saying he had put one on and for her to find out afterwards that he hadnt and storming off, or him taking it off halfway through)

However, both of these are still classified as rape.

It appears that celebrities are 'guilty until proven innocent' 

Edited by Seed

2 minutes ago, Seed said:

I percieved it has him apologising for not wearing a condom

That's not what the apology sounded like. It sounded like he was apologizing for being forceful with her.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

20 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

@Jodistrict How do you explain Russell's own texts apologizing to the allegedly raped girl the next day?

But she wasn't really raped (I watched the documentary)

They had a sexual relationship going and already had sex multiple times. It was just this time he went too hard on her (too masculine mode) and she got scared, after which he stopped being sexy with her and let her go home easily (as she requested)

Edited by Hello from Russia

9 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

That's not what the apology sounded like. It sounded like he was apologizing for being forceful with her.

There is a whole stream of texts where she is talking about him not wearing a condom and how 'no means no'... the doc didnt show the whole thread. The times article has more detail.

@Leo Gura I personally think that they agreed to have sex, she realised he wasnt wearing a condom middway, asked him to stop but he continued until ejaculation, which obviously still counts as rape and explains the condom bit. 

Him saying 'that was crazy and selfish' and her saying 'do I need to get checked' sounds like a dispute over the lack of condom, but I also agree force and therfore rape was involved. 

They don't even talk about rape

They use the term "Sexual assult" which is a bit different

"Sexual assault happens when someone touches another person in a sexual manner without their consent. Or when someone makes another person take part in a sexual activity with them without that person's consent."

I feel like it's all gonna be a definition's game and where our culture will decide to draw the line on this

The sad part is many people don't like him as he is a very flashy polarizing persona and people are gonna be very biased

13 minutes ago, Hello from Russia said:

It was just this time he went too hard on her (too masculine mode)

Your framing of 'going too masculine mode' sounds like trying to get away with a  sexual act without get your partner's consent. Its like saying "as long as she doesn't say no, I can try out all my fetishes and fantasies on her and I don't need to ask beforehand whether she is okay with it or not"

Why would you try to go hard on your partner without talking about beforehand (and actually getting her consent) if she is okay with it or not?

2 minutes ago, zurew said:

Your framing of 'going too masculine mode' sounds like trying to get away with a  sexual act without get your partner's consent. Its like saying "as long as she doesn't say no, I can try out all my fetishes and fantasies on her and I don't need to ask beforehand whether she is okay with it or not"

Why would you try to go hard on your partner without talking about beforehand (and actually getting her consent) if she is okay with it or not?

But it is the other way around actually. Society expects men to take initiative in all this stuff and take responsibility for making things happen sexually

If you ask like this every time it's a huge turn off for women, that's the whole problem

Just now, Hello from Russia said:

But it is the other way around actually. Society expects men to take initiative in all this stuff and take responsibility for making things happen sexually

If you ask like this every time it's a huge turn off for women, that's the whole problem

Are you male?

There is no beginning, there is no end. There is just Simply This. 

2 minutes ago, Hello from Russia said:

Society expects men to take initiative in all this stuff and take responsibility for making things happen sexually

Thats true that society expects men to take initiative, but that does not mean, that you shouldn't go out of your way to make sure there is a clear consent , especially in cases where you want to try out new ways of having sex.

How do you know that it is a turn off for women? - How can you rule out cases , where she didn't want to fuck you in the firstplace regardless of you asking your question to her?

Also even if we take it for granted that it could be a turnoff for women, why would you  try to risk it - Just to have sex one time? The potential cons for both parties are huge.

2 minutes ago, zurew said:

How do you know that it is a turn off for women

Its not. That's why I asked gender. Sounds like a male's perspective. The whole tone. 

Edited by Princess Arabia

6 minutes ago, zurew said:

How do you know that it is a turn off for women? - How can you rule out cases , where she didn't want to fuck you in the firstplace regardless of you asking your question to her?

Because I had plenty of experience women telling me "no" in a cheeky way but at the same time they wanted to fuck, they just wanted me to be a bit more seducing/charming with them consciously

If you say it is always a rape if you keep pursuing a woman after she said "no" one time we can say 90% of sex is rape

There is so much more nuance to this and people try to make it black and white, which won't work

2 minutes ago, Hello from Russia said:

Because I had plenty of experience women telling me "no" in a cheeky way but at the same time they wanted to fuck, they just wanted me to be a bit more seducing/charming with them consciously

If you say it is always a rape if you keep pursuing a woman after she said "no" one time we can say 90% of sex is rape

There is so much more nuance to this and people try to make it black and white, which won't work

Your profile Pic looks so feminine, I thought you were female, just realized you were male. But I kind of started to sense that from the way you were commenting. No biggie, it just threw me off.

13 minutes ago, Princess Arabia said:

Your profile Pic looks so feminine, I thought you were female, just realized you were male. But I kind of started to sense that from the way you were commenting. No biggie, it just threw me off.

Yeah, I am a man B|

:ph34r::ph34r:

9 minutes ago, Hello from Russia said:

Thats not an answer to my question though. I asked how do you know that verbally asking for her consent is a high likely or a necessary turnoff and you replied with sometimes they say "no" when in reality they don't really mean no.

Also, again why risk it? The downside is you not having sex, but the cons are so much worse.

13 minutes ago, Hello from Russia said:

You can talk about cnc (Consensual Non-consent) type of fetish, but in that case you have to talk with your partner beforehand whether she is into it or not - you don't go steam ahead assuming it, without her consent.

Just now, Hello from Russia said:

Yeah, I am a man B|

:ph34r::ph34r:

?

Just for fun after this Brand stuff I go out of my way to ask for consent from my girlfriend for everything right now

She thinks I am a silly goose for doing that and laughs hard

8 minutes ago, Hello from Russia said:

Just for fun after this Brand stuff I go out of my way to ask for consent from my girlfriend for everything right now

She thinks I am a silly goose for doing that and laughs hard

Even in the submissive/domination world, the submissives are giving permission to the doms to dominate them. You won't k keep asking everytime nor do you need to ask your already gf and sometimes it's how you ask that matters. Non-verbal cues can be present. Its not so much about verbal asking especially if its someone new.

Edited by Princess Arabia

@zurew Yeah, I am part of a lot of kink stuff as well

It's just funny how consentual non consent stuff is on a huge rise right now in kink communities (though consent is key of course) 

I feel like we as a society have a big shadow towards non consent and this is how it's played out in various ways

I also think it usually matters to be asking for consent in the beginning stages of your relationship and then it's kinda intuitive and you don't have to ask fot consent everytime you want to have sex like a silly goose. You just go for it, seducing your partner, and if he isn't really in a mood for this he pushes back. Then you don't proceed, just like Russell didn't proceed

Societal expectations are rather excessive here and ruin the courtship

I don't like Russell, but this whole thing looks like money extortion or just a personal vendetta from somebody. I might be wrong though, we need more details