Zedman

Russell Brand is being accused of rape

681 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, Leo Gura said:

That's a good point.

I always assumed it would be more traumatizing if rape was from a stranger, but I'm not a girl so I don't know.

Thank you for saying that. And yes, you don't know, even though every woman is different in how they process being raped. 

There is no beginning, there is no end. There is just Simply This. 

5 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

He didn't mask it, he legit matured and developed a lot.

He wasn't into spirituality back during his raping years. He was a heroin addict.

Considering how bad he used to be, I'd say he made a good recovery. Assuming he stopped the raping.

You're already convicting the guy. How about using the word "alleged".

@Leo Gura Good point; I felt that on a personal level to a certain degree.

I’ve never been a heroine addict, so I couldn’t comprehend how that would amplify preexisting mental issues he has.

I just looked him up on Wikipedia… we both have ADHD. Interesting!

In any case, society is not mature enough to let people off the hook when it comes to serious crimes…. Unless you’re someone in power who specifically maintains and benefits the current structure.

“I once tried to explain existential dread to my toaster, but it just popped up and said, "Same."“ -Gemini AI

1 minute ago, Sidra khan said:

Both matters 

Who did? REALLY matters

How it was done? REALLY matters

Yes, that's true but it still depends on the perspective of the victim. 

?

What's funny.

5 minutes ago, Princess Arabia said:

You're already convicting the guy. How about using the word "alleged".

When you’ve personally embodied the experience of hurting others long enough, you’ll begin to empathize and understand their situation a lot deeper.

Jesus Christ is prime example. There’s a very good reason he was hanging around with “sus” people.

It sounds foolish and dangerous, but only from the perspective of someone who believes that they are above criminals.

Edited by Yimpa

“I once tried to explain existential dread to my toaster, but it just popped up and said, "Same."“ -Gemini AI

2 minutes ago, Yimpa said:

society is not mature enough to let people off the hook when it comes to serious crimes….

There is nothing mature about letting a rapist off the hook.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

1 minute ago, Leo Gura said:

There is nothing mature about letting a rapist off the hook.

?

Well, you got me there. As someone who has no personal experience with sexual intercourse, I can’t speak authoritatively about rape or sex.

The interconnections of the Mind run deep :D

3 minutes ago, Sidra khan said:

He finally agreed with you and you thanked him, isn't that funny?  Why would you thank someone if someone agree with your opinion? That's dangerous when you feel the need to be proven right.

I wasn't thanking him for agreeing with me, I was thanking him for acknowledging that it's hard to understand being raped from a woman's perspective. That's all prissy poo.

The mature thing for Russell Brand to do is surrender.

3 minutes ago, Sidra khan said:

I agree with you ?

Notice I didnt say thank you for agreeing with me, nor did I just say thank you. I said thank you for saying that. Keen observation is the key to making distinctions.

Edited by Princess Arabia

It’s amazing to consider that everything Russell Brand has been projecting about the system is identical to his own psyche. 

But let’s not deviate into spiritual territory to much and go back to talking about rape (which is a serious issue).

Edited by Yimpa

Science and the pursuit of knowledge is the pursuit of being right. Why? So you can use said knowledge for personal and collective gain.

Edited by Razard86

You are a selfless LACK OF APPEARANCE, that CONSTRUCTS AN APPEARANCE. But that appearance can disappear and reappear and we call that change, we call it time, we call it space, we call it distance, we call distinctness, we call it other. But notice...this appearance, is a SELF. A SELF IS A CONSTRUCTION!!! 

So if you want to know the TRUTH OF THE CONSTRUCTION. Just deconstruct the construction!!!! No point in playing these mind games!!! No point in creating needless complexity!!! The truth of what you are is a BLANK!!!! A selfless awareness....then that means there is NO OTHER, and everything you have ever perceived was JUST AN APPEARANCE, A MIRAGE, AN ILLUSION, IMAGINARY. 

Everything that appears....appears out of a lack of appearance/void/no-thing, non-sense (can't be sensed because there is nothing to sense). That is what you are, and what arises...is made of that. So nonexistence, arises/creates existence. And thus everything is solved.

Just now, Yimpa said:

It’s amazing to consider that everything Russell Brand has been projecting about the system is identical to his own psyche. 

Nothing amazing about that as we cannot see anything beyond our own States of Consciousness. You can tell a lot about a person's psyche by the way they argue. 

I don't wanna go off topic but can someone please explain why women can have sex and then retroactively say it wasn't consensual? That's not how anything in life works, why would rape work that way? 

5 minutes ago, Princess Arabia said:

Nothing amazing about that as we cannot see anything beyond our own States of Consciousness. You can tell a lot about a person's psyche by the way they argue. 

The way you perceive someone is mutually dependent on your state of consciousness. 

There is a mature and an immature way to discuss rape and other serious topics that cause dysfunction in our society. (Not a black and white way to see it, but in a spectrum… but also black and white depending on context lol)

Which direction would you prefer society to go?

Edited by Yimpa

No the real thing is you felt thankful.

It's my nature. I'm very aware of the gifts being presented to me as I'm very open-minded and receptive to the Universe. The mind is what I have to watch for it's trickiness and self-deception. Thanks to Leo for making me aware of that. So, any opportunity I get to relate my thankfulness I will do so. 

13 minutes ago, Butters said:

I don't wanna go off topic but can someone please explain why women can have sex and then retroactively say it wasn't consensual? That's not how anything in life works, why would rape work that way? 

because they may consent and then the guy takes off the condom halfway through, forces them into a position they are uncomfortable with or finds that they feel sick and want to stop. So they are allowed to say ‘no more I want to stop cause of X Y Z, and then if the person continues then it’s rape 

Edited by Seed