jdc7733

No amount of psychedelics causes infinity.

11 posts in this topic

There is still a boarder. You do not experience everything, you just experience something different. 

@jdc7733 Well, maybe there are types of infinity or degrees of infinity. Not all infinity are made equal. 

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

24 minutes ago, jdc7733 said:

@Thought Art how can there be more than one infinity?

Kinda like how you can have tens of thousands of different McDonald’s. All at different locations and with different workers. Yet they’re all McDonald’s.

“I once tried to explain existential dread to my toaster, but it just popped up and said, "Same."“ -Gemini AI

@jdc7733 What I’ve experienced so far is phenomenon of imperceptible size, such that it could very well be finite, but I’m not aware of where its limits lie.  In these states, the duality between nothingness and somethingness collapses and these things become metaphysically identical.  Obviously, these states are very strange and difficult to describe using ordinary language.

One time, I experienced a different but related state where the very properties of size and quantity either ceased to exist completely or just became unintelligible.

I know from my intuition and other’s reports that psychedelic experiences can be much stronger and stranger than this.  So I can’t see why someone in principle couldn’t have a truly infinite experience.

However, your post does raise the tricky metaphysical question of how someone could actually know if their experience was infinite.  Can infinity be cleanly distinguished from finitude?  Could a finite experience merely seem infinite?  Or would an experience of infinity be tautologically self-evident in a way that I can’t understand from my current perspective?  Maybe the real answer is that whatever it is we’re actually dealing with here lies so far beyond the understandable meaning of these terms that the distinction becomes irrelevant.

3 hours ago, jdc7733 said:

how can there be more than one infinity?

because its infinity. A basic example is the set of all countable numbers vs the set of all real numbers. The set of all countable numbers (0, 1, 2, 3, 4, ....) is infinite but countable. Where do you even start counting for all the real numbers (0.0001, 0.000001, 0.000-infinite string of zeroes- 1)

8 hours ago, jdc7733 said:

There is still a boarder.

When you are experiencing absolute infinity, all borders and boundaries dissolve.

@bmcnicho I forgot to mention I haven’t tried dmt so I might not be using the right psychedelics. I’ve experienced being in completely different lives and having no body.

I’ve experienced the room looking much larger and more complicated than what it did before or like an optical illusion.

I suppose before schizophrenia and after schizophrenia my experience got a lot stranger and it could get even more strange.

I’ll come back to your last point when the synapse between my 2 last brain cells is excited enough.

1 minute ago, acidgoofy said:

It is not that one simply experiences infinity, one has to become the Infinite.

Is there a free trial to become the Infinite? I ain’t buying til I try it out first! 

“I once tried to explain existential dread to my toaster, but it just popped up and said, "Same."“ -Gemini AI

In all seriousness, to become Infinite is to accept all of yourself. The price to admission IS yourself.

On 10/9/2023 at 2:42 AM, jdc7733 said:

There is still a boarder.

In your dreams ha! (Literally?)

The experience of something pertains to nothing, like music happening in the context of silence. Boarders are an experience of something which pertains to this silent “no-thingness” that cannot have boundaries because that is something. 

Silence is the only way to really get this.