archi

what is the ultimate health?

11 posts in this topic

As I am getting wiser I have observed in me and others how the health deteriorates. I slipped over past year on health and I have created vision.
I cannot get of some health issues but I can potentially get to the peak where I was :). Many people around me are suffering from various things and even being dead.

What is your opinion on health or peak health ? What attributes would you look for?

It seems to me quite relative, like a machine that is running until it does not. Health peaks without some maintenance somewhere around 25-30yo but then it goes down from that point.

Some signs of ultimate health that I look for:

1. No need for coffee/caffeine/stimulants to feel energized throughout the day.

2. Sleeping soundly throughout the night with no issues falling asleep.

3. Being at ease (devoid of disease) without any any chronic conditions related to metabolic dysfunction (diabetes, dementia, obesity, hypertension, etc.)

4. Mental health/clarity and wherewithal.

5. Excellent glucose control (A1c <5.5 and fasting glucose <90).

6. Excellent hormonal health, i.e., high libido, drive and motivation.

7. Grip strength

8. Strength to weight ratio (how many dips and pull ups you can perform)

9. Low resting heart rate (in 40s or 50s).

10. Strong immune system, not feeling often under the weather with cold/illness.

My personal litmus test for whether or not my health is in order is if I would be eager to offer a stranger the experience of life via my physical form.

It doesn't go down haha you just aren't keeping up ?.

Health is the consistent feedback-loop allowing for us to tailor external substances, to optimize certain internal  states. It is never solved but mostly mitigated using what I call "thresholds".

For me ketosis, kriya, meat, protein, fats, tend to repeatedly allow me to access peak "states(health)". You never stay there, always have to re-enter it ?. 

Edited by MAHAVATAR_-_BABAJI

• Feminist 

13 hours ago, Jason Actualization said:

3. Being at ease (devoid of disease) without any any chronic conditions related to metabolic dysfunction (diabetes, dementia, obesity, hypertension, etc.)

7. Grip strength

10. Strong immune system, not feeling often under the weather with cold/illness.

My personal litmus test for whether or not my health is in order is if I would be eager to offer a stranger the experience of life via my physical form.

Ultimate health is not identifying with the body and mind, remaining identified with Absolute Infinite Consciousness. Most of our bodily or neurological problems don't exist during sleep.

Edited by MAHAVATAR_-_BABAJI

• Feminist 

On 9/8/2023 at 7:46 PM, Jason Actualization said:

7. Grip strength

Yes, if I asked from dualistic point of view, which I did,  all these are valid points.
Just reading it I already feel like testosterone driven guy. :)
Thanks for effort I am going to incorporate them too.

On 9/9/2023 at 9:25 AM, MAHAVATAR_-_BABAJI said:

It doesn't go down haha you just aren't keeping up ?.

Health is the consistent feedback-loop allowing for us to tailor external substances, to optimize certain internal  states. It is never solved but mostly mitigated using what I call "thresholds".

For me ketosis, kriya, meat, protein, fats, tend to repeatedly allow me to access peak "states(health)". You never stay there, always have to re-enter it ?. 

Yes, yes, I admit I was not keeping up, I was procrastinating that one of the reason was your follow up message that related to nondual view of life.
In spite of that our cells are programmed to die so the less burden there is on their correct function the longer there is no need for replication and the higher expected longevity. 

If you do kriya, realize why to restrain from eating meat and replace it in diet. 

Intermittent fasting as a way to enter ketosis is in doing but I admit it is hard on daily basis, let say 18:6.

On 9/9/2023 at 9:33 AM, MAHAVATAR_-_BABAJI said:

Ultimate health is not identifying with the body and mind, remaining identified with Absolute Infinite Consciousness. Most of our bodily or neurological problems don't exist during sleep.

If there is not one then there is no question and question of ultimate health does not arise, none actually exist and they are appearances as we are aware of them. 

A strong immune system that can handle many virus and infections without the need of any vaccine, is optimal health.

When I got a positive covid test, I knew I had optimal health because the virus was a joke for my body. A mosquito bite was more annoying.

When my lady got covid later, I drank from her bottle and did not get the virus. Guess I became immune. 

Edited by D2sage

On 9/9/2023 at 3:33 AM, MAHAVATAR_-_BABAJI said:

They don't exist during sleep because you are no longer aware of them. Once you wake up, you start back where you left off in a sense, in terms of the quality of your physical state. Even if one identifies with Absolute Infinite Consciousness, they still have to contend with the consequences conferred by the way they treat/mistreat their body. For example, I could slip some estrogen (birth control tablets) into something you drink, and that is going to be a not so fun surprise for you to navigate.

I could use my father as an example. He's 66 years old and ripped for his age. He still goes to the gym and does squats, bikes 35 mile rides on his road bike (we did one together when I visited last week). For him it all comes down to habits, habits habits. Healthy habits, and sticking to them even if he doesn't "feel like" doing them. If you don't develop a plan, and stick to it like clockwork, you may as well not even start. You'll be like those people who join the gym for their New Year's resolution and are gone by February. I am still working on achieving his level of self discipline.

He eats a plant based diet based on the book "How Not to Die" and his main meat source is grass fed, grass finished beef. He consumes an antioxidant rich diet, including coffee in the mornings, whole grains, steel cut oats, various kinds of nuts, spices, fruits, vegetables, with light alcohol consumption in the form of craft beers, usually on the darker side.

That's not to say you have to be into fitness to be happy, or even that you have to live to an old age, but I won't get into that here. It comes down to being able to sit there and mindfully observe cravings to do something, and then do the activity that you have planned and want to make into a habit. Leo's video on addictions and "subtle addictions" are handy for this. It's not bleeping easy if you are not used to it. It's torture, like quitting a drug.

Edited by sholomar

I think ultimate health is loss of boundary and loss of an identity. :)

Death is the ultimate health.

Edit: I don't think I want to post such things in the future, because I feel bad that people read this and believe this. Maybe this is true in some significant aspect in my life and I have my reasons for why I think so, but somebody else now will justify suicide with this which I am not justifying etc. 

Edited by Applegarden8