Someone here

What is it that we ultimately seek ?

53 posts in this topic

7 minutes ago, Inliytened1 said:

If you truly know what you speak then you know that Truth will not answer your ego's desires.   It is not meant to do that.  It will not help you make more money, or get you more girls.   It won't quench your thirst for more.  It doesn't have to.  It stands alone.   When you find it - you will find it for itself.  And then you will go on with your need to survive.   But your fear of death will be lifted.   All of your human desires may continue. And you can continue to fool yourself that death is real, should you wish.   But deep down you will know better.  Now - I say to you - is there anything else worthwhile?  

Nice ! Answer me this question please:

If i as god when I was in God  mode (before creating anything)which I don't remember I planned awful things for fhis character Someone here. But its ONLY  bad for the EGO. That's why in all spiritual work the objective is to get rid of the ego .In god mode there is no bias so anything goes. If I truly had the same perspective I have now in god mode I would manifest a world of perfect harmony.. no conflict and maximize fun and having  good time. But I didn't. I created a world of both pain and pleasure.  Why?  Because its more fun .like playing a video game .you want to it to be challenging for it to be interesting.  Right ?

7 minutes ago, Davino said:

All desire longs for desirelessness

True ? 

"life is not a problem to be solved ..its a mystery to be lived "

-Osho

4 minutes ago, Someone here said:

If I truly had the same perspective I have now in god mode I would manifest a world of perfect harmony..

But you don't have the same perspective.    perspective requires limitation.  If you free yourself of limitation, and of a perspective, then all must be allowed.   Otherwise it wouldn't be unconditional Love.

Edited by Inliytened1

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

Just now, Inliytened1 said:

But you don't have the same perspective.    perspective requires limitation.  If you free yourself of Limitation, and of a perspective, then all must be allowed.   Otherwise it wouldn't be unconditional Lobe.

I agree.and that's exactly my point. And that's exactly my point . So the ugly stuff ..the bad guys ..the rape ..the murder ..the mass shooting etc all of that is GOD'S GOODNESS.  

So when you say something like "truth will kill you "..I have to disagree...because truth is lack of bias .completely indiscriminate so it can't judge anything and label it as bad or evil . 

-Osho

2 minutes ago, Someone here said:

I agree.and that's exactly my point. And that's exactly my point . So the ugly stuff ..the bad guys ..the rape ..the murder ..the mass shooting etc all of that is GOD'S GOODNESS.  

So when you say something like "truth will kill you "..I have to disagree...because truth is lack of bias .completely indiscriminate so it can't judge anything and label it as bad or evil . 

Truth will kill the ego.  The ego is bias.  And how is that not accurate?   Enlightenment is becoming the Truth itself.   It kills the illusion. 

Edited by Inliytened1

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

2 minutes ago, Inliytened1 said:

Truth will kill the ego.  The ego is bias.  And how is that not accurate?   Enlightenment is becoming the Truth itself.   It kills the illusion. 

I understand your point.  What I'm trying to convey is that Truth kills the ego figuratively not literally.  You as a human continue to exist . Your sense of self will not be 100% eliminated. Otherwise you would literally die in this case .

So enlightenment is not nessacarly getting rid of the ego (you can't get of it )..but just seeing through it . So everyone would be acting from ego ..except you .

-Osho

26 minutes ago, Someone here said:

I understand your point.  What I'm trying to convey is that Truth kills the ego figuratively not literally.  everyone would be acting from ego ..except you .

If it wasn't literal it wouldn't be enlightenment now would it?  If reality is a mind then why can't you die?   Ponder that.   Now - do you come back?  Yeah.  But that's only because you ain't done with the dream here.   The body ceases to exist in enlightenment.   If you aren't thinking of your body it ain't there.  There is only Consciousness.   A body doesn't need to be there.  A body is only there if your sense of self is there. 

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

45 minutes ago, Inliytened1 said:

If it wasn't literal it wouldn't be enlightenment now would it?  If reality is a mind then why can't you die?   Ponder that.   Now - do you come back?  Yeah.  But that's only because you ain't done with the dream here.   The body ceases to exist in enlightenment.   If you aren't thinking of your body it ain't there.  There is only Consciousness.   A body doesn't need to be there.  A body is only there if your sense of self is there. 

1) spiritual people have different definitions of "enlightenment ". Mind to share your own definition?

2) there is in fact ZERO evidence that death is real . How do you know you gonna die in the future?  I dare you to give me one single  evidence that death is real ....I know this sounds like mad talk Right now but hey ..if you do hardcore contemplating you will reach to hardcore conclusions .

3) the body is more than a thought.  You have direct experience of it . A totally unexperienced thing would be a thought like a unicorn .

-Osho

Consciousness is looking for consciousness. Which it will never find, because it is consciousness.

Why so serious?

4 hours ago, Someone here said:

agree.and that's exactly my point. And that's exactly my point . So the ugly stuff ..the bad guys ..the rape ..the murder ..the mass shooting etc all of that is GOD'S GOODNESS.  

The problem is imagining that God is a guy (specifically you), who gets bored, and does things, and is very joking and hides from himself, and all that. that conception occurs when the ego is not completely dissolved. reality is the unlimited infinity, that is what you are ultimately and it is completely impersonal. Infinity manifests itself in the cosmos in constant evolution, it is said to be love in the sense that it is pure existence without limits, not that it loves you and cares for you.

You are the limitless wild reality, surrounded by thousands of limits imposed by thousands of generations of humans and millions of years of evolution to create the extremely complex pattern of existence that is now manifesting. Everything that happens is a cosmic dance, a very complex movement of evolution. Simplifying it as: you are god and you love yourself is wrong. what is god? you? No, you are the product of apparent duality. break the you, and limitless reality manifests. You can call it love, since limitless existence is what we call love, and in the dance of existence there is ying and yang, birth, death and evolution. You could say that it's imaginary, but it's just a word that implies a subject who is doing something, imagine, with a result, a dream . Wrong. there is just the reality happening, with many layers of patterns creating complexity. You are the reality, but reality is not a you

Edited by Breakingthewall

1) spiritual people have different definitions of "enlightenment ". Mind to share your own definition?

It is pure literalness. Actuality.  That's probably as close as words can get.   Because words are built on top of this literallness.  So they won't be able to capture it.  

2) there is in fact ZERO evidence that death is real . How do you know you gonna die in the future?  I dare you to give me one single  evidence that death is real ....I know this sounds like mad talk Right now but hey ..if you do hardcore contemplating you will reach to hardcore conclusions .

How can there be evidence of something prior to evidence?  You want scientific proof.  But Einsten found that there was something mystical to reality, something prior to scientific law.   Maybe it is the very thing from which scientific law spawned.

3) the body is more than a thought.  You have direct experience of it . A totally unexperienced thing would be a thought like a unicorn .

It is a very powerfully molded thought by an Infinte Mind- giving it solidity.  But this solidity, no matter how powerful it appears, is a thought nonetheless.  There are nothing but thoughts.   It's just that some seem so solid.   That's how we are fooled into thinking there is a physical world. 

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

35 minutes ago, Inliytened1 said:

It is a very powerfully molded thought by an Infinte Mind- giving it solidity.  But this solidity, no matter how powerful it appears, is a thought nonetheless.  There are nothing but thoughts.   It's just that some seem so solid.   That's how we are fooled into thinking there is a physical world

Very profound 

13 hours ago, LastThursday said:

Thought = Time. Without thought there's no time.

Spirituality is just a hobby like any other. :ph34r:

Edited by Schizophonia

If you dont understand, you're not twisted enough.

@Someone here Growth. 

"Not believing your own thoughts, you’re free from the primal desire: the thought that reality should be different than it is. You realise the wordless, the unthinkable. You understand that any mystery is only what you yourself have created. In fact, there’s no mystery. Everything is as clear as day. It’s simple, because there really isn’t anything. There’s only the story appearing now. And not even that.” — Byron Katie