Loreena

Why We Fail To See The Big Picture ??

11 posts in this topic

Have you ever realized that you never see things from a big picture perspective. How we fail to see the big picture so often. We never realize until it actually happens. It's so important to cultivate a big picture perspective on things in life. It helps you to put things together. How many things you could have avoided in your path if you had only seen it already in the bigger picture of life. 

1. Only ONE path is true. Rest is noise
  2. God is beauty, rest is Ugly 

Doesn't the big picture depend on life experience, self awareness, consciousness?  Mistakes lead to an understanding of the big picture.  We are often running down a path in darkness with a small candle to light the way and we stumble and fall and then realize that there was something in our way.  I agree that it is important to develop a big picture perspective which only grow larger after...some event and the outside context anomaly.  And yes, it would help if we came preloaded with a big picture vision, but time travel would be cool too.

@Robert66 I agree that mistakes help us understand the big picture. But isn't the experience a bit too expensive ? How many mistakes do you really have to make until you realize that your only way of learning was through mistakes and you have  already made too many of them. Another additional mistake might even prove fatal. Better grasp the situation before it's too late. You can even learn from other's mistakes. It's true that experience is king. But some experiences can be irreversible and that's when you realize that some mistakes can be a little costly. That's where you feel the need of having a better preemptive perspective on things. 

Edited by Loreena

1. Only ONE path is true. Rest is noise
  2. God is beauty, rest is Ugly 

It's very simple. People fail to see the big picture because they already think they have the big picture.

@Loreena Well, a person makes as many mistakes as needed for them to learn.  Some people do learn from other's mistakes; I don't have to kill someone to know killing is wrong, some come to that conclusion after the fact.  Many mistakes are too costly and many times we see someone on a course of action that we know is a mistake and vise versa, but it is their lesson to learn at that time.  If someone is not self aware, prefrontal cortex human awareness, they will continue to bash against that wall until they wake up.   

It is really hard to have patience I find but once I realize the bigger picture it all falls into place. If I use this 90 day period to setup a habit it will give me fruits the rest of my life. Everybody wants to do it now and do it fast. I think patience within that big picture understanding is also very essential when your trying to reach a goal.

For me the key is to just keep reminding myself of the bigger picture. Second of all when developing a big picture understanding you always have the catch 22 problem "You don't know what you don't know" - Leo

Sort of how Leo talks about contemplating death I like to think to myself that everything passes. If that's the case, what is the meaning of everything if things just pass? (good things also) If everything passes petty stuff doesn't seem to matter. Then I proceed to think about the things I appreciate and want to do. Last bit to apply is especially self love, but love for others as well. After that I think about what is good and important for me to do when it comes to the next week, next month, next year etc. It puts things into perspective and as I've developed this sort of state in other ways as well I don't even feel like doing any of the useless stuff almost at all. I still have to have some will to get myself to that state though and it is scary since it enables almost of all of my current potential and applies my theoretical knowledge surprisingly well overall, which also means seeing through my excuses consisting of thoughts and emotions. It can get me really focused and confident, yet aware of my weaknesses, I suppose in a flow state.

7 hours ago, Loreena said:

How we fail to see the big picture so often.

The problem is, in order to see the big picture, you have to know how far to look. The picture is only as big as you think it is. This is why it is important to learn awareness. Everything that Leo has taught over the last couple of years helps us to see how much bigger the picture is. Once we see that, we can start to look for the other parts of the picture.

6 hours ago, Extreme Z7 said:

It's very simple. People fail to see the big picture because they already think they have the big picture.

Exactly.

I guess it's more of a puzzle than a picture. And as we start to find the edges we can then work inwards to fill in the gaps.

6 hours ago, Loreena said:

How many mistakes do you really have to make until you realize that your only way of learning was through mistakes and you have  already made too many of them.

The problem is, how do you develop foresight? If it doesn't come from experience (and hence mistakes) then is has to come from knowledge. And unfortunately the kind of knowledge that can really help us in life is not really taught to us. For most people the picture is comfined to the limits of the modern 'system' that humanity lives within and this is all we are taught to work with.

It's only when we start to question the system, and what we are taught to believe, that we discover that the picture is indeed bigger and then we start seeking the knowldege to expand this perspective.

6 hours ago, Loreena said:

Another additional mistake might even prove fatal. Better grasp the situation before it's too late.

It could. But that is the luck of the draw. The thing is, that trying to avoid making mistakes can actually cause problems in itself. Fearing mistakes and never taking risks can lead us to avoiding areas in life that could prove beneficial in the long run. It can also lead to neurotic behaviour. I know people who are so afraid of making mistakes that they are litereally crippled when it comes to making choices, or when mistakes actually happen anyway. They can't actually grow in life because they try so hard to be 'safe'. Sometimes we have to take risks and be accepting of the consequences.

“If you correct your mind, the rest of your life will fall into place.”  - Lao Tzu

What is spiritual growth? 

Deep down you are the infinite one, you are god and you know everything about the universe and how it works. 
You already know everything,deep down, yet you're on a level where you don't have access to your knowledge. 
so what is spiritual growth? 

It's merely being open to knowledge and new ideas.
Genuine open-mindedness is spiritual growth.
The more open you are, the more of your own knowledge will flow into you. 

But what is being open-minded? It's acknowledging that you'll never see the big picture.  
As soon as you think you see the big picture you're closed to new information. 
How can you see the big picture when the universe is infinite and ever-growing and you're a reflection of that? 
there is no big picture. 

No one will never know everything there is to know, because the universe is infinite.
There's always more to know, more to discover.
The sooner you get that you have to stop beating yourself down for not understanding the big picture, the quicker you'll start understanding the infinite picture. 

Stellars interact with Terrans from ÓB (Earth’s Low Orbit).!