Scholar

My first time taking psychedelics - 20mcg 1V-LSD

41 posts in this topic

What type of music can you guys recommend for a proper 150mcg trip?

Will the music I usually like work well for an LSD trip, like some Max Richter or the like? I usually use that to enter deep contemplative states to ponder the nature of existence, but it makes me very melancholic. I enjoy melonchonia, it feels existentially very gratifying, but I am not sure if on LSD it might not activate negative thinking patterns or the like.

Glory to Israel

@Scholar dont choose too distractive music until the peak is over. 

Better have some chill background music or no music at all. 

Edited by OBEler

6 minutes ago, OBEler said:

@Scholar dont choose too distractive music until the peak is over. 

Better have some chill background music or no music at all. 

Did you ever do LSD or psychedelics while doing sensory deprivation? Like blindfolding and plugging ears?

Glory to Israel

13 minutes ago, Scholar said:

Did you ever do LSD or psychedelics while doing sensory deprivation? Like blindfolding and plugging ears?

I’ve done it while my body was covered with a weighted blanket. But then the whole room and my body disappears during the trip, so it was kinda pointless.

“I once tried to explain existential dread to my toaster, but it just popped up and said, "Same."“ -Gemini AI

5 minutes ago, Yimpa said:

I’ve done it while my body was covered with a weighted blanket. But then the whole room and my body disappears during the trip, so it was kinda pointless.

Maybe your body being covered was one of the reasons why your body disappeared during the trip?

Glory to Israel

@Scholar No. All that’s left is pure consciousness. Whether that leaves you at peace or you have an existential crisis is another story.

“I once tried to explain existential dread to my toaster, but it just popped up and said, "Same."“ -Gemini AI

20 hours ago, OBEler said:

@Scholar No and I would not do such experiment on your first trip. Thats too much

I still don't know what to do during the come up. I feel like if I listen to Max Richter during it I will experience something spiritual during the trip. But my main goal is focused on increasing my visual processing abilities, which I know I won't be able to focus on if I do the spiritual focus.

But I also don't know if the melancholia wouldn't cause a bad trip. Maybe I should experiment the next time more and this time just see what happens.

Glory to Israel

@Scholar I recommend going into tripping with less of an analytical, rigid mindset and more of a childlike, open mindset. 

27 minutes ago, Yimpa said:

@Scholar I recommend going into tripping with less of an analytical, rigid mindset and more of a childlike, open mindset. 

Yes, that is what I am planning to do. R-Mode engagement.

Glory to Israel

@Scholar during the comeup just sit with open eyes and look at your surroundings, meditate. 

If you need music, you will feel. You cannot Know in what direction the trip goes. You will Instant know if it is good to hear Music or not and which song suits you. 

On 9/1/2023 at 11:23 PM, Karla said:

Interesting… hearing with your eyes ? cool.

He did say it was his first trip, maybe he keeps going & some day he makes a similar “hearing with his eyes” type discovery.

Nah most logical types stay there unless immense suffering happens. The logical dream perspective is actually very hard to break out of lol because it is the most pervasive one there is. He would need to trip ALOT, and I mean a dose high enough to give him a breakthrough, and even then that won't be enough because he is going to need to realize that there is no difference between his trip and what we call regular reality. 

Life is equally as mystical as what we call a hallucinogen. I'll give an example...there was a video I watched of a guy who made 800 million....he literally said he has no clue how it happened..it just happened...

Think about that for a moment....(oh and that millionaire is into Spirituality now after suffering from depression lol). 

On 9/2/2023 at 4:31 AM, Vincent S said:

@Razard86 A lot of projection here to be fair. What you said in your two posts here, could and was said to you just a few months ago. 

You have come far, but remember to stay humble. 

Ok my friend....point out my projection if you don't mind. Accountability goes both ways my friend, if you want to hold me accountable, I hold you accountable to being more specific. Your critique is too vague for me to draw upon anyway to see where I need improvement. In other words...when you critique someone make sure you spend enough time pointing out where they are erring in, otherwise if they are like me they will critique your critique.

A critique is only as useful as its ability to explain its perspective. I can't improve if you don't explain where I have fallen short.

Edited by Razard86

You are a selfless LACK OF APPEARANCE, that CONSTRUCTS AN APPEARANCE. But that appearance can disappear and reappear and we call that change, we call it time, we call it space, we call it distance, we call distinctness, we call it other. But notice...this appearance, is a SELF. A SELF IS A CONSTRUCTION!!! 

So if you want to know the TRUTH OF THE CONSTRUCTION. Just deconstruct the construction!!!! No point in playing these mind games!!! No point in creating needless complexity!!! The truth of what you are is a BLANK!!!! A selfless awareness....then that means there is NO OTHER, and everything you have ever perceived was JUST AN APPEARANCE, A MIRAGE, AN ILLUSION, IMAGINARY. 

Everything that appears....appears out of a lack of appearance/void/no-thing, non-sense (can't be sensed because there is nothing to sense). That is what you are, and what arises...is made of that. So nonexistence, arises/creates existence. And thus everything is solved.

4 hours ago, Razard86 said:

Nah most logical types stay there unless immense suffering happens. The logical dream perspective is actually very hard to break out of lol because it is the most pervasive one there is. He would need to trip ALOT, and I mean a dose high enough to give him a breakthrough, and even then that won't be enough because he is going to need to realize that there is no difference between his trip and what we call regular reality. 

Things rings true in my experience and observations. . . I was hardwired as logical before my first trip. I accidently overdosed 10X on that first trip and went so deep that the logical perspective was destroyed and couldn't be rebuilt. 

You write about how there is no difference between trip and regular reality - this knowing / wisdom / embodiment can go very deep. As you are likely aware, it's not a logical understanding. I've seen so many logical types take ownership and contextualize a trip as an experience into their logical dream perspective. Here, the mind creates logical explanations of how dream and regular reality is the same - yet that isn't the deeper knowing / wisdom /  embodiment. 

For logical types, it does seem that repetitive high doses may be necessary. I've also noticed that if a logical mindset isn't smashed early, it can adapt and become stronger. If the mind can take ownership and contextualize a trip into it's previous logical narrative - it gets stronger - like a boxer that gets knocked out and then develops stronger defenses and resistance. In hindsight, I was fortunate to have accidently overdosed.

Regarding immense suffering. . . Those early trips involved some wonderfully blissful spaces - yet also some extremely difficult spaces as consciousness was being transformed. There are mind-body spaces so extraordinary it can put immense stress on the mind and body, including insanity zones. There was a time period of two weeks in which I couldn't work, drive a car or be around human beings. If so, I would have been put in a psychiatric unit. The only spaces I could dwell was solitary in my house and solitary in nature. 

Conscious awareness and embodiment of a unified reality can open doors to areas few minds have access  - yet there can also be issues from the perspective of regular human reality. Mind spaces can arise in which there is no distinction between tripping, dreaming and regular reality. For me, it initially caused intense anxiety and sometimes panic. I'd be at work and be unable to tell if this was a trip, dream or regular reality. . . Over time, I've learned to flow with it - yet it can some skill. Sometimes I need to create distinctions and modify behavior. 

13 minutes ago, Forestluv said:

I accidently overdosed 10X on that first trip and went so deep that the logical perspective was destroyed and couldn't be rebuilt. 

When was that (if it's not inappropriate to ask)?

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

6 minutes ago, Carl-Richard said:

When was that (if it's not inappropriate to ask)?

Eight years ago.

Yet I've tripped many, many times since then. So I don't know if the contraction within a logical mindset would have eventually returned if I never tripped again. . . However, the second trip was about two months later and the consciousness shift was maintained. People that knew me were asking "What happened to you?". They sorta recognized "me", yet also recognized something was very different. Some were very curious, others were disturbed. 

There were still some personality traits that persisted and I still had access to logical perspectives that I was previously was contracted within. To this day, I still have access and some of those logical creations are beautiful - like art. Yet they also have walls and sharp edges - that always get revealed to me. I quickly lose patience and interest with a mind that is confined within logic. 

32 minutes ago, Forestluv said:

Eight years ago.

Yet I've tripped many, many times since then. So I don't know if the contraction within a logical mindset would have eventually returned if I never tripped again. . . However, the second trip was about two months later and the consciousness shift was maintained. People that knew me were asking "What happened to you?". They sorta recognized "me", yet also recognized something was very different. Some were very curious, others were disturbed. 

There were still some personality traits that persisted and I still had access to logical perspectives that I was previously was contracted within. To this day, I still have access and some of those logical creations are beautiful - like art. Yet they also have walls and sharp edges - that always get revealed to me. I quickly lose patience and interest with a mind that is confined within logic. 

When interacting with you, I always get the sense you are very stuck in a particular type of logic, because of how unflexible you seem in your reactions. It does feel like interactions always lead to the same type of conclusion, which to me indicates that there is a certain logic pattern which is very persistent in you.

You are always the same Forest to me, and our interactions tend to always take the same flow.

Glory to Israel

@Scholar The reason I returned and posted on the forum again was because I read your thread, reaching out during your trip. I got the sense you were on the verge of a major breakthrough and wanted to assist if I could. It turns out I was wrong. I wish you the best. 

Edited by Forestluv

26 minutes ago, Forestluv said:

@Scholar The reason I returned and posted on the forum again was because I read your thread, reaching out during your trip. I got the sense you were on the verge of a major breakthrough and wanted to assist if I could. It turns out I was wrong. I wish you the best. 

That's very heartwarming to hear, I feel honored that you would come back and post on this forum to help me like that!

For me personally it was a breakthrough in many ways, but it was not focused on spiritual awakening, my focus was mostly around my life purpose, which I actually achieved! I will focus more on spirituality in future trips, I don't feel like there is anything to rush. I hope you are not too disappointed by this, but maybe there will be an opportunity for that in the future. Either way, I am happy to see you back on the forum.

I also wish you the best!

Glory to Israel

@Scholar Thank you for reminding me that there are various flavors of "breakthrough". As you can sense, I'm oriented toward transcendent realizations. It's good to hear that you had breakthroughs relative to your intention of life purpose. I hope it continues to be a good tool for you. 

9 minutes ago, Forestluv said:

@Scholar Thank you for reminding me that there are various flavors of "breakthrough". As you can sense, I'm oriented toward transcendent realizations. It's good to hear that you had breakthroughs relative to your intention of life purpose. I hope it continues to be a good tool for you. 

I hope you don't take my comments about being logical too much to heart. You do offer a lot of wisdom that even a mortal like me can appreciate! It could be that what I perceive as logical rigidity is simply your personality style, because of how formal you are in your communication.

Anyways, if fate wills it we will be able to discuss the states of being you are referencing on another day, with me being able to relate more deeply to them. As of now, I neatly tuck it into my conceptualization of R-Mode cognition.

One of the issues, in my eyes, is that especially written communication is basically entirely L-Mode. So, it is kind of useless to convey R-Mode type of states that way.

Glory to Israel