Princess Arabia

Powerful

316 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Razard86 said:

You are way too logical. What you don't realize is logic is a limitation. Logic is not the source of creation, logic is a tool of the PAST. Logic turns you into a fear based repeat pattern, it turns you into a person big on tradition, and the TRIED AND TRUE, it stagnates you, and ultimately BOXES you in. You need to be more creative, more irrational. The best inventors, are irrational with rationality. They dare to try something new. Go read Joseph Campbell's the hero's journey.

The hero is almost always someone who is rash, impulsive, with a never say die attitude surrounded by rational people. The hero almost always goes up against insurmountable odds and finds ways to win in the end. 

For example let's use this quote you said: "Eg. Two boxers visualize winning a fight. The victor is (probably) going to be the one with best training regimen, natural talent, physical strength etc. Doesn't matter how much they visualize or 'want' to win."

This is false. This lets me know you never really reached the highest level of competition. Humans have something called EMOTION. Someone can be better than you at all parameters and you can get in their head, create doubt, and defeat them. How do I know this? Because I've done it. Confidence or heart as they call it is a rare quality. 

This man got up at the 9 count. That's heart. That's the magic of life, the NEVER SAY DIE mentality. That trumps all the training, all the natural talent. There is famous adage, the most dangerous man is the one that has nothing to lose. Until you have surrendered yourself to this endeavor you will never know how powerful heart is. That heart is LOVE and is the defining characteristic to any greatness that is ever achieved. 

I swear, you always come up with these brilliant responses. You are a born..... (fill in the blank)......i'm too tired to figure out the word.

There is no beginning, there is no end. There is just Simply This. 

3 hours ago, Razard86 said:

You are way too logical. What you don't realize is logic is a limitation. Logic is not the source of creation, logic is a tool of the PAST. Logic turns you into a fear based repeat pattern, it turns you into a person big on tradition, and the TRIED AND TRUE, it stagnates you, and ultimately BOXES you in. You need to be more creative, more irrational. The best inventors, are irrational with rationality. They dare to try something new. Go read Joseph Campbell's the hero's journey.

The hero is almost always someone who is rash, impulsive, with a never say die attitude surrounded by rational people. The hero almost always goes up against insurmountable odds and finds ways to win in the end. 

For example let's use this quote you said: "Eg. Two boxers visualize winning a fight. The victor is (probably) going to be the one with best training regimen, natural talent, physical strength etc. Doesn't matter how much they visualize or 'want' to win."

This is false. This lets me know you never really reached the highest level of competition. Humans have something called EMOTION. Someone can be better than you at all parameters and you can get in their head, create doubt, and defeat them. How do I know this? Because I've done it. Confidence or heart as they call it is a rare quality. 

This man got up at the 9 count. That's heart. That's the magic of life, the NEVER SAY DIE mentality. That trumps all the training, all the natural talent. There is famous adage, the most dangerous man is the one that has nothing to lose. Until you have surrendered yourself to this endeavor you will never know how powerful heart is. That heart is LOVE and is the defining characteristic to any greatness that is ever achieved. 

Thank you for your response. Not trying to be argumentative, this is a big development point for me.

My question lies in - are there limitations? If so where are they defined? If one simply believes they are unlimited, does that make it so? If not, what else is missing? I don’t see that discussed much in the LOA videos. This lack of grounding makes it hard for me to interact with LOA content.

In the boxing video you provided, I am more interested in why the other boxer (Deontay Wilder) could not knock him out/win the fight. Are we saying this is purely because the loser of the fight ‘vibrational state’ was off?

I find it hard to believe Deontay did not truly believe he could win this fight. Up until this fight, he had 40 fights, all undefeated with a 90% knockout rate (that is incredible btw). His daughter has spina bifida and he says this is his reason to fight. Deontay wilder got into boxing late (age 21) but still became world champ. This is a Rocky story if I ever heard one. But he still lost this fight, why?

Why did this man lose?

Another example: where did these guys go wrong? Surely they must’ve believed their own BS otherwise they would not have signed up to demonstrate. If you are not grounded, reality slaps you real hard.

If vibrational state/feeling/will/vision is everything, I think it only captures half the story (but I still feel I am missing something here)

Edited by woohoo123

On 10/10/2023 at 1:22 AM, woohoo123 said:

For me doubt is also very important and useful. Instead of being confident, I spend a lot of time doubting myself, poking all the holes I can in myself, seeing where I can fail, then patching those up or having a plan for those. Paradoxically doubt makes me stronger and more confident in the long run.

It's true self doubt is beneficial in some ways. But, what you are doing is a combination of self doubt and then effort to reduce the self doubt by analysing and improving the factors contributing to it. If the effort thing is not done, it can lead to under confidence. 

Very Interesting Interview. I learnt a lot. The part about looking into someone's left eye with your right eye, was very intriguing to me.

On 10/13/2023 at 4:08 AM, woohoo123 said:

Thank you for your response. Not trying to be argumentative, this is a big development point for me.

My question lies in - are there limitations? If so where are they defined? If one simply believes they are unlimited, does that make it so? If not, what else is missing? I don’t see that discussed much in the LOA videos. This lack of grounding makes it hard for me to interact with LOA content.

In the boxing video you provided, I am more interested in why the other boxer (Deontay Wilder) could not knock him out/win the fight. Are we saying this is purely because the loser of the fight ‘vibrational state’ was off?

I find it hard to believe Deontay did not truly believe he could win this fight. Up until this fight, he had 40 fights, all undefeated with a 90% knockout rate (that is incredible btw). His daughter has spina bifida and he says this is his reason to fight. Deontay wilder got into boxing late (age 21) but still became world champ. This is a Rocky story if I ever heard one. But he still lost this fight, why?

Why did this man lose?

Another example: where did these guys go wrong? Surely they must’ve believed their own BS otherwise they would not have signed up to demonstrate. If you are not grounded, reality slaps you real hard.

If vibrational state/feeling/will/vision is everything, I think it only captures half the story (but I still feel I am missing something here)

I will admit I am not an expert on boxing (I'm an expert on NBA basketball but I know a little about boxing) but I used that example because its easier to understand. One of the hallmarks of competition is the discovery of the importance of mental strength, fortitude, heart. If you engage in competition long enough you will come across people who are more naturally talented than you. Some may even work as hard as you so naturally they are better. I'll give a story.

I knew a guy who was faster than me in Track and Field because he ran Track longer than me. But he didn't have the same heart I did. I trained more than he did but because he had more accumulated experience (had been running longer) he beat me. Eventually one day I became good enough to give him a run for his money and eventually broke through and beat him. You know what happened? He quit running. 

I've engaged in competitions with people who were more naturally talented in other areas but I would beat them with strategy, you know what happened with every one of them? They quit. I've had people beat me who later on I rematched them and beat them and guess what? They never wanted a rematch. Through competition I learned that most people lack belief in themselves and cannot handle failure very well. 

So the most important trait to cultivate in life is confidence, and grit. Belief in what you can do, and the ability to deal with failure and keep going. You know what they call that? Heart!!! Which is...LOVE. Its why competition is ROMANCE!!! It's an expression of your love for yourself!!!

You are a selfless LACK OF APPEARANCE, that CONSTRUCTS AN APPEARANCE. But that appearance can disappear and reappear and we call that change, we call it time, we call it space, we call it distance, we call distinctness, we call it other. But notice...this appearance, is a SELF. A SELF IS A CONSTRUCTION!!! 

So if you want to know the TRUTH OF THE CONSTRUCTION. Just deconstruct the construction!!!! No point in playing these mind games!!! No point in creating needless complexity!!! The truth of what you are is a BLANK!!!! A selfless awareness....then that means there is NO OTHER, and everything you have ever perceived was JUST AN APPEARANCE, A MIRAGE, AN ILLUSION, IMAGINARY. 

Everything that appears....appears out of a lack of appearance/void/no-thing, non-sense (can't be sensed because there is nothing to sense). That is what you are, and what arises...is made of that. So nonexistence, arises/creates existence. And thus everything is solved.

The wisdom of Louise Hay. She covers most aspects of life including love, relationships, money, jobs, stress and everything else in-between. 

Edited by Princess Arabia

7 hours ago, Razard86 said:

I will admit I am not an expert on boxing (I'm an expert on NBA basketball but I know a little about boxing) but I used that example because its easier to understand. One of the hallmarks of competition is the discovery of the importance of mental strength, fortitude, heart. If you engage in competition long enough you will come across people who are more naturally talented than you. Some may even work as hard as you so naturally they are better. I'll give a story.

I knew a guy who was faster than me in Track and Field because he ran Track longer than me. But he didn't have the same heart I did. I trained more than he did but because he had more accumulated experience (had been running longer) he beat me. Eventually one day I became good enough to give him a run for his money and eventually broke through and beat him. You know what happened? He quit running. 

I've engaged in competitions with people who were more naturally talented in other areas but I would beat them with strategy, you know what happened with every one of them? They quit. I've had people beat me who later on I rematched them and beat them and guess what? They never wanted a rematch. Through competition I learned that most people lack belief in themselves and cannot handle failure very well. 

So the most important trait to cultivate in life is confidence, and grit. Belief in what you can do, and the ability to deal with failure and keep going. You know what they call that? Heart!!! Which is...LOVE. Its why competition is ROMANCE!!! It's an expression of your love for yourself!!!

Thanks. Not denying the power of human spirit, determination and will. 

I think the main thing which irks me about LOA is it sets people up thinking they are guaranteed to succeed if they have the right 'vibration'. I follow combat sports closely, and I have seen this makes the ego very fragile. People literally have breakdowns after they lose championship fights, because they have never entertained the idea of failure and when this happens it completely destroys them mentally. Their entire identity was built on being an undefeated, unstoppable champion.

I think we should have an indomitable will and a vision for success, but also at the same time be open that ultimately the Universe does not have to conform to our desires no matter how badly we want them. That doesn't mean we don't try and it doesn't have to be disheartening, rather for me it is a more accurate view of reality.

There is a time and place for the LOA message but I think at some point we must also embrace our limitations, else I think we are setting ourselves up for a ticking time bomb.

If you have or had pets, this would be interesting to watch.

Good one

@Princess Arabia So glad you came to hang out with us here at the community. You're a keeper! :)

Edited by cetus

9 minutes ago, cetus said:

@Princess Arabia So glad you came to hang out with us here at the community. You're a keeper! :)

Thank you, my pleasure. May I ask why you feel that way. 

47 minutes ago, Princess Arabia said:

May I ask why you feel that way. 

@Princess Arabia I know good wine and food when I taste it. Likewise, with people. - (some taste better than others) B|

2 hours ago, cetus said:

@Princess Arabia I know good wine and food when I taste it. Likewise, with people. - (some taste better than others) B|

Hmmm. Delish!

It was my vein attempt at humor. I didn't want to reply, "Let me count the ways".xD

But seriously I just needed to "speak it out" as Mooji says. You and so many others bring a positive presence to the community and glad to have you all here. Life is short and I wanted to say that.

1 hour ago, cetus said:

It was my vein attempt at humor. I didn't want to reply, "Let me count the ways".xD

But seriously I just needed to "speak it out" as Mooji says. You and so many others bring a positive presence to the community and glad to have you all here. Life is short and I wanted to say that.

I appreciate that, thank you, so do you. I sometimes slip and show my other side but I wouldn't be complete if I didn't, now would I. Two sides of the same coin. See how the mind is. Tricking itself, or me or you, or others ,or....let me stop while I'm ahead...or behind...or right where i am.

5 hours ago, Princess Arabia said:

Thank you, my pleasure. May I ask why you feel that way. 

@Princess Arabia You are authentic and honest foremost with yourself. It shows.

Just now, cetus said:

@Princess Arabia You are authentic and honest foremost with yourself. It shows.

❤️

Uses hype and superficiality. There are other effective teachers out there such as Adyashanti.

Edited by UnbornTao