EugeneTheSage

Why there are less female mystics?

26 posts in this topic

14 hours ago, Soul Flight said:

I think Joseph Campbell said their body creates life. They are already god.

Women are mothers and wives everywhere. They are mystics from cradle to grave. They are right in front of our face and we can't see them.

Women are intuitive and emotional. They are mostly laughing and rolling their eyes at us guys.

I think Eckart Thoelle said women are closer to awakening or living in the now than men.

She who knows, does not speak. She who speaks, does not know. So the ladies are silent.

Women are the watchers. They silently wait for men to wake up. Women tolerate men very patiently.

Catholic priests are men. Yet humans want siri to have a female voice. Maybe we want our tech to be submissive and motherly.

Philosophers, Jesus, Buddha, etc. are mostly men. But maybe the patriarchy or the historians focus on dudes.

:)

Very beautiful observation

female conditioning runs way deeper in the collective and in the individual

hard to be a woman, even to leave the house each day tons of expectation's heaped on one's shoulders

this is on the average of course and transcendable of course

women often don’t need to turn to mysticism. they just get it. 

Edited by Oppositionless

I have known many female Yogis personally that I would consider to be mystics. I guess I just have a different viewpoint.

What you resist, persists and less of you exists. There is a part of you that never leaves. You are not in; you have never been. You know. You put it there and time stretches. 

On 8/25/2023 at 9:16 AM, EugeneTheSage said:

Leo, Sadhguru, Eckhart Tolle, Mooji, Yogananda, Rupert Spira, Krishnamutri, Vivekananda, Allan Watts...

For female mystics I know only the woman who wrote "Love there is" - don't remember exactly the name of the book.

Why do you think it is so? I think that's because women don't have this masculine energy to "break the wall" - they are more about compassion, caring, and socializing (which are not bad things). On the other hand, woman is a more subtle energy.

Genetics.  Why wasn't Jesus a woman?  The woman was born from the rib of the man.

Edited by Inliytened1

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

On 8/25/2023 at 9:50 PM, Jowblob said:

@Dazgwny

Look in religion/spiritual gatherings and so on worldwide you will see how it is dominated by man

I don't know about religion but If you'd actually look up spiritual gatherings it is dominated by women

Probably 80% women, 20% men ratio, but then it depends on a type of gathering of course

https://bookretreats.com/

https://retreat.guru/

Edited by Hello from Russia