The Redeemer

Honestly I believe all men should be loved

30 posts in this topic

Love exist in may forms but life is not fair and not everyone will experience it, there is no metaphysical balance to the universe where everyone gets a chance to experience everything. You often hear the advice given to suicidal people, "you are loved", "someone cares"....er no not everyone is loved, not everyone has family there are billions of people on earth and tragedy beyond your comfortable narrow experience that you can't imagine. I don't believe in a deterministic point of view of reality i.e everything is planned when you are born but I believe individual has particular patterns and rhythms specific to their life path and the free will to respond to those patterns. Some would respond to a lack of love with great determination and focus to achieve something, some would fall into the most abject despair. Some lucky are born into great families and situations and never even have to think about these things.

On 8/24/2023 at 7:50 PM, The Redeemer said:

I believe all men should be loved for just being themselves.

The world doesn't operate on SHOULDS, but on what is.

Men have the burden of performance.

I agree OP 

Society puts expectations on men to be strong, stoic, confident, successful, provide, and lead to be loved  etc. 

Like Society used to put stuff on women rite like stay at home,  don't have sex etc.  

Culture defines it rn as toxic masculinity for guys and for girls ppl say it's mysogny 

But yeah at the same time, you can def find lots of people who will love who you are outside of these norms. They apply to societal thinking, not to individuals

Edited by Jacob Morres

25 minutes ago, Jacob Morres said:

don't have sex

I don't think it was, don't have sex, but more don't enjoy it. If you did, that wasn't considered ladylike or you're a slut or something silly like that. Imagine a society telling women to don't have sex and they comply, then men wouldn't have anybody to call whores and sluts. Hehe

Thought = Time. Without thought there's no time.

18 minutes ago, Jacob Morres said:

@Princess Arabia both I think cuz girls get shamed for increasing body count 

Yeah, I know. Shame on you men. Then again, shame on you women. Does blowjobs count.?

On 8/25/2023 at 6:31 PM, Tenebroso said:

Love exist in may forms but life is not fair and not everyone will experience it, there is no metaphysical balance to the universe where everyone gets a chance to experience everything. You often hear the advice given to suicidal people, "you are loved", "someone cares"....er no not everyone is loved, not everyone has family there are billions of people on earth and tragedy beyond your comfortable narrow experience that you can't imagine. I don't believe in a deterministic point of view of reality i.e everything is planned when you are born but I believe individual has particular patterns and rhythms specific to their life path and the free will to respond to those patterns. Some would respond to a lack of love with great determination and focus to achieve something, some would fall into the most abject despair. Some lucky are born into great families and situations and never even have to think about these things.

When I tell someone who is suicidal or depressed, "you are loved" I speak about God's love. God's unconditional love, but most don't see that or don't care for that. They want human's conditional love. Life isn't fair precisely because it is fair. That's the paradox. It can't be fair to one and still be fair to all because we are all different. So in order to be fair to all its parts, it pleases all in different ways, the only reason we can't see the fairness of life is because we live in separation. God would be selfish if life was fair.

9 hours ago, SeaMonster said:

The world doesn't operate on SHOULDS, but on what is.

Men have the burden of performance.

It's up to us to rewrite reality.

I experienced what is was truly like to be loved for who I am.

Edited by The Redeemer

Everybody is already loved unconditionally. You being here = you are loved. It just requires a change in perspective to see the already present reality.

Expecting human love for oneself is like expecting people to still your hunger.

Should-ing people is forcing people and putting your power, sovereignty and responsibility away into other people's hands.

Become self-reliant. Seek like-minded people. Build relationships and friendships based on authentic connection. Sharing yourself without needing anything from the other person is the way, and if appropriate also sharing all needs, insecurities and shadow parts as they come up in the moment without being attached to the outcome. If there are needs to be fulfilled by that connection, make it a value exchange.

Edited by Loving Radiance

Life Purpose journey

Presence. Goodness. Grace. Love.