at_anchor

math teacher for real dummies with a lack of concentration

11 posts in this topic

Can I use this forum for something productive? I'm dumb and need to learn math to survive I guess. Textbooks won't work. 

Is there anyone who would post assignments daily for a year to teach me math and test if mentally unwell can learn it? I can move the thread to the journaling section! Sorry if it is the wrong one. 

So start with addition and substraction the first time if you want. It doesn't have to be every day though. Maybe every week. Assignments and videos to watch maybe. 

Let's be productive and see if this can work. I wish I could know high school level mathematics. I won't use the calculator if that is stated and would comment on the problems I'm having. If you teach me math, oh my God. Impossible, but hey, if anyone has the will, lets try...         anyone?

2 hours ago, at_anchor said:

Is there anyone who would post assignments daily for a year to teach me math and test if mentally unwell can learn it?

Theres something called a math tutor who would do this for you for payment. In the USA this a good tutor will cost $50-$150 per hour

4 minutes ago, Phil King said:

Theres something called a math tutor who would do this for you for payment. In the USA this a good tutor will cost $50-$150 per hour

Well, I guess money really can make you smart. But you can also have good parents or frienda as tutors. 

Okay, I'll forget about math then. There is no way I'll ever learn it in life. 

How much longer till life ends? It's a real nightmare. 

27 minutes ago, Raze said:

Thank you very much. 

From the first and third links, videos, as well as a bit of the fourth I conclude that I lack a really good meditation habit, a better mind, a cozy environment and lots of math books in addition to the Khan Academy.

So math is technically possible to learn, just not for me right now. Maybe I'll never have what it takes to learn it.

Your best bet with free math education is to find and join a mathematics discord server then ask them for book recommendations. You can also ask for help on problems you get stuck on and to check your work. 

5 hours ago, at_anchor said:

Thank you very much. 

From the first and third links, videos, as well as a bit of the fourth I conclude that I lack a really good meditation habit, a better mind, a cozy environment and lots of math books in addition to the Khan Academy.

So math is technically possible to learn, just not for me right now. Maybe I'll never have what it takes to learn it.

You can start meditating and learning math for free right now though? Just go to the meditation program designed by the first guy, unified mindfulness or brightmind, it’s free, and start practicing the free khan academy videos.

YouTube combined with Math For Dummies?

There are thousands of free sources teaching you anything from elementary school maths to the most advanced shit out there. For free. Step by step. 

Edited by Michael569

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus

Why do you need to learn math to survive?

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

You can go Coursera, Edx, Khan Academy to learn more courses.

On 8/15/2023 at 2:08 AM, Thought Art said:

Why do you need to learn math to survive?

I don't know. Because I don't have good schooling qualifications for jobs outside my country and math is reqired as well as physics. Low level jobs in it are not possible. I'm lower on the food chain than brick layers now. I know some diet and exercise stuff, and have a desire for growth and understanding, but my desires are useless when reality was and is full of people problems.

If I am gonna be ostracized, sick, autistic and antisocial for the rest of my life, how else would I get myself out of this mess and survive if not by becoming some sort of a tradesman or scientist? A programmer, but that is unlikely to happen.

Did I give the right reasons? I think I gave enough of them. I need valuable skills to provide valuable services. But it is really impossible to study where I am at.