Someone here

Anyone in this forum completely transcended fear of death ?

219 posts in this topic

8 minutes ago, Vibroverse said:

but i'm just trying to find the balance where i can both stop my spiritual bypassing and not lose my alignment with love and myself, you know.

Not bypassing suffering is fully in alignment with being more loving. I don't see a tradeoff here.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

7 minutes ago, Vibroverse said:

And, sure, i myself am kinda guilty of spiritual bypassing and self denial, in some sense, but i'm just trying to find the balance where i can both stop my spiritual bypassing and not lose my alignment with love and myself, you know. And, yeah, that seems to be a very delicate balance, not easy to find. 

Your "argument", to me, is a little more relatable and resonates more with me. I just can't relate to the "what if's". It's like I'm trying to create that.

The "I" wants to know it's not. So, it seeks the end of itself. Hurray, there never was an "I". 

36 minutes ago, Princess Arabia said:

That's all relative. You don't know the depth of what people have gone through. Someone in a mansion could suffer for downsizing. Someone in a gutter who knows nothing about living in a mansion could be happy living in the gutter. Noone is talking about invincibility. People know they're not invincible. What is hard life. That relative also. It depends on your resilience. Everyone isn't the same.

Jeez, we need to get out of this suffering pity party, my suffering is bigger than yours!!!

The signs were on the wall.

7 minutes ago, Princess Arabia said:

I know this is your question to Leo, but if I may say, I think people who consider killing themselves want to live they just don't know how.

It depends. The other day I saw an older guy asking for help in a portal. I helped him go up to the 5th floor without elevator. He told me that he hadn't gone down for 2 months because then he couldn't go up. that he went 6 months to a nursing home but that was the horror, and he was there alone, in his apartment.

Edited by Breakingthewall

1 minute ago, Princess Arabia said:

Your "argument", to me, is a little more relatable and resonates more with me. I just can't relate to the "what if's". It's like I'm trying to create that.

It's like some of holykael's negativity rubbed off on leo.

Perfect ad for why the old ways are good for something 

2 minutes ago, josemar said:

Jeez, we need to get out of this suffering pity party, my suffering is bigger than yours!!!

The signs were on the wall.

I was just trying to make a point, how suffering is relative. I'm not in a suffering pity party. We're just having a discussion here.

The "I" wants to know it's not. So, it seeks the end of itself. Hurray, there never was an "I". 

4 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Not bypassing suffering is fully in alignment with being more loving. I don't see a tradeoff here.

The tradeoff seems to be the risk of getting stuck in a mindset of suffering, where you might get stuck in a neverending loop of suffering. 

2 minutes ago, josemar said:

It's like some of holykael's negativity rubbed off on leo.

Perfect ad for why the old ways are good for something 

I believe Holykael knows what he's doing. He's made a name for himself and now he's living up to that identity. It's the confused ones that are more prone. Holykael can just switch at any time. I've seen him say somethings that were mind-blowing coming from him. Never knew he had it in him. We all do, it's just a matter of choice. 

2 minutes ago, Vibroverse said:

The tradeoff seems to be the risk of getting stuck in a mindset of suffering, where you might get stuck in a neverending loop of suffering. 

Well, you want to maintain a generally positive outlook on life. But at the same time have a healthy respect for the suffering people go through.

12 minutes ago, Princess Arabia said:

Yeah, it seems that the idea of law of attraction has some truth to it, and we tend to experience some sort of a reflection of our state of mind, somehow. However, i think we shouldn't use that idea as an excuse of spiritual bypassing, because the psyche is very deep, it is not shallow. 

6 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Well, you want to maintain a generally positive outlook on life. But at the same time have a healthy respect for the suffering people go through.

Exactly, and i wanna do that without losing my own peace and balance. As an analogy, kinda like being a good doctor where you are not suffering about the pain of your patients. You stay strong and in tune, and be able to help them in the best way possible like that. But of course this is a very idealized scenario, much easier said than done. 

Edited by Vibroverse

Just now, Vibroverse said:

Yeah, it seems that the idea of law of attraction has some truth to it, and we tend to experience some sort of a reflection of our state of mind, somehow. However, i think we shouldn't use that idea as an excuse of spiritual bypassing, because the psyche is very deep, it is not shallow. 

Yea, I understand that but there are ways to overcome that, through awareness and love. The LOA is not an idea. The Universe is not just random, there are rules and laws that governs it. Creation is finished even though it's still expanding. The sun doesnt shine only when it feels like it.

@Leo Gura but Leo..in your episode on death you said death is equivalent to "dissolving into an ocean of infinite love " .

So why would you still have fear from it ?

"life is not a problem to be solved ..its a mystery to be lived "

-Osho

8 minutes ago, Someone here said:

@Leo Gura but Leo..in your episode on death you said death is equivalent to "dissolving into an ocean of infinite love " .

It is that. But the body/mind still has an instinctual aversion to it for obvious reasons. When it comes to death and suffering, your logic will be overwhelmed with instinct, and retraining those instincts requires enormous difficult practice.

If you wish yourself to behave counter to all your deepest instincts then what you're talking about is years of hardcore jedi like training. And who knows how far you'll get with that?

Edited by Leo Gura

2 minutes ago, Princess Arabia said:

Yea, I understand that but there are ways to overcome that, through awareness and love. The LOA is not an idea. The Universe is not just random, there are rules and laws that governs it. Creation is finished even though it's still expanding. The sun doesnt shine only when it feels like it.

Yeah sure, i agree with what you are saying. I've been pretty involved in such ideas like hermetic philosophies and law of attraction teachings, and so forth, as my username already probably suggests, but the problem with most contemporary teachers who teach such ideas is that they try to make it look like it is so easy, just think positive thoughts and that's all, etc, but clearly it's not as easy as that in practice. 

3 minutes ago, Someone here said:

3 minutes ago, Someone here said:

Teaching and embodying are two different things. He's still human. A lot of people teach business but yet never owned a business, doesn't mean their teachings aren't effective.

9 minutes ago, Vibroverse said:

Yeah sure, i agree with what you are saying. I've been pretty involved in such ideas like hermetic philosophies and law of attraction teachings, and so forth, as my username already probably suggests, but the problem with most contemporary teachers who teach such ideas is that they try to make it look like it is so easy, just think positive thoughts and that's all, etc, but clearly it's not as easy as that in practice. 

This is why I try to broaden my horizons and contemplate things for myself. Make it make sense to me. Compare my experiences to the teachings. Go within. Somethings i go on by faith, some intuition, some logic, some reason, some by comparison and some I just ignore. I try to only listen to high quality content and subscribe to channels I resonate with. I will also listen to people I don't agree with to not just look for things to just reiterate my own beliefs. Overall, I try to put the pieces together, even though I'm aware of self-deception, the mind games and traps, but you gotta start somewhere.

Edited by Princess Arabia

5 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

It is that. But the body/mind still has an instinctual aversion to it for obvious reasons. When it comes to death and suffering, your logic will be overwhelmed with instinct, and retraining those instinctions would requires enormous difficult practice.

Do you mean the excruciating pain that leads to death is the bad thing ? 

9 minutes ago, Princess Arabia said:

Teaching and embodying are two different things. He's still human. A lot of people teach business but yet never owned a business, doesn't mean their teachings aren't effective.

Yes ..but contemplating death can spur us on to make important changes in our lives. It can make us question whether we’re living a life that’s based on our values  the things that are important to us. But it can also play the opposite role and make us anxious all the time .expecting our death to be near .

"life is not a problem to be solved ..its a mystery to be lived "

-Osho

Welcome to your finite doomed existence 

isn’t it heaven? ?

Edited by Thought Art

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

2 minutes ago, Someone here said:

Do you mean the excruciating pain that leads to death is the bad thing ? 

Yes ..but contemplating death can spur us on to make important changes in our lives. It can make us question whether we’re living a life that’s based on our values  the things that are important to us. But it can also play the opposite role and make us anxious all the time .expecting our death to be near .

"Death" is certain, for the human. Why contemplate it to make changes for the future. Live your life now. Look at your signature....present moment..live in the present because that's all there is.