Shin

Talking Problems

12 posts in this topic

Hi guys/girls,

I need your help concerning a job interview, it's about getting a permanent contract,
Which in my (country) situation,  and when I look about my past, is quite amazing.

It's a pretty basic job (call center operator), but it requires one basic skill that I don't really have, which is simply to talk.
I'm not good at talking, I mean, I can handle a conversation, but often people tells me they didn't heard what I said (this is especially true when I'm on a phonecall).
It's pretty hard for me to find my words, I have the idea of what I want to talk, but not the words.

So what kind of exercices could I do until the interview please ?

I have 5 days left :P

Thank you :)

Edited by Shin

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

@Shin Breathe from your diaphragm.

This is a very good habit in general. It will both set your nervous system to 'calm', and when you speak, your voice will be fuller. It also has a certain added 'conveyance' or 'convincing' effect. For the interview you'll have a cool head and sound like you have more experience behind what you're saying. 

Fun tidbit also, breath as big of breathes as you can into the diaphragm and breathe in & out as slowly as you can - and you'll stretch it out.  The, next time your're driving or whatever, after stretching it, sing from the diaphragm. You might be amazing at how well it works. Change the notes from there, instead of the mouth/throat. 

Good luck on the interview man. You're awesome and they'd be lucky to have you (permanently). If all else fails tell em this....

IMG_0782.JPG

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

Find something to make a speech about and practice it in the mirror, or film yourself, it does wonders at making you more comfortable with this action.

Try joining Toastmasters in your city( if they are present) as a Guest couple times and see whether that is something that could help you. 

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus

@ShinI found that the exercises from Leo's video on How to be funny helped me, it could be that you subconsciously feel like you'll be judged for saying something stupid (or at least that was what happened in my case). This exercise will probably help you in particular: Sit in a quiet place and think of something. Then use the last word to form a new sentence, this will release mental filters over time. 

Good luck man you got this! :D

Edited by Bebop

Journaling helps a lot with spontaneity. Start describing stuff in your journal.

By the way I have this same problem too. I think it's an executive function issue or something that remained underdeveloped since childhood. 

I frequently deal with articulation issues. I feel like I want to say something but I cannot get the words to illustrate it the way I want. And then I find someone using all the exact words and writing a long conversationalist essay to express their point and I am left wondering why I couldn't have done the same. 

1. Only ONE path is true. Rest is noise
  2. God is beauty, rest is Ugly 

@Shin confidence. You have thoughts that screw you? Like: i sound stupid, what do they think when i say that...... etc?

On 25/03/2017 at 7:18 AM, Bob84 said:

@Shin confidence. You have thoughts that screw you? Like: i sound stupid, what do they think when i say that...... etc?

In those situations, it can happen, but these thoughts makes me laugh ^^

@Sevi There is two interview, one tomorrow, one the 6th april.

@Sevi ^^

Edited by Shin

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

I like to take a extra half-second before i speak, doing so will make you able to focus on your pronunciation and if you want add emotion. You can also emphasize on extra important  words(even if it's not necessary,from a grammatical sense). This will make you sound clearer, more relaxed and confident.

But do not take to long or you'll sound stupid.;)