StarStruck

Why should something be loved?

11 posts in this topic

People talk about "inherent value" of people and shit. I always ask "based on what?" and I never got a clever answer. What do you guys think?

like all spiritual stuff, NOT doing it is to your downfall not theirs

all is you but not conversely

Any answer to that question would put a condition on love, which isn't necessary. Love isn't an effect requiring a cause. It's hard to understand with the mind because the mind is used to understanding the relationship between cause and effect. 

Loving someone else is to Love oneself. It is rewarding in itself. It is simply the way.

Love Loves Love!

life is much more beautiful, easier, tolerable, productive when you love and are being loved

VS

when you aren't being loved and not a loving person.

Edited by Lila9

Let Love In

6 hours ago, StarStruck said:

People talk about "inherent value" of people and shit. I always ask "based on what?"

They both make a great fertilizer.

On 7/28/2023 at 4:27 PM, tuku747 said:

Loving someone else is to Love oneself. It is rewarding in itself. It is simply the way.

Love Loves Love!

Simply beautiful. 

You are a selfless LACK OF APPEARANCE, that CONSTRUCTS AN APPEARANCE. But that appearance can disappear and reappear and we call that change, we call it time, we call it space, we call it distance, we call distinctness, we call it other. But notice...this appearance, is a SELF. A SELF IS A CONSTRUCTION!!! 

So if you want to know the TRUTH OF THE CONSTRUCTION. Just deconstruct the construction!!!! No point in playing these mind games!!! No point in creating needless complexity!!! The truth of what you are is a BLANK!!!! A selfless awareness....then that means there is NO OTHER, and everything you have ever perceived was JUST AN APPEARANCE, A MIRAGE, AN ILLUSION, IMAGINARY. 

Everything that appears....appears out of a lack of appearance/void/no-thing, non-sense (can't be sensed because there is nothing to sense). That is what you are, and what arises...is made of that. So nonexistence, arises/creates existence. And thus everything is solved.

@StarStruck what even is your definition of “Love”?

“I once tried to explain existential dread to my toaster, but it just popped up and said, "Same."“ -Gemini AI

On 28-7-2023 at 11:15 PM, cetus said:

They both make a great fertilizer.

LoL

18 minutes ago, Yimpa said:

@StarStruck what even is your definition of “Love”?

Flowers in the stomach 

When you strip away everything and see the oneness between you and another, and then bring in your ego and see that it too, is one with the other, you'll feel love as is natural. Feeling love is the natural state, everything else is on top of it for survival reasons. You don't need a reason to love. You don't need to see any inherent value or redeeming qualities within someone to love them, that's bullshit.