Someone here

Accept God in its all gory details

85 posts in this topic

Just now, Someone here said:

About what exactly? 

@Someone here Your views expressed in your original post. Are you intellectually theorizing about what you think is the case? Or have you had a direct experience which inspires your views?

Be-Do-Have

You have to play the cards you're dealt

There is no failure, only feedback

13 minutes ago, Ulax said:

@Someone here Your views expressed in your original post. Are you intellectually theorizing about what you think is the case? Or have you had a direct experience which inspires your views?

Mostly using intellect.

intellectual awakening..is taking one of the many forms of cognition ..namely reason..and elevating it above everything else.. using it to reach truths of reality by oneself.. or..being intellectually awakened to truths of reality through your very own logical capabilities.. which is possible.

You don't need profound degrees of awakening to understand that God doesn't give a fuck if you have sex with a goat or if you murder someone for no reason. 

"life is not a problem to be solved ..its a mystery to be lived "

-Osho

4 minutes ago, Someone here said:

You don't need profound degrees of awakening to understand that God doesn't give a fuck if you have sex with a goat or if you murder someone for no reason. 

@Someone here I dunno dude. It just sounds like nihilism in fancy language to me if you don't have the direct experience.

Be-Do-Have

59 minutes ago, Hojo said:

@Inliytened1 No that he is not in control of whether he is happy so any amount of trying to explain wont do it until it happens from god.

Free will exists even if it is ultimately God's will.

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

6 minutes ago, Ulax said:

@Someone here I dunno dude. It just sounds like nihilism in fancy language to me if you don't have the direct experience.

awakening is just Nihilism taken to its ultimate conclusion.  

Heard of Schopenhauer ?

He was a nihilist.  And like every nihilist he believed that human existence is a mistake or something that is not ought to be. And it's like he is not  pulling this stuff out of his ass ...he basically dealed with the problem of suffering.

But I'm saying life is worth living If you read through the entire thread.  Yes life is pointless and filled with suffering. But only when you are in ego mode resisting everything. When you surrender you will be completely satisfied. 

1 hour ago, Ulax said:

-Osho

@Someone here Imo, awakening and nihilism are very different.

Nihilism is the place of the intellect. Awakening, to my understanding, has to be directly experienced

46 minutes ago, Someone here said:

And like every nihilist he believed that human existence is a mistake or something that is not ought to be.

I disagree with that. I'd class myself as a nihilist. However, I don't believe human existence is a mistake or something that ought not to be.

I'd class those kind of views as more coming under pessimism or anti-natalism categories of thinking. 

----

That said, I like your thinking about surrendering as a path to the good life. Interesting thoughts dude.

Edited by Ulax

Be-Do-Have

9 hours ago, Someone here said:

What makes you think you are not consciously creating existence?  Inspect any object around you ..aren't you projecting it out if your eyes as you look at it ? Science literally tells us that conscious observation creates reality .

You can't control most of your experience so in case you are creating it, it's obviously not consciously and intentionally.

Even if the world were projected out of your eyes, it wouldn't automatically mean that your are doing it deliberately. 

Science says your bubble of phenomena is created by a brain, not by you. You  can't control what it creates.

If it is true that conscious observation creates reality, then that's still something very different from deliberate intention

8 hours ago, Inliytened1 said:

@GreenWoods reality is structured this way to make it real- and juicy.   If someone just gave you the cheat codes it wouldn't be real.

No one who experiences intense suffering cares about juiciness and realness.

Even if you argue that realness and juiciness could justify human level suffering to any extend, it certainly doesn't justify more extreme horrors in infinity.

An omnipotent reality could obviously create a paradise that is perfect, which means you have all the realness and juciness you want.

Even if you say that genuine realness and juiceness requires some level of suffering, then that requirement is obviously a limitation and specific to humans. In a paradise such limits obviously wouldn't exist. 

@Ulax why are you a nihilist? 

-Osho

6 hours ago, GreenWoods said:

You can't control most of your experience so in case you are creating it, it's obviously not consciously and intentionally.

Even if the world were projected out of your eyes, it wouldn't automatically mean that your are doing it deliberately. 

Science says your bubble of phenomena is created by a brain, not by you. You  can't control what it creates.

If it is true that conscious observation creates reality, then that's still something very different from deliberate intention

We could argue about this endlessly. 

The bottom line is this ..when you see an object..the very act of seeing it is created by you or your brain if you will ..it's like the classic "if a tree falls in the woods and there was no one around observing it ..then does it make a sound ?". Quantum Physics literally shows the electrons are being made by the act of observation.  

Also..there is no such thing as the subconscious mind . Because dreams aren't created by unconscious mind ..but via consciousness.  Just like the waking state. 

If you realize you are 100% responsible for creating everything around you ..then you should be careful with polluting your mind with toxic ideas because that will make them more likely to happen . That's my advice to Holykael  .

-Osho

3 minutes ago, Someone here said:

We could argue about this endlessly. 

The bottom line is this ..when you see an object..the very act of seeing it is created by you or your brain if you will ..it's like the classic "if a tree falls in the woods and there was no one around observing it ..then does it make a sound ?". Quantum Physics literally shows the electrons are being made by the act of observation.  

Also..there is no such thing as the subconscious mind . Because dreams aren't created by unconscious mind ..but via consciousness.  Just like the waking state. 

If you realize you are 100% responsible for creating everything around you ..then you should be careful with polluting your mind with toxic ideas because that will make them more likely to happen . That's my advice to Holykael  .

Where did you get that from "There's no such thing as the subconscious mind".

There is no beginning, there is no end. There is just Simply This. 

10 minutes ago, Princess Arabia said:

Where did you get that from "There's no such thing as the subconscious mind".

Well..Can you point to it ?

-Osho

Just now, Someone here said:

Well..Can you point to it ?

Thats a silly notion. Can you point to the conscious mind. Can you point at a thought. Can you point at an idea. Can you point at a concept. Can you point at an assumption. Can you point at anything abstract.

13 minutes ago, Princess Arabia said:

Thats a silly notion. Can you point to the conscious mind. Can you point at a thought. Can you point at an idea. Can you point at a concept. Can you point at an assumption. Can you point at anything abstract.

Consciousness is not abstract . Consciousness is literally everything that you are experiencing right now . 

So if you asked me to point to Consciousness..I can simply point at any thing in my visual field and that would be me pointing at Consciousness. 

The subconscious on the other hand is what's abstract like a thought. And of course you can't point to it .

Now Of course.. I do use the word “unconscious” ..but only to describe certain conditions or the quality of my or other people's behaviours. I might tell you that “John is currently unconscious”.. for the sake of describing his present condition. Or I might tell you that “Last night..at that party.. I was behaving rather unconsciously”.. all in an effort to have my behaviour be excused as that is not how I usually am.

However..all in all..the idea that the mind is inherently divided into three or any number of parts does not resonate with me. In fact.. to me..finding certain activities happening rather unconsciously within yourself would be the equivalent of you simply walking down the road with your eyes closed. That's it. You're unconscious for as long as you keep your eyes closed..but inherently speaking you are a full blown Conscious-Mind and nothing less. 

-Osho

Accept God in all her sexy curves 

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

5 minutes ago, Vibes said:

@Someone here You're clever as hell man. But direct consciousness / Consciousness beats all this logic and intellectualization.

The day you literally become God's head you'll see the difference.

Thanks. 

And have you been to there before (the Godhead)?:)

3 minutes ago, Thought Art said:

Accept God in all her sexy curves 

I prefer a pretty face over a sexy body ? 

-Osho

4 minutes ago, Someone here said:

Consciousness is not abstract . Consciousness is literally everything that you are experiencing right now . 

So if you asked me to point to Consciousness..I can simply point at any thing in my visual field and that would be me pointing at Consciousness. 

The subconscious on the other hand is what's abstract like a thought. And of course you can't point to it .

Now Of course.. I do use the word “unconscious” ..but only to describe certain conditions or the quality of my or other people's behaviours. I might tell you that “John is currently unconscious”.. for the sake of describing his present condition. Or I might tell you that “Last night..at that party.. I was behaving rather unconsciously”.. all in an effort to have my behaviour be excused as that is not how I usually am.

However..all in all..the idea that the mind is inherently divided into three or any number of parts does not resonate with me. In fact.. to me..finding certain activities happening rather unconsciously within yourself would be the equivalent of you simply walking down the road with your eyes closed. That's it. You're unconscious for as long as you keep your eyes closed..but inherently speaking you are a full blown Conscious-Mind and nothing less. 

Consciousness cannot be pointed to because it is what's doing the pointing. You as consciousness is pointing to what's appearing out of consciousness. There's so much wrong with what you said it would take a whole video to try to explain the misconceptions, but the bottom line is, the subconscious is what's controlling the show. You don't need to use the conscious mind to walk, you do it automatically because it's already programmed within you, however, you need the conscious mind to think and reason. The subconscious doesn't think or reason and it is illogical. It accepts whatever it's been programmed with. Being unconscious because of lack of being physically conscious and unable to function consciously is different from operating from a subconscious level. Most of your daily activities and bodily functions are being operated from a subconscious level. You don't consciously make your heart beat, it's the subconscious that's doing that. Your decision making, beliefs and thought processes is due to your subconscious programming.  Walking down the street closed-eyed is not an unconscious activity, it's just an activity. 

There are different stages and states to consciousness and you're only operating at any given moment from a certain level and nothing beyond that. Raise the level, and now you're operating from a different level. You cannot operate from a level that's higher than your current level.

24 minutes ago, Someone here said:

I prefer a pretty face over a sexy body ? 

I myself am a student of holism. 

I need the whole package.

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

1 hour ago, Someone here said:

The bottom line is this ..when you see an object..the very act of seeing it is created by you or your brain if you will ..

The brain creates what you see. 

That means YOU don't create what you see.

(It's done involuntarily by your brain, not deliberately and consciously by you)

Again, your argument was that reality is good because it can decide what to create and experience and therefore creates only good.

But that is undermined by the duality between creator and experiencer.

Edited by GreenWoods

34 minutes ago, Someone here said:

And have you been to there before (the Godhead)?:)

Of course, and I’m sure others here have to. Otherwise we wouldn’t be talking about it constantly xD

Imagine being so conscious that not only are you the only ONE in existence; EVERYTHING is YOU! But not in some cute human way.
You literally are way way way beyond human at such a high consciousness. It’s no joke, and chances are it will freak you the fuck out the first time you experience this. This is probably what Leo mean by going Alien Insane.

“I once tried to explain existential dread to my toaster, but it just popped up and said, "Same."“ -Gemini AI