SQAAD

Leo What Do You Mean We are Entitled?

12 posts in this topic

Leo you say in this video multiple times that we humans are so entitled . I do not understand what you mean. Could you please elaborate some more?

You make it seem like we don't deserve the beautiful things God has created.

There are 2 kinds of people: consumers or contributors. You reap what you sow. Ideally, a person finds the right equilibrium between those two. 

If someone doesn't understand this, they are too much into being a consumer. 

What you resist, persists and less of you exists. There is a part of you that never leaves. You are not in; you have never been. You know. You put it there and time stretches. 

We lack the fundamental gratitude for life itself when our expectations of our selves and others can be boiled down to checking the cultural boxes of what we are "suppose" to do with life.

These days people tend to be quite spoiled and expect to not have to work hard for things. People expect stuff like free housing, free healthcare, a good career, a hot girlfriend, etc without insane work.

Edited by Leo Gura

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

5 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

These days people tend to be quite spoiled and expect to not have to work hard for things. People expect stuff like free housing, free healthcare, a good career, a hot girlfriend, etc without insane work.

Dont you think that the opportunities are shrinking with growing population?

You can work hard in todays world, and be sure to receive less than the prior generations standard.

The opportunity to work hard for the sake of working hard, has always been true though. And that usually amounts to some sort of success.

29 minutes ago, ZzzleepingBear said:

Dont you think that the opportunities are shrinking with growing population?

You can work hard in todays world, and be sure to receive less than the prior generations standard.

I doubt that's true.

The biggest obstacle I think is that distraction and nonsense has increased a lot. It's easier than ever to just waste your life online doing nothing.

Edited by Leo Gura

@Leo Gura

56 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

I doubt that's true.

The biggest obstacle I think is that distraction and nonsense has increased a lot. It's easier than ever to just waste your life online doing nothing.

This reminds me of this podcast between Destiny and Patrick Bet Dave:

https://www.youtube.com/live/EvDmaZcCBak?feature=share

Even though I don't like PBD, and sometimes Destiny, here he's right in bringing up the online monetization of trolling and drama making digitally even if it's bad faith. In fact it must sting for Destiny a bit inside because he doubled down into making streaming, gaming, online political commentary and debate bro stuff, so that sunk cost fallacy and attachments his ego has constructed will be very difficult to untangle. In a sense PBD is right that he's wasting time, and right in his implication that Destiny is poisoning the younger generation by encouraging them into these dramas and distractions. That's tough!

PBD still has low takes politically due to his libertarian bias, and anti mainstream anti establishment values. Still good work ethics and business guy, putting aside tbe mln scheme.

6 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

I doubt that's true.

Yeah, that sure is a big big part of it.

But I suspect that the risk of getting lost in endless media consumption is partly because the nonsense online is influenced from the shrinking lack of sense that is happening out there as well. 

There may be new kind of oppertunities out there, but they may also be more niche and make less sense for anyone outside those groups.

What I mean with less oppertunities is basically that you dont start to work at McDonalds and expect to buy yourself a big nice house with two cars after 3 years of har work there.. Or ever. But the peak certainly was like that, and many old folks stil put some of those old standard as a expectation on the young to this day. 

Thoughts?

On 7/25/2023 at 4:41 PM, Leo Gura said:

We are now in the middle of a housing affordability crisis. The baby boomers during the mid to late 1900s had it much easier with being able to afford some basic housing.

How do you reconcile the idea that no one is entitled to free healthcare with the fact that you've already talked many times before about how abhorrent it is that the US is still the only advanced country in the world that still doesn't have a universal healthcare system due to the corruption of the healthcare cartel and unchecked capitalism in America?  

Also, what about the fact that the poor, the working class, and the middle class have increasingly become victims of the growing economic inequality in the US due to neoliberalism? Most of these people are either barely able to live paycheck to paycheck or are not gonna make it due to a number of factors outside of their control. I don't see how all of these people out there in America who absolutely deserve better can ever live a comfortable happy life these days so long as neoliberalism continues to exist.

Furthermore, it's getting harder and harder and harder for men to even get a mediocre gf or wife let alone get laid with or even date an attractive woman for most men than it was back before both the boom of the internet/media technology and the waves of feminism. Women are naturally pickier than men in the dating world. Online dating/dating apps, instagram/facebook, the third or fourth waves of feminism, etc. have all made women incredibly more picky than ever before. The fertility rates in western countries might very well decline to such unprecedented low levels that would seriously threaten both the national security and advanced economy of each and every first world country in the world. Moreover the violence from incels and aggrieved men could rise to such untold horrific levels.

How about so many of the other kinds of crises that are still going on out there in the US that most Americans have tragically become victims of through no fault of their own? I fear that dark days may be ahead for Gen X, Millenials, Gen Z, and younger.

Edited by Hardkill

Income inequality is def a problem. The middle class has been gutted. It ain't the 1960's anymore.

But there are still so many opportunities to work hard and make millions. More money is made today than ever. All you need is to get a small piece of the pie.

Edited by Leo Gura

Then maybe it's fair to assume that the traditional jobs and values is reduced in favour of a new faster economy based more in socially shifting trends?

Digital entertainment is for example the more affordable option to be engaged in, to various degree, rather than to partake and invest in real hobbies and stuff with their increasing costs. 

billions of claimed value in crypto, can shift from one day to another and can create disruption in any field depending how it's used, and that is also a big part in the creation of invented money that comes with real consequences.

With reduced opportunities in more traditional values, a new and more reckless economy seem to take its place with a whole new set of opportunities and strength in competitivness. So there may always be ways to make alot of money as long there are shifting trends, and a growing mass of more and more desperate people.