Danioover9000

A Destiny and Zizek talk.

10 posts in this topic

Pretty good, covers some truths talked here, although both sides have their own biases. What are your thoughts, feelings, and first impressions of this?

Also am body language analyzing the two here, their tonality and word choices and it's interesting so far.

@Recursoinominado

1 hour ago, Recursoinominado said:

Zizek is an inspiration for all non-native english speakers lol

?

While I don't like the quality of his voice, he's got decent tonality and very active body language, lots of left hand activity and illustrators/signifiers using his left hand, emphasizing certain word choices. Generally very animated, with moments of self soothing behaviors touching his beard then neck then his collar and parts of his T-shirt, back to his beard/nose/forehead, just very energetic and animated.

Compared to Destiny's general body language and tonality, his body seems to not want to be there, looking at how his shoulders slump slightly, his hands in a prayer or closed together between his legs, as if protecting his crotch, seems very supplicative and submissive and defensive, just doesn't want to be there. Interesting that because he's a gamer/streamer/political commentator and debater bro, that his speaking is calm and fast, even, and some good illustrators with his hands, a few micro expressions on certain words. However, after he's done speaking he resumes that submissive sheltering posture on his seat.

I don't know about the rainbow woman to Zizek's right, but she's more focused on talking about spirituality and new age thinking topics, first changings topics and tries to connect the gamification and gaming of life to spirituality IMO is jarring, also tonality and body language supplicative and empathy seeking. In fact I deeply hate the interviewer here as she did a piss poor job trying to control the framing of this interview/panel discussion, trying to sell us repeatedly that this talk is a debate, when it's nothing like a debate, dumb blonde. Also nervous energy at times for no reason. 

Edited by Danioover9000

I didn't watch the video yet, I find Zizek an interesting person. It's nice hearing someone talk about political systems and Eastern worldviews from someone who actually lived in them.

It gets kind of patronizing listening to modern Marxist Americans talk about all these things from the comfort of growing up in Western Capitalism where they've never gone hungry a day in their life.

It's more informative to hear things straight from the horses mouth rather than from some adversary or analyst.

hrhrhtewgfegege

@Roy

Just now, Roy said:

I didn't watch the video yet, I find Zizek an interesting person. It's nice hearing someone talk about political systems and Eastern worldviews from someone who actually lived in them.

It gets kind of patronizing listening to modern Marxist Americans talk about all these things from the comfort of growing up in Western Capitalism where they've never gone hungry a day in their life.

It's more informative to hear things straight from the horses mouth rather than from some adversary or analyst.

Agreed, better speak from first person experiences, with some second hand knowledge, rather than from mostly if not completely from second hand knowledge or from mostly ideological talking points.

With Zizek though, he needs to improve more his speaking, that lisp or whatever is in his voice is triggering me, but other than his tone his overall communication is animated and energetic, I could guess he's a left handed person because he illustrates so often with his left hand. I know that certain word choices or loaded terms he says he quickly gives these self soothing gestures, touching his beard/neck/T-shirts parts/back to his neck or nose or forehead, so interesting. I assume these energetic gestures and jittering from his head and shoulders and hands is part of baseline, or his idiosyncratic behavior.

Zizek is like a dog who learned to talk and read philosophy.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@Leo Gura

8 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Zizek is like a dog who learned to talk and read philosophy.

I see, very...interesting metaphor.

Also, because this video is copywrite claimed by the Institute of Art and Ideas(Although the video that was shown was by them, so I don't know why there's this copywrite claim) and cannot be viewed for context, this thread is probably done for.

22 hours ago, Danioover9000 said:

Pretty good, covers some truths talked here, although both sides have their own biases. What are your thoughts, feelings, and first impressions of this?

Also am body language analyzing the two here, their tonality and word choices and it's interesting so far.

My theory: Destiny contacted his dog piling gang, mass reporting this video with fake accounts by this institute of arts and science with copywrite claims.

@Nabd

2 hours ago, Nabd said:

I did not watch the whole thing but you can find some bits on YT and I think Zizek has a very interesting idea that the more you go within the more shit you find and that to find ourselves we have to go outside not within, so you are your mask and any other idea about removing the mask is just bullshit.

Zizek cuts like a hot knife through butter, he doesn't operate on the same wave length as other philosophers and intellectuals and I think more people will take him seriously only some couple of hundred years from now.

I agree, he seems to be the exact opposite of Destiny in this case: Building lie upon lie and making it all very sophisticated in his mind.

I don't know why they would copyright claim their own video though?