Sabth

How to make money if I hv no experience at all in this?

26 posts in this topic

How to make money or how to start a career

I don't wanna be just staying at home. How can I get out of this? 

I wanna have a decent career. I've been doing nothing for too long. 

Edited by Sabth

1 hour ago, Phil King said:

mcdonalds.jpg

I am not good at this either. 

You are stuck in a cycle of apathy, depression, and inaction. Its basically impossible for you to make the jump right to a meaningful career. You must first get angry at where you are at and then use that energy to propel you forward to something you actually want to do. Work an actual job where you have some sort of impact for at least a few days. In my personal experience, I worked at a grocery store for 3 days and hated it so much that I quit and then worked even harder at finding a real purpose.

levelsofenergy.png

There was a job I think I'm gonna be good at, but that too I'm afraid that it would be too much for me. Or I'm afraid to apply for it because it's working long hours (12hours a day) . What if I couldn't make it? 

I don't think I have depression I'm just bored. And don't know what to do with life. As I got nothing to do.

Edited by Sabth

Theres a TON....of quality resources out there however, it is easily diluted by all the "Get rich" BS because typically people with money problems are among the most desperate and easy targets for scams/schemes. 

That said, I'd advise:

- Think "Money is simply a commodity used to transact goods and services"; Due a bit of research into "Money" & Economics for a fundamental understanding

- identify strengths/skills you have based on your experiences thus far and how you could offer that value into the marketplace so that people will pay for it (monetization)

- A career isn't built over night and learning how to make money is a skill that also takes time as well, Think "Process, not an Event". You may not (PROBABLY won't) see "results instantly" and thats ok because you should frame it as the beginning of a journey where success is simply a matter of iterations.

If you ACTUALLY want it, Take f****ng action. DON'T BS yourself!!! Good luck.

I really want to start going to a university again... 

Do you have a LinkedIn profile? 

Do you have a CV? 

↑ start there if you even want to be invited for an interview. If the problem is that "I have nothing to put on my CV" - well, that can be fixed as well but you may need to start with an internship or a lower paid position to gain exp 

Edited by Michael569

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus

Just start taking action. Don’t worry about the what if’s just focus on getting experience and breaking your pattern of inaction.

Each step leads to the next one. 

Edited by Thought Art

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

14 hours ago, Sabth said:

Money = Fish

Do you want to hunt your own fish or learn how to please someone WHO GIVES YOU fish? Choose wisely.

I had people calling me filling up a survey for a part time job. Where you go to a gas station and pretend to be a customer to fill up a survey. And for each station you go up to you'll get 10$. Idk it just felt like a whole new thing. I turn it down. I apply for a random part time job and got this call. 

On 23/07/2023 at 4:29 PM, Sabth said:

I am not good at this either. 

Did your father emotionally abandon you? Or set a bad example?

Where's the warrior spirit?

Regardless, if you don't feel you're competent enough for a gas station / mcdonald's job, you've got really low self esteem, best thing to do is to

1) get angry and use that anger to take action, like other people suggested (this resigned defeated attitude is not going to cut it),

2) do some basic personal development shit, develop your vision, check Leo's 2014 videos,

3) get referred to a therapist and get some CBT,

4) make friends with men who are on the right track and have a stronger spirit you can learn from

Edited by flowboy

Learn to resolve trauma. Together.

Testimonials thread: www.actualized.org/forum/topic/82672-experience-collection-childhood-aware-life-purpose-coaching/

On 8/3/2023 at 4:59 PM, flowboy said:

Did your father emotionally abandon you? Or set a bad example?

Where's the warrior spirit?

Regardless, if you don't feel you're competent enough for a gas station / mcdonald's job, you've got really low self esteem, best thing to do is to

1) get angry and use that anger to take action, like other people suggested (this resigned defeated attitude is not going to cut it),

2) do some basic personal development shit, develop your vision, check Leo's 2014 videos,

3) get referred to a therapist and get some CBT,

4) make friends with men who are on the right track and have a stronger spirit you can learn from

I don't know.  My father only works we're not close. My mom didn't work. 

Idk. I want work to fill up my time. Rather than doing nothing. 

Edited by Sabth

On 26/07/2023 at 1:00 PM, Sabth said:

This

If you dont understand, you're not twisted enough.

2 hours ago, Schizophonia said:

This

Yes. I think so too.

I've been doing nothing. And that's where I stop. 

On 7/26/2023 at 7:26 PM, Michael569 said:

Do you have a LinkedIn profile? 

Do you have a CV? 

↑ start there if you even want to be invited for an interview. If the problem is that "I have nothing to put on my CV" - well, that can be fixed as well but you may need to start with an internship or a lower paid position to gain exp 

I may have a foundation studies certificate but it got stolen. And I hadn't had a copy of it (since this would be my first time creating a CV)

And high school had been a long time ago. 

On 7/27/2023 at 8:35 AM, Thought Art said:

Just start taking action. Don’t worry about the what if’s just focus on getting experience and breaking your pattern of inaction.

Each step leads to the next one. 

What are you skilled at? What's something you enjoy doing? (Doesn't have to be work)

3 hours ago, Richard Purdy said:

What are you skilled at? What's something you enjoy doing? (Doesn't have to be work)

I used to be good at video editing but I don't think I could do that for work. And it has been a long time since I last doing it so... It might be harder to start again.. 

6 minutes ago, Richard Purdy said:

@Sabth What did you enjoy doing as a kid?

Skating. And film making.