jdc7733

I just don’t connect with people.

30 posts in this topic

Just now, Yimpa said:

Share it on here if you can. I’m assuming it’s a YouTube video.

Not youtube. I'll share in pm rather

Those you do not forgive you fear. 

10 hours ago, Salvijus said:

It means to experience some sense of union and embrace between to people. Where two people are no longer defensive, pretentious, no mask, no nothing. Just trust, vulnerability, openess, and allowence. When you meet a person you feel that you can totally trust and be open with. You become vulnerable, and it leads to intimacy, "nakedness" so to speak, then the joy of union is born and usually it's called love chemistry. Or deep friendship chemistry. I think that would be my definition of connectedness.

And the reson laughter and jokes work well to connect with people bc it opens people up. It makes them drop their guard down. To become vulnerable. It fosters trust. Without these things no connection is possible. Suspiciousness, doubt, waryness, fear, is what pushes people away and create boundaries to feel safe. But it also isolates us. Love brakes all boundaries and love is what connects us in the end.

I can imagine how that’s like but no actual experience of it 

1 hour ago, Sugarcoat said:

I can imagine how that’s like but no actual experience of it 

That’s understandable. Intimate relationships will test your limits. You wouldn’t want to experience the kind of horror I went through yesterday after I became completely vulnerable to a couple people I’m close with.

But what comes out of that horror is beauty and renewal. 

“I once tried to explain existential dread to my toaster, but it just popped up and said, "Same."“ -Gemini AI

11 minutes ago, Yimpa said:

That’s understandable. Intimate relationships will test your limits. You wouldn’t want to experience the kind of horror I went through yesterday after I became completely vulnerable to a couple people I’m close with.

Crazy how many similarities I find

Two times recently , this evening for exmample I’ve held back tears from people close to me and wondered what would happen if I just let it all out no matter who sees it. How would I deal with that, what would it reveal to me etc 

Edited by Sugarcoat

55 minutes ago, Yimpa said:

Could you elaborate more on this? I don't doubt that there's beauty and renewal at the end...but some kind of description of it would be nice so that I know what to look for

Edited by Osaid

"God is not a conclusion, it is a sudden revelation. When you see a rose it is not that you go through a logical solipsism, "This is a rose, and roses are beautiful, so this must be beautiful." The moment you see it, the head stops spinning thoughts. On the contrary, your heart starts beating faster. It is something totally different from the idea of truth." -Osho

@Osaid Thank you for asking… your question led me to contemplate what I’ve been going through these past couple weeks, and then I discover these articles on Wikipedia.

I was diagnosed with autism 10 years, so I’m quite surprised that I’ve never heard of these terms before! (these articles may also be useful to you @Sugarcoat @NoSelfSelf) :

I’ve been dealing with these at greater intensity, ever since the forum has been going bananas from the whole Alien Insanity fiasco. I don’t regret it one bit, because my relationship with my father and significant other have been a lot more open and honest. But again, this didn’t come easy at all. They both suffered with me through my ordeal, and supported me to the very end.

In short, it’s like taking a strong psychedelic; autism is a powerful psychedelic.

“I once tried to explain existential dread to my toaster, but it just popped up and said, "Same."“ -Gemini AI

46 minutes ago, Yimpa said:

I don’t regret it one bit, because my relationship with my father and significant other have been a lot more open and honest. But again, this didn’t come easy at all. They both suffered with me through my ordeal, and supported me to the very end.

That's good to hear. Thanks for explaining.

Edited by Osaid

"God is not a conclusion, it is a sudden revelation. When you see a rose it is not that you go through a logical solipsism, "This is a rose, and roses are beautiful, so this must be beautiful." The moment you see it, the head stops spinning thoughts. On the contrary, your heart starts beating faster. It is something totally different from the idea of truth." -Osho

12 hours ago, Salvijus said:

Dancing can help. By yourself in your room. To shake off all that stiffness, self-judgement, fearful, deeply rooted self-sabotaging patterns that block us from freely expressing ourselves. It becomes very clear how much of that we have when we begin to dance lol.

And if one is crazy enough, you can try dancing with another person. When one becomes comfortable dancing with different people unprepared, most if not all socializing problems get solved i believe. Bc dancing and socializing is not any different really. Same energy.

@jdc7733 this would probably apply to you aswell.

Wow. I'm moved by this. That you would go this far to overcome those blocks.

Omg dude I do this all the time? it is truly like that in a way