bensenbiz

More Consciousness = More Ego

44 posts in this topic

5 minutes ago, Ulax said:

Essentially if you want to strengthen the ego you want to do meditations which are mostly centred around placing your awareness on inner sensory experiences, i.e. thought, rather than outer sensory experiences, i.e. sound, sight.

You indirectly answered my question as well, thanks!

“Every sunrise is an invitation to brighten the world with your own unique light.“ - ChatGPT

14 minutes ago, Yimpa said:

@Ulax Any tips on how to meditate while dealing with pain? I’ve been exploring feeling into the pain rather than suppressing it, but it’s very challenging.

@Yimpa Hiya, yep. I would recommend trying out Shinzen Young's 'note gone' technique on the painful sensory experiences

"Whenever all or part of a sensory experience suddenly disappears note that. By note I mean clearly acknowledge when you detect the transition point between all of it being present and at least some of it no longer being present. If you wish, you can use a mental label to help you note. The label for any such sudden ending is “Gone.” If nothing vanishes for a while, that’s fine. Just hang out until something does. If you start worrying about the fact that nothing is ending, note each time that thought ends. That’s a “Gone.” If you have a lot of mental sentences, you’ll have a lot of mental periods – full stops, Gones!" - Shinzen Young

Here is the full article

https://www.shinzen.org/wp-content/uploads/2016/12/art_PowerofGone.pdf

I've also attached Shinzen's dynamic labelling system. You can play around with labelling 'gone' using different intensities of labels, and see what helps you be with the painful sensations with most ease in the moment.

Screenshot 2023-07-17 100448.png

Be-Do-Have

You have to play the cards you're dealt

There is no failure, only feedback

1 minute ago, Yimpa said:

You indirectly answered my question as well, thanks!

@Yimpa You're welcome mate

Be-Do-Have

3 minutes ago, bensenbiz said:

Right now, when I meditate I switch between listening to outter sounds, being aware of the sensations touching my body and sometimes focusing on my breath.

i guess focusing on my breath would be the inner sensory experience?

@bensenbiz To my understanding, Shinzen would class focusing on breath to be an outer sensory experience. He classes physical body sensations, which would include breath sensations, as being an outer feel sensory experience. Whilst the inner feel sensory experience would be your emotional sensations.

Be-Do-Have

6 minutes ago, Ulax said:

@bensenbiz To my understanding, Shinzen would class focusing on breath to be an outer sensory experience. He classes physical body sensations, which would include breath sensations, as being an outer feel sensory experience. Whilst the inner feel sensory experience would be your emotional sensations.

Are there always emotional sensations tho?

2 minutes ago, bensenbiz said:

Are there always emotional sensations tho?

@bensenbiz I'm not sure. I deal with pretty severe emotional numbness, so I don't know what the norm is.

Be-Do-Have

1 minute ago, Ulax said:

@bensenbiz I'm not sure. I deal with pretty severe emotional numbness, so I don't know what the norm is.

This reminds me of an old therapist of mine. At the beginning of one of our sessions. I noticed that she was talking as if she lost her voice. She explained to me that she actually came back from a retreat. She went to one where they did a bunch of screaming and yelling. I suppose the point was to let out suppressed emotions. 

Perhaps you’re interested in trying that?

The second option might be laughing yoga.

“Every sunrise is an invitation to brighten the world with your own unique light.“ - ChatGPT

This reminds me of an old therapist of mine. At the beginning of one of our sessions. I noticed that she was talking as if she lost her voice. She explained to me that she actually came back from a retreat. She went to one where they did a bunch of screaming and yelling. I suppose the point was to let out suppressed emotions. 

Perhaps you’re interested in trying that?

The second option might be laughing yoga.

@Yimpa Thanks. Reminds of an exercise I used to do as part of a method acting class which involved sort of yelling to try and access blocked emotions. lol. 

Be-Do-Have

2 minutes ago, Ulax said:

Thanks. Reminds of an exercise I used to do as part of a method acting class which involved sort of yelling to try and access blocked emotions. lol. 

Damn, I did that too, a lot,  also an actor here. It was basically personal growth so that‘s how I got started with spirituality, by studying acting

1 minute ago, bensenbiz said:

Damn, I did that too, a lot,  also an actor here. It was basically personal growth so that‘s how I got started with spirituality, by studying acting

@bensenbiz Same, re doing it for personal growth. I started it based off advice from a youtuber called David Tian a few years back.

Be-Do-Have

6 minutes ago, bensenbiz said:

So studying yourself ;)

So studying yourself ;)

Yeah in order to be a proper actor, one needs to be relaxed and confident in himself: which is the same like being actualized or healed. Getting rid of tension and fear. 

@bensenbiz study all you can about Boundaries. Even videos from Leo about Gaslighting,People pleasing helps, but you need to adapt to your own circle of friends and bullshiters. For me I tent to be kind as a rule but keeping myself aware of lines being crossed to much. I am currently reading a book from this woman Karin Kuschik  50 expression that make you life ligther. Is a german book do I dont know if there is an English version yet. 

The german title is 50 Sätze,die das Leben Leichter Machen.

Of course that memorizimg stuff to say is not the same as knowing how to say in the moment buy for me is good to study situations that happens with others since in human realm behaviors use to repeat a lot. 

18 minutes ago, bensenbiz said:

Yeah in order to be a proper actor, one needs to be relaxed and confident in himself: which is the same like being actualized or healed. Getting rid of tension and fear. 

I just had a pretty vivid hallucination of being abducted by an alien UFO and hearing aliens transmitting their language into me.

Now that’s acting!! 

I just had a pretty vivid hallucination of being abducted by an alien UFO and hearing aliens transmitting their language into me.

Now that’s acting!! 

can you ask them if they can come to me and take me away from this insane humans? ;p

If more consciousness is more ego.. Then I guess Donald Trump is the most enlightened guy on the planet right? ..Right guys?

1 minute ago, bensenbiz said:

can you ask them if they can come to me and take me away from this insane humans? ;p

The aliens said that you can love humans more effectively when you yourself transcend being a human

?

5 minutes ago, ZzzleepingBear said:

If more consciousness is more ego.. Then I guess Donald Trump is the most enlightened guy on the planet right? ..Right guys?

8 minutes ago, Rafael Thundercat said:

@bensenbiz study all you can about Boundaries. Even videos from Leo about Gaslighting,People pleasing helps, but you need to adapt to your own circle of friends and bullshiters. For me I tent to be kind as a rule but keeping myself aware of lines being crossed to much. I am currently reading a book from this woman Karin Kuschik  50 expression that make you life ligther. Is a german book do I dont know if there is an English version yet. 

The german title is 50 Sätze,die das Leben Leichter Machen.

Of course that memorizimg stuff to say is not the same as knowing how to say in the moment buy for me is good to study situations that happens with others since in human realm behaviors use to repeat a lot. 

thanks for your input.. I would consider myself also as extremely kind and not bad intended to others at all. I am aware that people tend to realize that in a few seconds and cross my boundaries as they sense that I would not fight back. So I tend to say nothing and act like I am ignoring it until they repeat it several times and then I rage until the point where I would be even fine to attack them physically. Most of them time, after me raging they understand what's up and stop bothering me further. I don't think it's that efficient tho, it takes a lot of energy.

It's just I don't wanna go around and be paranoid, that at any second some one could cross my boundaries, it leads to a paranoid life. I wanna enjoy the time spending with others, and spread joy. We have enough suffering in this world..

Thanks for the recommendations of the book. I bought it, turns out I am german, so I can read it ;)

Which you all the best and encounters with humans who understand your boundaries and treat you in a gentle manner.

Just now, Yimpa said:

Ah yes, this confirms it. Shit Leo is going to be so mad when he realize that Trump is more awake.