BojackHorseman

Aren't drugs just escapism?

27 posts in this topic

On 2023-07-13 at 1:47 AM, Princess Arabia said:

I'm starting to look at life backwards myself. This Universal mirror plays a lot of tricks and I'm starting to catch on to its trickery. That's probably another trick its playing on me. But I'm game. 

the intelligence catching onto the tricks is lowkey the same intelligence tricking you I swear it’s all one thing but we feel we have a say in it lol ?

On 2023-07-12 at 3:36 PM, BojackHorseman said:

Clearly, I'm in the wrong place to ask that.

You are absolutely in the wrong place, haha.

To everything else you said, it might be helpful to focus on the cause/ purpose first, and to concern yourself with the means after.

Keeping in mind that going half-hearted and half-openly into anything tends to always give you lukewarm results, but also, yes. You can also make new problems which take years to resolve, if ever.

On 7/12/2023 at 5:36 PM, BojackHorseman said:

So, yeah. Why use drugs? Why wouldn't you rather learn to use your brain and mind the best you can and transcend things from here?

Why drive a car or get on an airplane to get to a distant place? Why not just walk? Surely it’s cheating to be using such tools.

“I once tried to explain existential dread to my toaster, but it just popped up and said, "Same."“ -Gemini AI

I like to crawl wherever I go like a lizard.

Edited by Leo Gura

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

3 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

I like to crawl wherever I go like a lizard.

“I once tried to explain existential dread to my toaster, but it just popped up and said, "Same."“ -Gemini AI

On 15/07/2023 at 8:22 PM, Yimpa said:

Why drive a car or get on an airplane to get to a distant place? Why not just walk? Surely it’s cheating to be using such tools.

I'm not sure it's the same.

In the plane example, the goal is the destination.

In the case of awakening, it would be more about the travel/changing yourself.

Another example could be : if there was a pill to instantly lose weight or get buff, would you rather take it, or do more "natural" work to get results by slowly understanding, changing your habits, etc?

I know nothing by the way, I'm really stupid, so don't bother answering if nothing useful would come out of this. I just find it interesting to discuss, sometimes it can be interesting to try a different opinion than the one people are certain of.

50 minutes ago, BojackHorseman said:

Another example could be : if there was a pill to instantly lose weight or get buff, would you rather take it, or do more "natural" work to get results by slowly understanding, changing your habits, etc?

I know nothing by the way, I'm really stupid, so don't bother answering if nothing useful would come out of this. I just find it interesting to discuss, sometimes it can be interesting to try a different opinion than the one people are certain of.

Both are actually important, and you’re not stupid. Trust me, I always think I’m stupid, but you’ll be surprised at what you can overcome when you embrace yourself more and more (contrary to what people will say is “egoic”).