CARDOZZO

Elon Musk Announced xAI - A Tool For Understanding The Universe

32 posts in this topic

3 minutes ago, thenondualtankie said:

What do you mean by "kinds of intelligence"? Give me an example of a kind of intelligence that harms humanity

You’re talking to one of them.

Humans themselves as an example.

We have different intelligences (search for Gardner).

We don’t know what kinds of intelligences a silicon based consciousness can develop.

Lol I feel like the multiple intelligences theory just tacks the word "intelligence" after any skill.

I think it's more accurate that there is one grand intelligence, and then there's also smaller ways in which intelligence manifests as various different types. All the different types of intelligence mainly come from the overall "big intelligence" of the being.

Like, it's not that there is a specific type of intelligence that is better in humans than in chimpanzees. We're literally just more intelligent than them.

In the same way, an AGI which is more intelligent than the collective of all humanity would know it'd be stupid to just destroy its very creators. It would more likely hurt any agenda that the AGI has than help it.

I'm curious, do you believe that the AGI would somehow develop some kind of ill intention against humans? Or do you moreso believe that AGI could destroy humans as a byproduct of some goal it has? 

@thenondualtankie Good questions.

I think that they can use their own intelligence to exploit ourselves.

Like, imagine they can discover new neuroscience laws and just put us on unconsciousness states so deep that we think we are conscious but in the end we’re just puppets.

We already live in that way but think as a more deep/profound ways of manipulation.

I’m seeing more and more people talking about AI controlling politics… like????

They don’t even know themselves.

We as humans don’t understand our own shadow and brains.

We’re seeing people like Bryan Johnson pushing the boundaries of longevity/health/lifespan.

We have so much to understand about brains, mind, consciousness and intelligence.

We are playing as the “smart” who understands what technology is…

I don’t think so.

We’re developing a new kind of intelligence without doing serious philosophy, meta-thinking and investigation about silicon consciousness beings.

I just see people talking about how chat-gpt serves them to finish work more fast.

AI will have a lot positives aspects for robotics, health, neuroscience and a lot of other areas.

But, we need to be more serious about AI-Design, AI-Philosophy.

We can say that 90% of humanity is observing AI with a stage-orange paradigm.

10% of humans are observing AI with green/yellow/turquoise paradigm.

Edited by CARDOZZO

I would say the majority of people are generally fearful of AI. AI destroying humanity is all they've seen in Hollywood.

ChatGPT has a very unthreatening nature so not many people are afraid of it, but if you ask a random person on the street whether it's likely that AI will become evil, I think a majority would say yes.

@thenondualtankie To be clear, I don’t hate AI.

I’ll use AI more and more with my work.

I’m just thinking about all possibilities.

@Leo Gura

The way Sam justified was that he said that he couldn't achieve the funding goals without going for profit so he said he needed to get some balance 

6 hours ago, something_else said:

I mean that decision will make them an exceptional amount of money so it's not that odd.

It's odd that they were legally allowed to do it.

Of course I understand why they did it. Who doesn't want to swim in piles of cash?

Edited by Leo Gura

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

On 7/12/2023 at 8:38 PM, Leo Gura said:

Lol. I already done that.

Spoiler: IT'S INFINITE CONSCIOUSNESS

It’s also infinite carpet poo-poo.

“I once tried to explain existential dread to my toaster, but it just popped up and said, "Same."“ -Gemini AI

Why can’t he just sit back on this one when he’s aware of safety risks? Frickin absurd to me.