Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Noahsteelers34

Best business courses to actualize my business idea??

8 posts in this topic

I’m looking to go into business. I feel I may have a very good business idea, but lack the knowledge on how to make it tangible. I want to escape the realm on having an abstract idea as fast as possible and start to take massive action to make it a reality. 

I just feel so inspired. Like my mind is being flooded with thousands of ideas, and it’s all I can think about. I really think I can take this idea and provide a lot of value to people, but again lack any solid business knowledge and I want my business to be very deep rooted and build on a solid foundation. 

Right now I’m in the domain of naive optimism, but don’t want to be just another kid with fantasies that never become actualized. 

does anyone know of good courses on bootstrapping a business? 

Edited by Noahsteelers34

Very solid advice by Leo per usual. As for "courses", nope. 

Whats the business idea? Conventional wisdom says to tackle ventures within the means of your resources + ambition.

Seth Godin's marketing course isn't too bad but it requires a prior knowledge of what you want to do. 

I would invest in a library membership and borrow bunch of books on starting a business before you burn 10K on expensive courses. Things like accounting, finances, the red tape stuff, data privacy etc you can lear from books and YouTube. 

Marketing is harder and that is entirely dependant on what you ant to do 

Basics of web design you can learn from YouTube. 

But before you do any of that, become more clear on what it is you want to be doing. Can you answer these: 

• What product am I offering? 
  • Who is it for? 
  • What problem is it solving? 
    • what is the deeper problem it is solving that the person can't verbalise? 
    • How will you communicate this to them? 
  • Who is it not for? 
  • How much does it cost? 
  • How does it make people's life better? 
  • What makes it unique? (what's my USP?) What differentiates you from the competition? 
  • Why should people even care? 
  • How are you going to convince a potential client to buy it? 
  • Where will you advertise it? 
  • Where do your clients hang out? How will you connect with them? 
  • What do you need to build it? 
  • Are you sufficiently qualified to sell / offer this thing? Could you run into problems with the law if not? 
Edited by Michael569

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus

I think Eben Pagan and Dan Kennedy's courses are highly rated here.

1 hour ago, Michael569 said:

What problem is it solving? 

What problem does a video game or film solve? 

When it comes to art, I think It's about excellence.

Not a fan of this problem solving mindset even if it works to a degree. But hey, who's to say that there's one way of marketing something.

One thing is true, It's not just about what problem am I solving but almost 90% of it is how well am I solving it? I haven't found any models or maps to make that easier for myself.

17 hours ago, MarkKol said:

What problem does a video game or film solve? 

These are projects that require teams of people, you can't make a film or a game as an individual however your LP could be to create virtual art, part of which could be to get hired by a game design studie, that's fur sure in which case you could reform the question to "What need is it filling in the person's soul?" 

Not a fan of this problem solving mindset even if it works to a degree

what do you mean? 

One thing is true, It's not just about what problem am I solving but almost 90% of it is how well am I solving it?

but of course - the identification is just the first step - you also need to be capable enough to deliver on your promise otherwise you'll lose client faith pretty quickly 

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus

@hyruga is it possible to go for a 9-5  job and do an online business on side and be successful in it