thenondualtankie

Acne

12 posts in this topic

How do I solve this shit? I have acne on my back, chest and face, mostly jaw.

Don't tell me to do something crazy like eat carnivore for the rest of my life. Or tell me to take accutane, which should indeed be classified as a crazy solution because it causes systemic damage to your body.

Cleansing my face daily helps a bit but I wouldn't say it solves the issue. I've done benzoyl peroxide for a few months before, and it did work, but it caused visible sun damage to my skin (even with good sunscreen) and the acne came back soon after I quit.

So what is the best solution?

The subreddit skincareaddiction has helped my skin a lot it can be something. The automoderated post at the top of the forum has links to guides on acne. 

also the blog simpleskincarescience has some good articles:

diet and acne:

https://simpleskincarescience.com/acne-diet/

how different people cleared their skin:

https://simpleskincarescience.com/reddit-skincare-acne-before-after/

5 hours ago, thenondualtankie said:

How do I solve this shit? I have acne on my back, chest and face, mostly jaw.

Don't tell me to do something crazy like eat carnivore for the rest of my life. Or tell me to take accutane, which should indeed be classified as a crazy solution because it causes systemic damage to your body.

Cleansing my face daily helps a bit but I wouldn't say it solves the issue. I've done benzoyl peroxide for a few months before, and it did work, but it caused visible sun damage to my skin (even with good sunscreen) and the acne came back soon after I quit.

So what is the best solution?

Check your diet. Google foods that cause acne and see if you're consuming any of them. That's how you get to the root cause. Acidic foods may be the culprit. Also processed sugars and dairy. That said, try getting a bottle of Oil of Oregano (w/olive oil added) and mixing a few drops with another carrier oil or some form of good quality moisturizer and apply to affected areas Acne and oil are not good partners, but oil of oregano has anti -bacterial qualities which may help...its anti- everything. Some home remedies to try are mashed strawberries, Manuka honey or good quality raw honey as Manuka honey is quite pricey, and aloe vera.  Also stay away from stressful situations. If you try any of these suggestions, please post an update on any progress. Note: You can add the oil of oregano to the honey, just don't use more than 2/3 drops at a time as it is very potent and make sure to test a small area first on skin. 

Thought = Time. Without thought there's no time.

You need to be healing your acne from inside out 

While there is a hormonal component to acne in growing males, you need to pay a lot of attention to your diet and your physical activity. I'd even go as far as to say that optimising the two will likely lead to 60-70% improvement within 3 months.

High-fibre Mediterranean type of diet with less junk, processed food and high-fat animal based foods and an abundance of PUFA-rich foods, high-fibre foods, spices, herbs and all sorts of natural ingredients is going to help. Overwhelm your system with cocktails of polyphenols - many of which are fairly reliable blockers of excessive androgen receptor expression (one of the hallmarks of acne). I wouldn't mock up with superfoods and supplements as long as you don't optimise your diet. 

The second part of this is exercise which has important regulatory functions for the endocrine system and systemic elimination. I think high-intensity exercise the type that leads to a lot of sweating is better than weights for this particular scenario / 

You might consider switching to natural cosmetics too - for example I've only been using herbal soaps to wash hair & body for years now and it works well. You don't need shaving foams, aftershaves and all sorts of weird stuff - keep it simple. Also pay attention to the type of moisturisers & creams you are using - I'd be prone to go for more natural brands with fewer ingredients, the type you can actually read and understand. 

There is much more that could be said and done but these should get you started. 

Edited by Michael569

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus

2 hours ago, Michael569 said:

You need to be healing your acne from inside out 

While there is a hormonal component to acne in growing males, you need to pay a lot of attention to your diet and your physical activity. I'd even go as far as to say that optimising the two will likely lead to 60-70% improvement within 3 months.

High-fibre Mediterranean type of diet with less junk, processed food and high-fat animal based foods and an abundance of PUFA-rich foods, high-fibre foods, spices, herbs and all sorts of natural ingredients is going to help. Overwhelm your system with cocktails of polyphenols - many of which are fairly reliable blockers of excessive androgen receptor expression (one of the hallmarks of acne). I wouldn't mock up with superfoods and supplements as long as you don't optimise your diet. 

The second part of this is exercise which has important regulatory functions for the endocrine system and systemic elimination. I think high-intensity exercise the type that leads to a lot of sweating is better than weights for this particular scenario / 

You might consider switching to natural cosmetics too - for example I've only been using herbal soaps to wash hair & body for years now and it works well. You don't need shaving foams, aftershaves and all sorts of weird stuff - keep it simple. Also pay attention to the type of moisturisers & creams you are using - I'd be prone to go for more natural brands with fewer ingredients, the type you can actually read and understand. 

There is much more that could be said and done but these should get you started. 

I'm going to check out your blog as I'm also into natural remedies, and like your style of maintenance when it comes to skin-care. I try to keep it simple myself. While we're on the subject, do you know of any reputable natural makeup brands online that I could check out. I pretty much only apply eye-shadow, mascara and eyeliner and would love to start using the non-chemical, non-toxic versions of these as everything else I use for my skin is relatively all natural like coconut oil, Shea butter, evoo and all other natural skin care that are easy to find. The make-up category is a bit more challenging and lots of fakers out there.

Just now, Princess Arabia said:

While we're on the subject, do you know of any reputable natural makeup brands online that I could check out. I pretty much only apply eye-shadow, mascara and eyeliner and would love to start using the non-chemical, non-toxic versions of these as everything else I use for my skin is relatively all natural like coconut oil, Shea butter, evoo and all other natural skin care that are easy to find. The make-up category is a bit more challenging and lots of fakers out there.

I'm probably not the best person to advise on that. I don't seek out particular brands and it also depends on where you live. B-corp certified products are held to higher standard in order to pass through the certification so looking up for that B-sign is a good idea. But in general, I think keeping it as simple to as few products as possible might be a good idea - at least when it comes to men. I'm not too versed in what is the best approach for women. 

Ideally get stuff that is not harmful to aquatic life and is based on relatively simple ingredients that you can mostly read and understand. 

But in the grand scheme of things, I think there are bigger fish to fry when it comes to toxins & pollutants such as water & air pollution. 

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus

12 minutes ago, Michael569 said:

I'm probably not the best person to advise on that. I don't seek out particular brands and it also depends on where you live. B-corp certified products are held to higher standard in order to pass through the certification so looking up for that B-sign is a good idea. But in general, I think keeping it as simple to as few products as possible might be a good idea - at least when it comes to men. I'm not too versed in what is the best approach for women. 

Ideally get stuff that is not harmful to aquatic life and is based on relatively simple ingredients that you can mostly read and understand. 

But in the grand scheme of things, I think there are bigger fish to fry when it comes to toxins & pollutants such as water & air pollution. 

Thanks for the response.

same man, I am 17, my face is full of acne, my shoulders, my back, and my chest a bit, it absolutely sucks.
my diet is very clear, I cut out all junk food, Pepsi, soda, restaurants food, fruit juices (i make my own now). candy, etc. and switched to whole wheat bread only since like 1.5 years ago, I did it for health not acne, and that should have changed something right? but no, its literally the same as I had it since 13/14.
I do exercise in the summer holiday every year, which is like 4 months here, and it never made a difference.

I went to a lot of doctors and stuck to the prescribed stuff, it only makes a small difference for the first week or two then it stops working no matter how long I continue the treatment course.

I tried naturally stopping it by using herbal soaps and creams, it works just like the above, works for some time then nothing.

it really makes me feel ugly 24/7 and hate going outside, people also automatically assume I am not taking care of myself, it sucks.

Can anyone please recommend something? I did cut out dairy but not long enough, only for like 3 weeks, but new acne was still happening so idk, I am cutting out dairy again right now

Reduce carbs and dairy products, and stop jerking off frequently, make it like once a week.

3 hours ago, LSD-Rumi said:

Reduce carbs and dairy products, and stop jerking off frequently, make it like once a week.

Lol the masturbation thing sounds like a bunch of bullshit.

I did nofap for a month. It did not affect my acne at all.

4 minutes ago, thenondualtankie said:

Lol the masturbation thing sounds like a bunch of bullshit.

I did nofap for a month. It did not affect my acne at all.

It may not be the case for everyone. For me, it was certainly the main cause. I stopped masturbating for a few months and it all was gone.

Anyways, Acne has multiple causes that are different for everyone. You should determine what affects yo.