Reciprocality

Don't you see it

13 posts in this topic

All the curves, all the silhouettes, all the colors, lights, shapes, objects, dimensions, geometries, patterns etc, it is all incredible, the way it all operates coherently or even operates coherently regardless of whether you are aware of it or not, the small little variations of the light in your surroundings and the small little variations in the causes leading up to it, the freedom you have to analyse and investigate all these things.

Though as soon as you try to convince someone of it, as soon as you try to inspire others for the same realisation, that everything is perfect as it is, as soon as you tell a story about it it becomes no longer it, but seemingly something else, the beauty of it all disappears as soon as I try to make it something that it isn't, I cant avoid it.

To communicate with others is in some sense manipulative, it is inherently to make the immediate reality into a reference to a similar experience of both our pasts, this is the nature of our ideas.

The truth is that the abstract world is absolutely beautiful as well, in a completely different way, and so is the way it operates so fluently with all the things I mentioned first above, it is a big wondrous system in strike opposition to anything otherwise human, our insanity lies in how statements are put under doubt, how our whole assertoric landscape of expressions is perspectival and therefore impossibly true.

But the things I mention here know no possible antagonist under which they can be put under doubt, to confuse its self-evidency for a want of importance is again a reference back to the perspectival world as metric of measurement, there is no possible way to obsess sufficiently over the beauty of the already given in this world, you are not partaking in that obsession you are the object of that obsession because it can only be you who carry it over from yesterday to today.

The part of us which expresses these things in the forum is not the part which is aware of it, but the part which needs to be contradicted, the part which wants to experience the world in new ways under the gaze of that contradiction, and so we continue to blabber on uselessly like apes, but there is nothing to say here except for expressions of uncertainty.

how much can you bend your mind? and how much do you have to do it to see straight?

Ironically, I think you did a pretty good job of communicating beauty.

It is unfortunate that most people nowadays get obsessed with fabrications of experience rather than focusing on their actual immediate experience, thus never allowing them to actually make contact with their experience.

I like to think of words or communications as pointers, like a finger that points to something, and then it's on you to direct your attention there, because obviously my finger can't shapeshift into that experience, it's just a finger.

Good post!

"God is not a conclusion, it is a sudden revelation. When you see a rose it is not that you go through a logical solipsism, "This is a rose, and roses are beautiful, so this must be beautiful." The moment you see it, the head stops spinning thoughts. On the contrary, your heart starts beating faster. It is something totally different from the idea of truth." -Osho

24 minutes ago, Reciprocality said:

All the curves, all the silhouettes, all the colors, lights, shapes, objects, dimensions, geometries, patterns etc, it is all incredible, the way it all operates coherently or even operates coherently regardless of whether you are aware of it or not, the small little variations of the light in your surroundings and the small little variations in the causes leading up to it, the freedom you have to analyse and investigate all these things.

Learn to use a period "." where needed instead of a "," to avoid run-on sentences. *See below. 

Other than that good stuff. Glad to hear you are enjoying the show.

*All the curves, all the silhouettes, all the colors, lights, shapes, objects, dimensions, geometries, patterns etc, it is all incredible. The way it all operates coherently or even operates coherently regardless of whether you are aware of it or not. The small little variations of the light in your surroundings and the small little variations in the causes leading up to it. The freedom you have to analyze and investigate all these things.

7 minutes ago, Osaid said:

It is unfortunate that most people nowadays get obsessed with fabrications of experience rather than focusing on their actual immediate experience, thus never allowing them to actually make contact with their experience.

@Osaid And these unfortunate fabrications coincides with our traditions of especially literature and cinema, where protagonists are so often themselves the focus, even though in immediate experience as you call it the inverse is true, so as consequence of (though really symbiosis with) this:  people imagine themselves as a character, or an ego, an individual in opposition and comparison to other individuals, while they actually are the whole thing.

I think that pointing is definitely one of the methods, especially as we use it on ourself reminding us that the substance of reality is out there, in this way it may be that actual scientists and researchers see something most people don't, but I think it is more effective to show others that the one who is pointing is not actually in opposition/contradiction to anything (not an anti-fascist or anti meat-eater etc), but instead an intelligence that changes shape according to what its environment asks of it.

And thank you for the compliment, hurray!

how much can you bend your mind? and how much do you have to do it to see straight?

@cetus I see what you say, my thoughts are very connected to one another, which makes me scream in agony imagining putting periods between them!

11 hours ago, Reciprocality said:

@cetus I see what you say, my thoughts are very connected to one another, which makes me scream in agony imagining putting periods between them!

In your writing, do you ever feel like you value authentic expression and flow over clarity of meaning and conciseness?

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

Good post! Live the experience as shown below, have fun and stop saying that this human life is all a shitty prison. Because it is not. The Hard is what makes It Great?

7 hours ago, Carl-Richard said:

In your writing, do you ever feel like you value authentic expression and flow over clarity of meaning and conciseness?

@Carl-RichardDo you think I write to express my authenticity? If we employ Occhams razor for clarity's sake it would be more correct to say that what is written is authentic and that I value not the expressing of it but the meaning of it.

I value the meaning of what I think so much that it is better if few understands it than if nobody does by producing 100 statements each separated by periods like @cetus suggested (and hope therewith that someone intuits their connections), if I could write it as concisely as possible I would love to, it continues to be one of my highest aspirations to find ways to be more readable without sacrificing meaning, it is possible that I am naturally shit poor at it, I don't know.

Language is mostly the ability to point to shared experiences, as soon as we go beyond experiences that are shared, which is the realm I operate in most of the time, I will necessarily struggle to point to it. 

Everything I write in forums I obsessively check for possible ways it can be misinterpreted and cut up my sentences according to the need arising from there, the way I check for possible misinterpretations is that I imagine what the kinds of people who come to the relevant forum may presuppose in their own thinking, I don't know for instance if this additional information will function as an example for the general rule I outlined or if it will confuse you, this is a constant struggle, but it is an inherent problem with such things as forums, where we communicate not with individual people that we know personally, but with possibility distributions of perspectives.

On 25.06.2023 at 6:48 PM, Carl-Richard said:

He is the reincarnation of Kant. 

@Vibroverse You imply by this that Kant were not concise, yet everything that man writes is with reference to nothing more than 1. something you can intuitively grasp and 2. with reference to these already given intuitions.

That is, he adds nothing more than he needs to towards his actual and final assertions. One of his principles for instance is that no two words should ever both be used to a singular idea, this is a recipe for conciseness. 

The problem with his writing is inherent to the problem of syntax in natural language, and my problems in being concise stretches far beyond inherent problems of language.

On 6/26/2023 at 11:13 AM, Vibroverse said:

He is the reincarnation of Kant. 

I Kant vibe with that :D

“Every sunrise is an invitation to brighten the world with your own unique light.“ - ChatGPT