Schizophonia

Best extraction method for N-M-DMT? (from mimosa hostilis)

25 posts in this topic

I will be making DMT soon, I intend to follow Cyb's Hybrid ATB Salt Tek extraction method, it seems to be one of the best but are there better methods? 
(If you have already done this)

If you dont understand, you're not twisted enough.

Reddit r/DMTLab r/dmtguide

The best method is synthesis, but it's not for people who are looking for the best method.

I don't think this conversation belongs to these forums.

16 hours ago, Girzo said:

Reddit r/DMTLab r/dmtguide

The best method is synthesis, but it's not for people who are looking for the best method.

I don't think this conversation belongs to these forums.

Why ?
The synthesis is the most complicated, everyone makes extractions with mimosa.

@Schizophonia The process is very similar. Which process is more practical depends on whether in your country mimosa is legal and easy to get or not. 

3 minutes ago, Girzo said:

@Schizophonia The process is very similar. Which process is more practical depends on whether in your country mimosa is legal and easy to get or not. 

Where I am, not only buying on the internet is possible but I can find the tree planted everywhere. :)

Then in case of someone living where you live the only upside of the synthesis route would be that it can yield either DMT, 5-MeO-DMT or 5-MeO-MiPT with the same process, while extraction can only ever give you DMT.

Edited by Girzo

yea do the Cyb's Hybrid ATB Salt Tek just do it with good ventilation lol

@Schizophonia Tip: if u wanna get those white dmt crystals, dissolve  the extracted yellow crystals with n-heptane ( best solvent for cleaning in my experience) than just put in container of choice, leave it in the freezer overnight or till those crystals form on the bottom. And enjoy 

For me it doesn’t make it any more potent, but it just looks better? and leaves your pipe cleaner.

Yellow DMT is equally pure to white DMT. The DMT molecule comes in two mirroree forms which accounts for yellow and white. So purifying yellow to white is not going to make it better. Unless your yellow just had impurities to start.

Edited by Leo Gura

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@Leo Gura DMT doesn’t have left-hand, right-hand mirrored forms?

It’s about how this chain with nitrogen at the end folds when the substance crystallizes.

IMG_0706.png

It can be straightened out like in the image, or twisted down into an almost another ring.

And imagine it’s a tile and you have to make floor out of it. There are many ways to tile that floor and every configuration has slightly different color, melting point and consistency.

Also, water. Water makes a brownish goo out of your 99% DMT.

So, two things. First the molecule twists. Second, you can put those twisted molecules in the space in different ways.

@Mel B Thanks :ph34r:

@Leo Gura @Girzo Whether it's an isomer issue or not does that have any impact on the effects?

If it's impurities of course that matters.

@Schizophonia For what i've read the spiritveghead tek is the most recomended. Use lab grade solvents like heptane (instead of industrial solventes like naptha), do evaporation test, water wash and consume it orally with harmalas to not hurt your lungs. Also you need to consider security protocols for the extraction to not make your house explode and kill yourself and your family.

51 minutes ago, Girzo said:

@Schizophonia DMT doesn’t have isomers.

Leo suggested that they were enantiomers.

1 hour ago, Leo Gura said:

If it's impurities of course that matters.

It's possible.
I have seen several times that the DMT extracted from ayahuasca can be mixed a little with other psychoactive alkaloids, depending on the method of extraction I assume.

6 minutes ago, fictional_character said:

@Schizophonia For what i've read the spiritveghead tek is the most recomended. Use lab grade solvents like heptane (instead of industrial solventes like naptha), do evaporation test, water wash and consume it orally with harmalas to not hurt your lungs. Also you need to consider security protocols for the extraction to not make your house explode and kill yourself and your family.

Thank you, I have "essence C", so naphtha.
For now it will be with this.

I also planned to smoke it with an "e mech", the goal is precisely to have a short and powerful trip.
I also don't feel like messing with an MAOI for several reasons.

@Schizophonia Honestly if i could access 5-MeO i would not miss my time extracting N,n, DMT, but where I live i haven't found any source and you can get in trouble very easily buying from the dark net.

11 hours ago, Schizophonia said:

Leo suggested that they were enantiomers.

Then Leo doesn’t know. There aren’t. Where would that be? Just look at the picture, it’s always the same molecule, it’s flat.

I know from a chemist that there are two forms of pure DMT. One is white, the other is yellow.

Maybe

11 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

I know from a chemist that there are two forms of pure DMT. One is white, the other is yellow.

Maybe, I don't know that.

But the color can come from the extraction. Usually the first round extracting gets you nice white cristalls but when you rerun it and try to get the rest and you add more base and solvend and start heating it you also dissolve some of the oils which change it to yellowish or one can make minimal mistakes  transferring the solvend and getting accidentally a drip of bark solution or two which also changes the color and cristall structure bit.

Edited by Starlight321

On 13.7.2023 at 6:55 PM, Leo Gura said:

Yellow DMT is equally pure to white DMT. The DMT molecule comes in two mirroree forms which accounts for yellow and white. So purifying yellow to white is not going to make it better. Unless your yellow just had impurities to start.

@Leo Gura I was partially wrong. you were right about the polymorphism of dmt. 

As it seems dmt has two distinct crystaline structures. One whitish the other more yellowish with a distinct melting point.

The color can be influenced in many ways. It depends on the solvent for example how it crystalizes. Then the extraction methode plays a role and temperature of the solvent because often fats get dissolved in it and cause a colorisation. Oxidation or the presence of an amorphous seedling also play a role in structure or color, respectively.

According to the report below the yellow criystalline structure is also  convertable into white if you can heat it to a certain temperature.

For those interested, here is the report:

https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0026265X13000544

Edited by Starlight321