ronda

600mcg LSD Experience and Unanticipated After-Effects - Seeking Insights

9 posts in this topic

Greetings fellow journeyers,

I recently had a rather intense and, in some respects, disconcerting experience with LSD. I'd like to share this experience and seek your insights about some surprising after-effects.

Dosage: 600mcg LSD

Setting: My apartment, alone.

After preparing myself thoroughly, I embarked on a high-dose LSD journey. As the substance began to take effect, I was swept into a maelstrom of colors, sounds, and emotions. The reality as I knew it was replaced by an undulating dreamscape of vibrant patterns and interconnected thoughts.

At one point in my journey, driven by an impulse I couldn't quite understand, I decided to watch some adult content. The specific content was rather typical – a heterosexual couple engaging in consensual sexual activity. Strangely, this experience felt less physical and more cerebral. It was as if I was observing the fundamental human instincts and desires laid bare.

As the trip unfolded, I experienced an overwhelming sense of unity with the universe. I felt my consciousness expand into a boundless ocean, dissolving my sense of self into a shared cosmic consciousness.

However, after the trip, a strange pattern started to emerge. As weeks passed, I began seeing phallic shapes and symbols everywhere. From clouds to architecture to patterns on textiles, my mind seemed to continually associate and morph the mundane into the shape of male genitalia.

Now, I’d like to ask this community for insights:

Has anyone experienced such persistent visuals or symbols after a high-dose LSD trip, specifically relating to sexual content?

How can these recurring visuals be interpreted? Are they a common after-effect of intense psychedelic experiences, and can they indicate a psychological or neurological process?

What strategies or practices could be useful to navigate and integrate these visuals into daily life?

Are there resources (books, articles, forums) that discuss the after-effects of LSD or other psychedelics, especially when they involve a shift in perception related to sexual themes?

I truly appreciate any insights, guidance, or shared experiences. The journey was transformative, but the after-effects were unexpected, underscoring the profound and unpredictable nature of these substances.

Thank you!

19 minutes ago, ronda said:

my mind seemed to continually associate and morph the mundane into the shape of male genitalia.

If you focus on the clouds can you change the pattern that you see? Have you tested if you can control what you see with concentration or continues effort? 

Edited by integral

How is this post just me acting out my ego in the usual ways? Is this post just me venting and justifying my selfishness? Are the things you are posting in alignment with principles of higher consciousness and higher stages of ego development? Are you acting in a mature or immature way? Are you being selfish or selfless in your communication? Are you acting like a monkey or like a God-like being?

Freud had these recognitions too. He said everything human creates is sexual. Like putting key into a hole to open the door etc

Maybe you have some deep insights into humans creating sexual things unconsciously all the time

Or you have still some lsd effects left in your System 

I would just leave it as it is as it appears without trying to control or getting rid of it.  Try being curious about it, allowing it to express freely. 

43 minutes ago, integral said:

If you focus on the clouds can you change the pattern that you see? Have you tested if you can control what you see with concentration or continues effort? 

I've tried to concentrate and change the patterns I see in the clouds and other objects. While at times, focusing my attention elsewhere or trying to perceive a different image seems to work momentarily, the phallic visuals tend to re-emerge shortly after.

It's a bit like those optical illusion images where you can see two different pictures depending on how you look at it. You can switch your perception consciously for a while, but it often snaps back to the initial image, particularly if that's what you saw first.

Continued effort to change my perception does seem to have a slight effect, but it's not entirely within my control. It's an ongoing process, and I am hoping that over time and with consistent effort (and possibly with the help of mindfulness practices or therapy), these visuals will begin to subside or transform.

I'm curious to know if anyone else has had success with changing their recurring visuals through concentration or other strategies. Any insights are much appreciated!

16 hours ago, ronda said:

I've tried to concentrate and change the patterns I see in the clouds and other objects. While at times, focusing my attention elsewhere or trying to perceive a different image seems to work momentarily, the phallic visuals tend to re-emerge shortly after.

It's a bit like those optical illusion images where you can see two different pictures depending on how you look at it. You can switch your perception consciously for a while, but it often snaps back to the initial image, particularly if that's what you saw first.

Continued effort to change my perception does seem to have a slight effect, but it's not entirely within my control. It's an ongoing process, and I am hoping that over time and with consistent effort (and possibly with the help of mindfulness practices or therapy), these visuals will begin to subside or transform.

I'm curious to know if anyone else has had success with changing their recurring visuals through concentration or other strategies. Any insights are much appreciated!

The worst-case scenario is the one where you live the rest of your life seeing dicks in clouds. I feel that your nervousness about the situation is worse than the situation itself.

Edited by Israfil

6 minutes ago, Israfil said:

The worst-case scenario is the one where you live the rest of your life seeing dicks in clouds. I feel that your nervousness about the situation is worst than the situation itself.

You've got a point – worst-case scenario, I’m the guy who finds phallic forecasts in the clouds. I can see it now: my friends asking me what the weather is like, and I’m like, “Well, it’s partly cloudy with a chance of...you guessed it!” ?️?

I can picture myself as an old man, sitting on a park bench, giving unsolicited Rorschach tests to strangers using cloud shapes. A career as a phallic-symbol-focused cloud psychologist may be in my future!

But in all seriousness, you’re right that the nervousness might be adding fuel to the fire. I need to remember to take a step back, maybe have a laugh, and not let this consume my daily life.

I still hold that it's important to take experiences seriously and seek integration, but a spoonful of humor might just make the medicine go down a bit easier.

Thanks for the chuckles and the reality check, @Israfil! The sky’s the limit! ☁️?

Edited by ronda

LSD can leave echoes of a trip clanking around your mind for a while. For example once i did a chant that brought me into a pleasurable state while tripping and then for the next week or so after the trip was long since over i'd feel oddly compelled to do that chant and it would bring me back to that zone again, but it faded after a while. I havent done a trip as strong as 600ug, but id think that those sorts of echoes could be much more intense. Like if you stare at a light for too long and then the afterimage is on your retina for a while. But instead its a quality of the trip that imprinted on you. It will most likely go away on it's own given time.